United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 120 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 120 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 626 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall this is just one of those jobs that's not for everybody.
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Productive place to work
The post office is a place were you constantly have to stay on go. You have to remember the routes all the way from the road names to the mail box numbers. things can get a little out of wack, you have to carry many heavy packages and fear of running into dogs.
Millennium USPS
The Flexible Days is the best Watch Your Pay Minimal information given to RCAs USPS is not what it used to be! The Respect for the craft has been lost I’m Looking forward to the return of the previous culture or better to be applied and used
Typical day at work
Great job horrible management love meeting new people out on the different routes I run. Most of the people I work with are nice and are fun to be around.
Workload
The load can be overwhelming. May be different now that Amazon is delivering their own packages. It is a lot harder than it looks! Remember that at Christmas lol
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Decent Salary considering education and experience requirements
Stressful working environment. Job requires maintaining a vehicle for the route.
The route was fun to drive except in the winter. Most of the people in the community were friendly. The work environment breeds hostility.
Postal Service
I went throw training was very good. The people were very helpful. I liked the on the job training I was put with a great professional who gave me the time and helped me a great deal But due to a health reason I had to leave the job. I wish I did not have to leave. Great place to work.
Good paying stable job
I've been working as a RCA since January, and have to say I love it. It seriously hard work to learn the skills necessary to become accomplished at your position, but well worth it. Hope to become a regular in the next couple years.
You are disposable
They will get rid of you before probation is up. Training is not good. Either sink or swim. Management is very terrible and would rather see you fail.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Toxic work environment, Worthless Union Reps, Poor Training etc.
Stay away. The money is tempting, however you will burnout and become extremely depressed.

The training is terrible. It consists of instructors that spend 80% of their time, talking about their personal lives while you try to absorb the remaining 20 percent of the "training" while they compete with the noise of the postal office work staff, since the classroom is conducted in the distribution warehouse.

Be prepared to cough up $1200.00 dollars to convert your care into a rural carrier vehicle. (Which will NOT be reimbursed).

If you do drive an LLV (Postal Vehicle), be prepared to acquire hip and back pain from the seats, which are never reupholstered. To say it is not ergonomic is an understatement.

Also, you will only be guaranteed one day per week of work after being hired.

Be prepared to be snubbed by the full time postal workers, since they don't receive overtime during the holiday season as you will take hours away from them, by working for a lower wage with less benefits.

Also, don't lose your scanner. You will be told that you may not look for it by the postmaster, even though you are expected to go and look for it without the approval of the postmaster. I had bought this topic up, to the inspector general and was immediately ostracized by the management and given the worst routes with the most dogs with the least chance of completion by the end of the day. In addition, don't expect any help from your union representative. They told me, that management had a target on my back, due to my questioning of the inspector general. Retribution is the word of
 - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorting mail and delivery of that mail
Haven't done the job enough to give a good rating. Work is tough to learn as the role is part time. Speed is crucial and I am learning during the Covid-19 pandemic making it more challenging.
Worst Job
Worst job I've ever had. Management was discombobulated and demanded that I changed procedure daily from Academy standards or training practices learned from trainer. I had developed my own style and was fast until managers meddled, which caused errors and extended shifts. Each manager contradicted the other and had nerve to blame me for extended shifts. Plus, the company has almost zero regard for employee safety during COVID-19.
i loved this job
I loved my job with the post office and kick myself every day for loosing the job you pretty much work on your own in the office and on the street I loved how busy it kept me
Munkahelyi kultúra
Huge turnover. Little regard for the employees as people.
A highly politicized environment, it is made clear that outlying opinions are unwelcome. Two days of orientation sitting in a room having someone try to explain how you behave in polite society, only to find that no one in your branch adheres to these guidelines. An inept company from top to bottom, hemorrhaging funds at an amazing rate. For example; Imagine being hired without an interview, then being paid for five days before being asked if you even want the job. That's the USPS.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good group of people to work with.
The hours are there if you need them. There are people who will help you if it's the staff or Management. Management will help and so will your Union Rep....
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Lots of work at Christmas...
The money is good.
The money is good. Supervision very controlling atmosphere. Hard work hot, sweaty. Not much time left for family the post office comes first in your life if you go in as a carrier.
Pro érvek
Money
Kontra érvek
Controlling atmosphere.
Trash
100% don’t do it. You get used and used and used until you’re mentally unstable. Worst company to work for. They do not care about their employees. They only care about the mail.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would be very cautious in seeking employment there
Postal service definitely is not the same as it was when I was hired 15 years ago a cut benefits cut hours show favoritism they do not protect their employees as they should the union is more important than ever now in the post office and then it's hard to get a representative to actually actually represent you no matter what the issue could be
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work place was small and extremely dirty.
The culture is not very good. The hardest part of the job was delivering mail to several thousand post boxes after sorting mail in an eight hour shift.
Not worth it
Extremely demanding work environment with no consideration to substitutes. A seniority ranked company and may take as long as 7 years to begin to earn benefits.
Insufficient supplies. Required to purchase your own. Rural carriers required to provide their own vehicle with only .70/mile.
Aweful management
Management is a joke. You also never get paid for your milage and you nevet get a break.They abuse you mentally and your overworked stressed out. You will hate it.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés