United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 228 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 228 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 310 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
What USPS fails to tell you is you are only guaranteed 1 day/week and they expect you to make them the priority. Therefore, if you get another job to make up the difference, and USPS calls you in, you HAVE to, otherwise you risk losing your job. The only time of the year that you will get a full work week, is during the entire month of December, then it's back to 1 day/week.
Also, management tries their absolute best NOT to pay you your EMA (mileage) and OT hours. You have to wait a good 8-9 months, after a grievance has been filed, to finally receive that. Once you do, you received it in increments. With this being said, it'll take you 2 months or more to finally receive what was owed to you.

Another flaw with USPS is they are on a seniority base promotion. Regardless of if there are carriers that fail to make their evaluated time, they will still receive that full time position before you, just because they were there before you. USPS is not an employer where they reward those that work hard. It doesn't matter if your the slowest, unorganized employee, as long as you are on top of the totem pole, you're golden. So, if you're looking to make a career out of USPS, be expecting to work 1 day/week for the next 10+years before it's finally your turn to be promoted as a "career" employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You can work at your own paste and get to meet a lot of new people that will make you love your job just to see someone smile. Working for the post office is all about you and what you make out of it
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is petty and incompetent. Sexist environment, highly discriminatory. Have to maintain your own vehicle, roads are rough and routes are long, so lots of repairs. Customers can be aggressive and violent. I was bombed and my supervisor didn't even care....I should have sued, but oh well!
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very easy work. Out going co workers, All they care is that you deliver your mail and packages. Once done you can help with others routes if needed. Love the job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’ll take an individual quite a long time to move up the ladder. Someone either has to die or move before that can happen. Meanwhile, the infrastructure of the postal service is breaking down. You’re working to pay someone else’s retirement. Good Luck with that.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Under paid, over worked, prehistoric processes, redundancy at every sorting process, employees are expected to financially contribute to their work environment. 8-10 hours without breaks as carrier
Kontra érvek
Rural carriers expected to meet low hours with extreme high demands. No breaks, including restroom (truth!)
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is poor and harassing/hostile work environment. USPS likes to hide pay issues and has many of them like an entire Academy missing 32 hours of pay for 2 plus months with no resolution in sight. Modern day sweatshop hidden by loopholes. Pay system is hard to decipher paycheck to verify earnings (Another way to hide true pay)
Munkahelyi kultúra
I just didn't like it that much. moved on moved on moved on moved on, Maybe someone else will love it if the opportunity comes along. Won't go seek employment over there ever again.
Never.
I wouldn't recommend working at any Postal service. It is awful. Very depressing and always need you to work pretty much all day. Horrible to work with if you have young children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
On call all the time and you never know how many hours you will work in a week. Pay is good but the hours are long especially if you don’t know the route. Manager was difficult to deal with bordered in harassment. She was constantly calling me in the office over stupid reasons.
Good pay
Kontra érvek
Long hours and terrible management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy my work. However, this position is non-career and advancing to a career position may take years, if ever. The driving routes for rural carriers are given time constraints to complete. The evaluated time is less than the actual time it takes to complete. As a result, several hours in each pay period are unpaid. Further, the USPS is projecting a nearly 20% reduction in force over the next several years. Career and financial stability are no longer adequate for me to continue.
Pro érvek
Flexible start time, independent work environment
Kontra érvek
Six-day work week, inadequate pay, no recognition
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall satisfied. Sulphur Springs was my favorite location to work at. The staff there is amazing and cares about you as a person. I am looking forward to working in Sulphur Springs more.
Christmas Hours and Pay
Kontra érvek
Must want to or be willing to work or your not successful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved the job. Coworkers set all newbies up for failure. Postmaster created drama and set unrealistic expectations for us. Postmaster harrasses new carriers. Benefits and union protections dont apply till you're FT or until 1y after hire date. 1 min late = tardy. Trainer was awful. Set you up to fail from the start.
Pay, worked hard
Kontra érvek
No benefits, provide own vehicle for mail delivery, horrible work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
You make a lot of money and can get a lot of opportunities for work. The more routes you learn the better. This can be a great job for people who like to be busy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Will scam you out of pay/hours. Now both my ex managers refuse to respond to me so I can get my money they owe me. So unprofessional and frustrating. And now my W2 form.is inaccurate and I don't know who to contact to correct the issue
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's hard work but you are paid fairly for it. It has good benefits and good hours. You don't start out with all the benefits but once you get to that point its great.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my time at the Post Office and would return if the opportunity arouse. It was a very physically demanding and could be very stressful around the Holidays.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I came into the postal service as a newby - meaning I had never worked there before. There was an incredible amount of prep for me even working there ie:, Exam, Classes, Driving Tests, more Testing, etc. When I finally got to work at my station, all my expectations (both imagined & taught) got thrown to the wolves. SPEED is the driving force behind the Postal Service. Wether it be casing mail, delivering, whatever...if you can’t haul a££ at break-net speed right out of the starting gate (which is very difficult for someone just learning the ropes) your screwed. I was thrown into the deep end right off the bat because that’s where they needed someone regardless that I was new. There I was expected to perform faster than I could (or anyone could being new), which subjected me to being threatened of being fired, ridiculed in front of everyone - the works. I have worked a lot of jobs in my life, but never have I tried so hard to succeed & yet been belittled on such a huge scale. Unless this seems like fun to you...look to get a job at UPS or somewhere else...Leave the post office job for someone who is paying for bad karma!
Munkahelyi kultúra
A relief carrier does not get a consistent paycheck. The amount of hours you work each week are not consistent. City relief carriers do get more hours in comparison to rural relief.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very demanding and busy work. Definitely a young persons job. I entered the field too late in life, and health issues forced me to resign. Awesome job though!