United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 225 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 225 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 292 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I feel a real sense of accomplishment when I am charged with getting letters and packages to their correct destination in as good a shape as I am able. I know how I feel when I order something and it either is late or damaged... I do not wish that on anyone and when I deliver, I know I've done good...not just for me, but for the Postal Service and branch in which I work.
Pro érvek
The potential for great benefits
Kontra érvek
Routes are timed, which doesn't bode well for those routes you are unfamiliar with, The time it takes to get hired Full-time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Absolutely no work life balance!! The only great thing about this job are your coworkers. Poor management - poor overall structure - be prepared for daily chaos - the schedule will change daily. Wishing it were more structured so that each day would be carried out in a smooth and timely manner. Very fast paced if you're new - but OT OT!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pace at which the environment is and has seemed to be a pretty steady pace. Getting into a groove and having the ability to adjust and overcome various instances at any given time.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The rate of pay for this job was exceptional. The job of delivering Amazon packages on weekends and holidays wasn't difficult. There was a problem with getting my pay for working because it was a new job given to the USPS, hence my reason for leaving.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Training process was exceptional. Had to resign because had to use own vehicle, ruined two vehicles and less hours available after training period to accomodate living needs and expenses.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I make very good wages, when I’m working It’s usually feast or famine I wish they were flexible with taking time off Sometimes communication should be better with management and coworkers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't be fooled by the pay. Looks tempting from the start until you get in the belly of the beast. Postmasters cannot be trusted....CAN NOT BE TRUSTED! Everything will be your fault! Get bit by a dog... YOUR FAULT! They will throw you under the bus to customers, cheat you out of pay, cheat you out of hours, play favorites, and verbally abuse you. Anything to cover their lying butts they will do it. You will be crushed physically and mentally just by the volume of Amazon you are expected to deliver. You won't get any help. If the mail truck arrives late you will still be expected to have everything delivered before dispatch and if you don't, guess what....it's your fault. This job destroys your body and will make you hate, literally hate the holidays. Think the union will help you...wrong! and you wind up just placing a target on your back. They still haven't paid out the back pay from ratifying the 2018-2021 contract. Monies due to workers over a year ago!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Postal service has some of the worst management I have ever worked for. No respect for the employees from supervision, equipment is outdated and the moral is very low
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot to learn and expectations are not obtainable. Only guaranteed 1 day per week, but expected to always be available. Always being rushed. Made to use personal vehicles and the road conditions are horrible but they expect speed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love working my route on Saturdays. I work a Monday-Friday fulltime job and i can work my Saturdays at the United States Post Office for very decent extra money.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It take years before you get hire on full time. You work in the rain and the snow. They work you hard and at the end of year the C E O doesn't say Thank You
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you’re interested in becoming a rural carrier, you will be hired as a substitute to fill in at various post office is for regular employees. USPS does not hire new employees full-time. As a new rural carrier, you will not be in the same post office all the time.It is very difficult to get a full schedule… Usually just one or two days a week. Good for retired people who don’t have to pay rent.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay is good. Most co-workers really good to work with. Usually willing to work with employees for time off. Same as everywhere, you have some "who knows who" treatment. All positions start out part-time. If you are able to make it until you get full-time it is worth it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's fine its just absolutely not challenging in any way. You deliver mail. That's it. Show up, case it, take it out. Over and over for the rest of your life. There is no advancement. There are no benefits. You dont start getting paid decently until about 5+ years in.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s hard work, fast paced, and you need to memorize addresses. you also need to have a decent understanding of the area you work. RCA’s for Taylor, MI work romulus, huron river, brownstown areas. You won’t advance at all unless someone retires. No regular carrier is even close. If you want 40hours you will have to work at multiple stations. Yipsi and monroe are a few. You don’t have health care.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They give you one day of training and expect you to be professional the next day. The pay was average, but not enough for the work they were giving individuals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While I found the job challenging and flexible enough that I enjoyed my work (and got paid well to do it), there is an extremely toxic superiority issue within certain offices. Seniority is used as a reason to treat new hires as though they aren't deserving of basic human rights and respect. I was expected to work longer hours than all other RCAs, sometimes without being paid for it. I was verbally abused daily and when I failed to do the job of three people I was made to feel useless. Not every office is the same, and not every one will treat you this way. Most post offices are a very welcome place where everyone works together to achieve a common goal. However, some are not.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a really good place to work even with the constant change in management. Everyone works well together and support each other on tough work days.
Pro érvek
Pay, Independent lunch, good work enviroment
Kontra érvek
Scheadule, Constant change in management
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Complete toxicity within the atmosphere. Training consists of mostly learning the procedures and flow on your own after a short period of time. Training is completely based off of first impressions. The more you conform into the trainers personality, the more "training" you will receive from them. Training should be training, despite the fact if the trainer is naturally negative or dismissive due to their own failures from when they were new to the company. Toxicity/gossip work environment will spread like wild fire so becoming determined, motivated and independent will be your greatest asset during the long term. Soon enough, you will realize the job really isn't that hard from what they make it sound during the first couple of weeks and you will be walking circles around the old timers with the phantom medical excuses in no time!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing job and longterm experiences. Fast pace and convenient enough to work around. Working for the Post Office is the best employer I've ever had.