United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 246 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 246 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 438 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have enjoyed very much working at the postal service I am from the county I work In and get to see and interact with customers I have known for years. Working for the postal service is not as easy as a job as a lot of people think, we can work from 8 to 14 hour days as we never know the volume of what all we will receive for the day.
Good Government Benefits
Kontra érvek
Things don’t run on time, never know what time you will get off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was the worst job experience of my life. Truly wanted to be there, but the atmosphere of that agency especially this district is so toxic that I left after 4 months. Due to complete incompetence above me, I took me a year to finally get paid for my initial training period. I went the first month with no pay.
I worked at the post office in the early 70’s when the address change label program was started, typing sheets of yellow labels for hours on end. We were paid $4.52/hour at a time when the official minimum wage was only $1.00/hour, we thought we had the world by the tail.

NOW, completely different atmosphere.
Wages
Kontra érvek
General atmosphere from anyone in management positions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
there's 3 unions minimum in every post office. If you aren't in the city carrier union, you're less than dirt. Upper management (above the post office level- Detroit) has no business being in charge of a popsicle stand, let alone a region of the postal service. They have problems reading and following the contract.
there are none
too many to mention
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS has been great but depending on the office you work at you may get 10 hours a week or 50 hours. So with that being said don't be afraid to changes offices with you want/need more or less hours.
Pro érvek
Pay, healthcare benefits even for part-time
Kontra érvek
Amount of hours for part time workers in small offices
Munkahelyi kultúra
When you want to go home after your scheduled time, it's like pulling teeth. Employees can sit, talk, and bs around and then when you finish you task because and are ready to go home...you cant.. The supervisors send you right back out to help those same individuals that thought it was cool to just abuse the day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I successfully got through all of the training nearing a high 100% on the driving test. Back up perfectly. Went to the location where I was going to work and ran into a Supervisor who decided to focus on negative issues with me. I believe his issues had nothing to do with me and as an older person I move out of areas where there are negative issues. I am happy that I left this position. The Employment Security Judge agreed with my reasons for leaving. And, we both moved on in a positive manner.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked here and I wish that It was going to be my dream job but instead it has been my worst nightmare. The other RCA's are cool but the management don't care about you at all. They are very rude and don't care it you have children or not. I was working 6am-6pm and they can work you 7 days a week if they want too. I have always wanted to work for the postal service and was so exciting to get in just for this to happen is such a big disappointment..
money
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Again the post office is a nightmare—you just don’t know you’re dead, yet. Furthermore, the whole experience was one of manipulation...never a good thing...right?
Pro érvek
The money and job security can both be very good.
Kontra érvek
The culture, the lack of support from the top on down.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You are just a number! Hampster wheel. The only support was from those on your level because we were all in it together. Vicious management. Felt like prison.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is for someone who does not have a life you come in as a sub and work over 40 hours a week they don’t ask you can you come in they demand you and they let you know last minute at that... the supervisor there has her favorites she picks and choose who she wants to run express/cvs and she picks and chooses who she want to give new routes to. Lastly they tell you if you a sub you can’t request days when you only technically obligated to work Saturday, Sunday, and holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being able to be out on my own without someone hounding over your shoulders... The customers, some of the workers, being able to learn the city and rural routes
Lunch on holidays
Kontra érvek
no organization, lack of leadership
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s honestly not a bad job. Pretty easy job and straight forward. If you can’t handle stress it’s not for you. Management can be unfair at times. I have seen co workers get by with certain things. But if this is a job you desire then go for it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work. Hired part time. Gained benefits once you hit career, but it takes multiple years. Co-workers are very helpful when you need it. Supervisors are hit or miss.
Pay
No benefits, on call
Munkahelyi kultúra
After a training period of about a month, my hours were mostly just on weekends. There was no hazard pay nor bonuses for working through the coronavirus. I ended up making significantly less per hour than the stated amount. Some days I worked 13 hours straight without a break, but only got paid for 8.5, they call it "evaluated route" and don't compensate for package volume which sometimes was ridiculous due to the shutdown. The coworkers were nice and I loved being out on the road with the mail. I did not like working mostly just on Saturdays nor being called in with no notice on Sunday AM. The Postmaster was relatively inexperienced and changed direction and policies frequently.
