United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

2 759 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 23 138 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay for part time work; toxic culture
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Batesville, AR2019, október 29.
During orientation and academy you feel like the USPS is a positive company that cares for each other. However, once you begin. You are forced to work heavy mail days that you aren't scheduled because regulars don't feel like working those days. The Supervisors demand that as a new rca you work just as fast or faster than RCAs who have been there for years. And when you aren't as fast 1 month ( 7 actual work days) into it. You are threaten to be terminated for being unproductive. Supervisors will harass and threaten you daily, making for a stressful, toxic, and hostile work environment. And because this is a union job, you have to jump through hoops to get any kind of equality treatment. Management only sees you as a machine to get the mail out. They only care about speed- not accuracy or quality of service. This is by far the worst place I've ever worked. They give Government jobs a bad name.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Would'nt waste your time unless you like getting disrespected by management
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ellicott City, MD2019, október 28.
be prepared to work all holidays including Christmas and thanksgiving, lots of drama at work and the environment is an eye for an eye. Co workers are incompetent and be prepared to deal with call outs on a day to day basis. long work hours, at least 10-13. Dont waste your time look elsewhere for a career not a job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was assaulted on my mail route
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Scappoose, OR2019, október 28.
I was assaulted when I was delivering mail. However, instead of asking me if I was okay or how I could get help with the healing process of what happened. I was asked to come in the very next day and deliver the exact same mail as the day of the assault.
Working at post office for 13 years without any kind of benefits
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  An2019, október 28.
Been there for so long and get same kind of treatment as newbie sometime working 2 days 3 days with Sunday’s a week route is vacant but no answer when will be posted
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
They lie
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Greenville, SC2019, október 28.
Pro érvek
Positive residents you deliver mail to.
Kontra érvek
Daily harassment, no consistancy in work schedule, toxic work environment
Hard Work and Always On Call
Rural Carrier Associate (Contracted) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yukon, OK2019, október 27.
Working for the USPS is not for everyone. It's hard work in sometimes adverse conditions. You must be very energetic at all times and ready to go at a moments notice. It doesn't leave much time for a personal life or time with the family.
Great Pay
Kontra érvek
Does not give much opportunity for family or personal life
Munkahelyi kultúra
Constant paced work environment & responsibility
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbus, NC2019, október 24.
Constant paced work environment & responsibility when it comes to multitasking, route directions, distractions while driving, food breaks, and time management ultimately. Road hazards, traffic, weather, priority mail, small & large packages, and daily sorting are a constant threat to your job security.
Pay, benefits
Kontra érvek
Time limits, weather, road and vehicle dangers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Usps in hayden idaho is not what it seems
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hayden, ID2019, október 23.
When hired on I jumped thur a bunch pf hoops & a long process of getting hired as a temp (rca) position, once your in they say your gonna be on one route them train you on several then change your reg. Sub route again. By the end of a days shift you get back early you go back out to help the slow reg.S & others that cannot do their job properly so it makes it a very long day for you.
Other days you come into work to run a route & some lame longterm reg. Calls in sick just coz they want a day off & the domino effect happens and the office is short handed & its a horrible day again getting worked like a donkey. Fellow co-workers get attitudes if you use their ucarts or hampers & complain to mgmt, the reg. Carriers are so buddy buddy with a specific manager (who is 2 faced) that they extend their smoke break to chat about the newbies & what slackers they are when they are just learning the job. This job is not worth the hastle in this office & some of the old carriers need to get updated on the standard way of doing things the usps way in the 20th centry!
Pro érvek
JUST CHOOSE A NOTHER OFFICE TO WORK OUT OF!
Kontra érvek
LONG AWFUL WORK HOURS, GET LIED TO ABOUT HAVING TO DRIVE YOUR OWN CAR.
4,0
Fast pace environment productive
Rural Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Avon, CT2019, október 23.
Working for the United States Postal is a very demanding, fast paced work environment and at the same time can be very rewarding. If you like working outside with very little supervision and don't mind the fast paced environment is a great job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Work somewhere else
Assistant Rural Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Va2019, október 23.
They overwork you and no benefits until you become a regular which could take years. Your time does not count towards retirement until you become a regular. An arc only works Sundays and holidays. Cannot build any leave. Have to become rca, clerk or cca to have a hope of becoming a regular one day
Is a great job to have
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Winder, GA2019, október 21.
Is a great job to have. Little supervision and is not micro managed. Staff working there are awesome to have as coworkers. Definitely recommend for people to apply or this job. Especially if is something the will enjoy doing.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
rural carrier associate
Rural carrier associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrison, AR2019, október 21.
i enjoyed my time wiht the post off and would much liek to go back to working for them however the wait time from being part time to full time was to great to be able to support a family off of and the work was to random to have a second job
Rural Carrier Assistant
RURAL CARRIER ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vernon, AL2019, október 21.
Daily delivery of United Postal Service mail and packages. Great management. Federal employment. Positive and steady work. Customer and employee satisfaction.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very demanding with great benefits
Career Rural Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mesa, AZ2019, október 21.
