United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

2 890 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 24 055 értékelés megtekintése
Great job!!
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Goldthwaite, TX2019, szeptember 28.
I really like my job as an RCA. If you can make it past the 1st 2-3 months of learning the route & procedures it's great. The only negative is the variable hours - only guaranteed one day/week, but can often pick up more days at other offices. The wait to go full time is however long it is until a regular carrier leaves. However if you can avoid starving until that time, it is worth it.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved it once, its goes further downhill every year
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  PA2019, szeptember 28.
Anyone starting Carrier employment with the USPS must start in a part-time carrier position. You’re required to work days that your regular carrier is off and any days they call off. You are basically on call with one guaranteed day of work per week. You will work a route with an evaluation, the evaluation is the time the Postal Service says it should take you to complete the route, this is typically very off from the actual time it takes. During the holidays you may be paid for eight hours but work 12 or 14 delivering packages. You are also required to deliver Amazon packages, even for other offices on Sundays and holidays. As a part-time employee you can be fired at any time for any reason so I highly recommend you join your union. You will only get a pay raise when theStarting wage goes up, so in 5 years ypu will make the same wage as a new hite. There are no benefits with this position and attaining a full-time position is almost impossible. This is a very high stress, physically demanding position and without benefits and decent pay and very little room for advancement it is not worth it
Pro érvek
None I can think of for part time employees
Kontra érvek
Unfavorable hours, unfavorable working conditions, poor management, you can lose your job at anytime for any reason, nearly impossible to get a full-time position, pay, management is terrible. Not worth the stress!
Its a work of lies!!
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Surprise, AZ2019, szeptember 28.
Everyone will always tell you "wow, you work for the postal service! That's a good job!" It's not a good job. As an RCA, your benefits are limited. You can sign up for health insurance. RCA is basically a permanent part time position, unless you're lucky. In order to move up to a full time positon, another carrier needs to quit or be fired, retire, or die. You could be working as an RCA for years, just to not receive any real benefits other than insurance. I usually was working 2 hr per day, which is ridiculous Being an RCA is a joke and a waste of time, which is why USPS is having a high turn over rate for this position.
zero
Kontra érvek
RCA is a joke and a waste of time!
Best job ever!!!
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brush Prairie, WA2019, szeptember 27.
It was my favorite of all the the jobs ive ever worked!! Very mentally and physically challenging daily!! Long hours but well worth the pay!! Loved driving the LLV!
Pro érvek
Driving and delivering is fun, outside, fast paced
Kontra érvek
No breaks, competition for routes, supervisors change frequently
they need better management
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chatsworth, GA2019, szeptember 27.
did not follow proper procedures had meetings without union representatives. was not on the clock when they forced me into a corner to resign or be fired.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rural Route Mail Carrier Assistant ?
Rural Mail Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Crawfordsville, IN2019, szeptember 26.
Rural route mail carrier assistant would be a great job as long as you know the area very well. Staying on the same route would be the best so you can get used to the location. However, the teaching techniques of the supervisors in charge were to move the assistant around to different routes every day. If you do not know the area you will not do well at the job. You must use your own and if you buy a right hand drive, it is expensive . It is difficult and why expensive if you buy around. The benefits that you paid for are only medical preventive and dental preventative . vehicle is difficult
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
2,0
Not What It Seems
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ormond Beach, FL2019, szeptember 26.
Everyone will always tell you "wow, you work for the postal service! That's a good job!" It's not a good job. As an RCA, your benefits are limited. You can sign up for health insurance, which is great. But you get no PTO, no sick leave, and aren't earning any times toward a retirement. RCA is basically a permanent part time position, unless you're lucky. In order to move up to a full time positon, another carrier needs to quit or be fired, retire, or die. You could be working as an RCA for years, just to not receive any real benefits other than insurance. If you're going to do this job, I recommend having a second job. Which is sometimes difficult because you never know when you might get called into work for the post office, so you should probably get an evening second job if possible. I usually only work 2 days per week, which is ridiculous.
I'm currently still working as an RCA, but have been submitting applications for a full time job so I can leave this bogus position! Being an RCA is a joke and a waste of time, which is why USPS is having a high turn over rate for this position.
high hourly wage
literally everything else
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Employment at USPS enjoyable job but little to no advancement opportunity.
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wynnewood, OK2019, szeptember 26.