Pro érvek
Nice coworkers, fun job when volume is normal
Kontra érvek
Not enough hours, but long days on weekends
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awesome place to work and great pay. Only resigned because i didnt receive enough hours. Loved the people i worked with and would go back in a heartbeat if i could go full time.
Pro érvek
Pay, benefits and work by yourself most of the day.
Kontra érvek
Have to use your own vehicle, random hours and can take years to go full time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The rural carrier position is broken and will require an overhaul to be anywhere near fair to the workers. Workers are paid by an antiquated counting/evaluation system, not by the hour. Even though the mail volumes have declined over the years, the package volumes have continued to rise such that workers often have to make second trips and will have to take much more time to make the daily route deliveries than the daily route pays. A route rated at 9 hours per day takes more like 11 to 12 hours to finish and you will not be paid more than the 9 hours. The work environment is hostile because everyone is overworked. Because of this the turnover rate is extremely high and therefore there is never enough people to back up the regulars so you can't ever get any time off either.
Job security
Kontra érvek
Unpaid hours, Just keeps getting worse
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I first started this job I loved it. I worked as an RCA part time which is exactly what I signed up for. My grandpa passed away and the funeral was the day after Christmas. They wouldn’t allow me to be off. I transferred offices and it just got worse. Management plays favorites, i’ve been bullied about the COVID act trump passed when I took leave to be home with my young children. I now work 12-14 days straight without benefits only making a dollar more when I started 4 years ago. Don’t let this place ruin your life. You run amazon every Sunday, you work every weekend and you won’t get a career position which means your own route for 5-20 years after initial hire date.
Pro érvek
Delivering to regular customers that appreciate you
Kontra érvek
Management no days off working every weekend and holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really wanted to be part of the USPS. For years I thought that would be the career of my life, and what I'd do until retirement. Little did I know the absolute show it was in the end. As everyone else is saying, be prepared to have no life. and no, I don't just mean after work. I mean any day ever. You cannot plan ANYTHING, and if you do, be prepared to cancel it at 5am when you wake up to your phone ringing on your day off telling you to come in. If you want a bunch of hours, a bunch of money, and no life to use it on, the post office may be for you, but in all honesty, as someone with many hobbies, and who values my time with musical instruments, writing songs, spending time with friends and family, and just simply existing, this job will allow time for NONE of that. Again, if you absolutely need a large sum of money every 2 weeks and don't mind never doing anything again, go for it, but it is TOUGH. The hours were quite crazy. One day I had started at 5am and got off at 9pm. no exaggeration. there is literally zero time to do anything. you have NO time after work. if you're expected to work again at 5am, that means waking up at 4, maybe 4:30, but even then, you won't be getting a full 8 hours of sleep, which is standard for most people. I'm aware some can do 7, even 6, but still, the fact that they don't even grant you the normal sleeping hours between leaving work and going back is pretty abhorrent. Every night I got off work, I could barely eat. not even because I barely had time to, though that was also the case, but because I was annoyed and stressed out that I barely - több...
Pro érvek
pay and benefits are excellent
Kontra érvek
literally no time for yourself between shifts, barely enough time to go home, eat and sleep before the next shift, cannot plan a single day off as you will be called in constantly, you will destroy personal relationships with this job, you will have no time for hobbies with this job, you will have no time to enjoy life with this job
Munkahelyi kultúra
No benefits and long hours. No life and not paid enough. Post Office is not what it used to be. You have no time for your personal life. The stress is too much and the job never seems to end. The work ethic of some is such that others have to do twice the amount of work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
a lot of grumpy employees, some managers were great while others were horrible, some staff that needed to be reprimanded never were, everything based on seniority instead of job performance
Pro érvek
inside half the day and outside on your own half