Start the day with checking safety of your truck. Case all mail from hot case, ffs,and tubs. Sort out dps to case. mark all packages and put markers in case. Pull down to set up mail for route delivery. Load all packages and mail in truck to make easy delivery for route. Deliver mail and packages the way the route is set up.
You learn a lot of ways to make ur job safe and faster.
Management is not for their employees rather than all about customer service and getting mail and packages delivered. Work place is hostile at points and other times chill. I love my job and what i do. the people i work with make it fun at work.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
extra long works days, 1 day off a week, sick time off, family time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a postal worker is more than you think
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Burton, MI2019, október 21.
I came into the job very excited but very soon i realized that being a carrier you are very over worked and under paid just like the rest of these jobs. It’s not just about mail delivery and dealing with the public and their attitudes about things that’s above your pay grade. You really have to choose an office that cares about you as a person and not just the mail getting out. Sunday delivery is a mess at the flint main office. You really don’t matter or get good benefits until you become a regular.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible place to work set you up to fail as a part time worker
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westport, MA2019, október 20.
Management does nothing there was violence in the work place gossip, antiquated equipment postal vehicles are old and unsafe. Work on routes with no training, all around not a good place to work.
Easy job and great pay
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oakland, TN2019, október 20.
The job is fairly easy and great pay! Easy to succeed here! Awesome job security! There are great people within the post office that will help you elevate
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrendous unethical treatment from management. Hostile work environment always.
Rural Letter Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2019, október 19.
After 4 years of working as a Sub Rural Carrier Assistant with the hope of soon becoming a Regular full time career employee and no longer having to sit by my phone from 7-9am as On Call ready to come in 5 days a week They only guaranteed you ONE day of work a week ( usually Saturdays) so the regular route Carrier for your assigned route has a relief day off other than Sundays of course. No way to really make plans for your home life Lots of ridiculous paperwork and red tape and hoops to jump through to ask for any time off and that’s without pay!!! Four years and haven’t earned a single day of paid time off for sickness or vacation time!!!!
The office has a very strong resemblance of what it feels like to be an animal or inmate with the Supervisors and Management are Wardens and Guards. Playing mind games and bullying for their own entertainment and pleasure .
Filing grievances to get help calls the Union rep in and it gets you nowhere ( goes endlessly for months in circles with paperwork and red tape ) Unresolved and now you are personal vendetta against them.
You will hear in meetings that the office has been growing so more new routes are coming up and other things to make you think about just hanging in there a little longer than you’ll finally get a route and full time career status with all the federal employees benefits . But after a while, all the promising things that they were saying, have been recanted. Poof gone!
If you play their games and do whatever they ask ( basically living in the post office working days on end and not being paid on random
  több... paychecks for those extra hours, because they needed to cover their own butts for having too much overtime on payroll with the regional district office.
It’s a shame.
Not all post office locations are like this one is but from talking with others from across the US, the garbage that goes on like this, is the majority. Folks working as Subs for 10+ years before finally getting a route and fulltime career status is ridiculous to me. I don’t Owe the Post Office! They Owe ME!
Sorry for my rant. I just feel that people go into this job thinking of honor and integrity in the USPS as a entity but aren’t aware of what’s it really like behind the scenes with all the unnecessary stress and the toll that it takes on your mind body and God forbid you have a family life

Best of luck. I hope that you find one of the Better managed Offices!
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Few weeks of paid classroom training, at local distribution plant
Kontra érvek
High stress, exposure to the elements, management expectations unrealistic and highly dangerous Life put at risk for speedy delivery, really all of this job is Cons
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
I enjoy my job at USPS
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  South Hill, VA2019, október 18.
Working in the postal field can be challenging at times but rewarding overall. I enjoy learning new things within the post office and learning new routes to assist with carrying.
Good compensation and benefits
Kontra érvek
I can not think of any cons of this position
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun working environment only if you work fast
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Aptos, CA2019, október 17.
Not going to lie, I did like working as a rural carrier associate (RCA). For me, delivering the mail/parcels was fun. The people there are great, honest, hard-working people. However, I had a difficult time casing the mail and organizing the parcels every single morning before going on my route. For (1), they do not allow their RCA's to use their scanners to get their parcels (100 or more a day) organized, unlike the CCA's who do get to use them (and they get paid more to use the scanners). It would take me a couple of hours to get the parcels organized so I could at least get them all delivered. (2) It would take me more than 6 hours to get the mail AND the parcels delivered to all the addresses (see #4). (3) RCA's do not get benefits after a year, they do not get an union like the city carriers, and it is really hard work.... My back started to hurt after my shift was over. (4) After a certain amount of days (they say 90 days but management says 5 weeks??), they will only pay you for 8 hours of work... So, if you work more than 8 hours a day as a RCA, then you will only get paid those 8 hours. I was outraged bc I was working long hours and it was taking me awhile to get a hang of getting the route done on time, so it was very discouraging knowing that I will not be getting paid hourly. The only benefit to this "evaluated hours" is that if you finished before 8 hours, then you could get off of work early and get paid for 8 hours.
Pro érvek
Delivering the mail is fun
Kontra érvek
evaluated hours, independent organization of parcels, no benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van