United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 222 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 222 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 280 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job was enjoyable but overwhelming at times with the holidays & amazon prime volume. Pay was great. not a good work/life balance though and the morale at the office i worked at was at an all time low. I'm sure there are plenty of other offices that are amazing to work in though.
Stressful, YES.
Fun, rewards, sometimes exciting - most certainly.

Getting paid to drive around, play ding-dong-ditch and enjoy the views of Alpine - GREAT

Also, if you want a job that you get paid to sweat, this is your jam.

(Sunday & Holiday Package Delivery)
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The postal service treats you like a slave and the management is less than encouraging. The hours are terrible as most scheduled days you are forced to come in to work.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A postal employees job can be very challenging. You must be able to work in all weather conditions. You will need to work hard every day on time management for productivity.Be able to drive light weight RWD vehicles that are very challenging in wet and icy conditions. You will also need to be able to lift up to 70 lbs. You will also have to memorize routes and locations of driveways and boxes.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst work experience I’ve ever had They say to call if you need help, but they never answer the phone because all the supervisors would stand in the parking lot and smoke cigarettes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Training at the Academy differs dramatically from onsite on the job training(the mail carriers are your support system) because management doesn't care about you, just about getting the job done with the least amount of support (from broken/unusable equipment/vehicles to possible loss of pay) could become disruptive, disrespectful and very unprofessional.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been at the post office for a year. I work as an RCA, and it's hard work. Either you catch on, or you don't. There is no in between. Sink or swim, is their motto! All I can say is good luck to the newbies.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am a substitute delivery person. My post master is very accommodating and encouraging. He works with me to improve my performance and knowledge. Communication is key and he is always available when I have a question. His expectations are clear and he is quick to praise when I show extra effort to succeed. Work place is pleasant and co-workers are supportive of each other. I am responsible for my own vehicle and those expenses are sometimes high compared to my pay scale. But that was the expectation when I accepted the job. I am thankful to have this job in a rural community where there are very few options.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is a honorable job who’s purpose is to serve the community. The benefits are excellent for full time workers. However the assistants ( or part timers) do not qualify for disability, unemployment or sick leave.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There are alot of hours involved in the Assistant positions, but when a route opens up, the hours are good. Setting up a route is like putting together a puzzle. Con: It takes 3-4yrs to get a route.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as a RCA for almost 2 years. The job is not hard once you get a hang of it. You start out not making great hours depending on your office but once your learn different routes your hours get better. I’m currently making 30 + Hours a week. My first few months where the toughest because you don’t know the route the casing is hard. But if your management is good they will send your help from other RCA to help you case. What helped me was starting with the dps that way you get a feel for the route and streets.
Pro érvek
Pay, Work life balance, Finish your route early still get paid for route hours
Kontra érvek
No benefits until you become a regular.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Wish there were more working hours. Specially if the employee has a large family. It be worth the wait unfortunately bills accumulate very quick in the process.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too bad we have to work for years in order to get on a regular route and insurance. The LLV fleet is in dire need of an upgrade. These LLVs are a huge safety hazard!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I leaned how to drive a right hand drive vehicle. I leaned how to sort mail. I learned how to do a mail route. I learned how to protect myself from vicious domesticated dogs and anti-dog safety equipment. I learned vigilance for both sorting the mail and driving to keep me more aware of my surroundings.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the postoffice as a rural carrier was a very fun and fulfilling job for the times it was. However working for peanuts and 14-18 hours a day for said peanuts is inhuman.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You work your butt off between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Worked 8 days stratigt a week and had Thanksgiving and Christmas off. Lucky to have one day off . . . Had to get in early load a truck load of packages to deliver before the regular routes went out (sometimes 2-3 loads), then had to run packages out of your own car frrom about 11:00 am on. Once Christmas hit, you were only guaranteed 1 day a week. Drops from one extreme to the other. They use you, your car and put you in dangerous situations with vehicles that break down, and then could care less about you after the holidays. The bad part is, you can't even take a part time job. You are expeceted to run your 1 day a week route but be available if someone calls in sick or goes on vacation. Therefore,you can't even schedule yourself with another job to supplement the loss of work. I guess it would be a good job for someone that doesn't need the money, and doesn't mind working holidays and weekends only...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the USPS was one of the hardest things I have ever done but I LOVED it! Would go back in a heartbeat if they could give me some type of predictable schedule. I still miss the people I work with and will have them as lifelong friends. My manager helped me be successful as did my team members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved this job. I would do it again in a heartbeat if they offered me a position. Great place to work. Loved the organization and independence of working there.
Pro érvek
Fun, always busy, Independently worked
Kontra érvek
No air conditioning in mail truck.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You are able to get insurance. Its a nice office to work. Friendly co workers . The only thing i would say that sucks is getting on full time. It seems to be a very slow process of getting on full time .
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great job and you get paid for everything you do. They always make sure you're comfortable in your work environment. The 90 day process is too long because it's 90 actual working days.