The biggest issue with the postal service is they are on an archaic pay schedule, that's very similar to piece work. The head office management pushes the Carriers to the point of breaking the law, law enforcement overlooks the risks associated with trying to get the route delivered in shorter and shorter times. Safety is supposedly a big factor, but in truth it's all about the time and pieces delivered. I loved my local office and the people I worked with were friendly, caring people; but unless you're very young, and willing to wait till a carrier or clerk retires, forget getting your own route and a decent schedule with solid pay.
Pro érvek
Friendly office depending on your city
Kontra érvek
limited hours, pay and ability to get full-time status, which is when you get the benefits.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
best job
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huntsville, AL2019, szeptember 26.
this was my favorite job, i am currently trying to get another job with USPS. Pay was great, job was tough but got easier as i did it more, team members were helpful, and fun to be around.
50/50 job recommendation
Assistant Rural Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Allentown, PA2019, szeptember 26.
I work as an Assistant Rural Carrier. The job requires you to deliver Amazon packages in a timely manner on a specific route zip code. Some days the hand held scanner works fine and communicates to you where your next stop is and some days it doesn't forcing you to read off of a turn by turn paper informing you where to go. Management is poor seems like the same old hardworking people under appreciated or improper use of individuals skill levels. Once on the road the job requires you to stop at each stop and deliver correct parcels safely.
Pay, easy labor
Management, low hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Fast pace
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  English2019, szeptember 26.
Time limits on mail delivery and keeping your vehicle in good running on condition.

Sitting in your vehicle delivering mail, puts a hurt to the lower back.
All a Illusion
Rural Carrier Regular (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cincinnati, OH2019, szeptember 25.
At first you want to think this is a great place for a career. Then reality sets in when managers do crazy things for bonuses. One example of this is not hiring enough employees because the expense of training newly hired employees counts against the budget which hurts their chances of getting a bonus.
Pay
Clueless management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 1Jelentés
I have nothing to say
Rural Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bowie, MD2019, szeptember 25.
I have nothing to say. I no longer have a response. If you work there. Then that is your choice so I understand that you need a job so do what you feel
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 5Jelentés
Its not bad
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Browns Summit, NC2019, szeptember 25.
The RCA position is hard to get on full time, because you have to wait for someone to retire or die to move up. New hires are called subs, and subs with the least senority will most likely get the worst route. It could be almost 10hrs before you are a Regular carrier. Also if you work in a rural area you will probably have to use your own car. It is best to have another job if you are sub. My Boss got transferred a lot, so every couple of months we would get a sub postmaster. Some were great, and others the union would have to get involved. If you
Pro érvek
working outside on nice days, building costumer relationships
Kontra érvek
I takes to long to get full time employee status
Munkahelyi kultúra
Difficult physical and mental work - not for just anybody!
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Arkansas2019, szeptember 25.
Time pressure is the main thing in your day. Its takes the stamina and the mental fitness to know what you're doing and get things done before your daily clock runs out.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Awesome job
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  China Spring, TX2019, szeptember 25.
As a RCA, you get thrown into the mix pretty quickly and have to learn on the fly. Training is very helpful but, it really takes hands on reputation to get a mail route down.
Fast-pace workplace
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Norwalk, CT2019, szeptember 24.
Had to work fast, accurately, pay attention to details and have a good memory. Stressful at Times and you had to finish your daily work in a timely manner.
work independently
Kontra érvek
Very little chance to advance
Tangible information
Rural Mail Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Little Rock, AR2019, szeptember 24.
Everyone experience at the post office different. Challenges and obstacles are going to come frequently than expected. The most logical way of doing things are barely done.
Safety is NO concern!
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Troy, OH2019, szeptember 24.
Sent out to deliver mail in a snow storm with bald tires and no weight. Sent out with bad brakes and they went out on my route all of which were reported the previous day. Gas line started leaking on my route and they left me sit outside during the time when we had sub zero (-36° ) wind chills for over 1-1/2 hours with no heat due to not being able to run the vehicle due to the gas leak. Then they had the nerve to ask me to drive it back to the post office leaking gas. That was the last straw. They also preach not to sort mail while your driving but they do not give you enough time to do your route if you don't. I was trained to sirt while driving and was told if I didn't then I would never finish in time.
Pro érvek
Descent pay, co- workers were great.
Safety issues, management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
It's a great paying job
RCA Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Alabama2019, szeptember 24.
Loved the people I worked for. They really went out of their way to help me. I really wish I could have stayed there. The job of an RCA is very stressful but the pay was worth it.
Paid well
Kontra érvek
Very fast passed and stressful
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van