United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 152 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 152 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 818 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long wait to become a regular mail carrier and get full benefits. Job isn’t bad while delivering mail if weather is nice and you have air conditioner or heater in your vehicle
Freedom while delivering
Long wait for advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would give the post office no stars if I could. As an RCA you get treated like garbage. The stress and workload is intense. Working almost everyday and not having any guaranteed days off did not work for me. I worked at the post office for almost 2 years and it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. The environment is terrible and the secondhand smoke inhalation is rough. If you enjoy jobs with no benefits, terrible treatment and mandatory overtime then this is the place for you! :)
Good pay
Kontra érvek
No benefits, no pto, no air in car, hostile environment
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
First let me say I really enjoyed my job with USPS. And at 50-51 I was able to perform the job with no issues. My real reason for leaving was the realization that I was too old to work for years without it counting toward 'regular' employee benefits like sick time, vacation, retirement, etc. Then after making regular, it is a twelve year step to get to top rate, so maybe by the time I was 70. In my personal experience I would say if you are under 40-45, USPS is an good job, with some really good people. Covid19 made things crazy, and really showed off the compensation to task disparity.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for the Post Office they have great pay and excellent benefits once you become full time. I would recommend a Postal job to everyone. Either inside post office or a carrier its all good.
Benefits and pay
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is no set schedule. Even your "off" days you are expected to come in at the drop of a hat if a route needs to be covered which allows for zero work/life balance for an RCA.
Pay is decent
No consideration for individual lives outside the Post Office
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent benefits, poor in ability for rural carriers to transfer or relocate. Pay scale is unmatched in my area. The ability to work outdoors is ideal in my opinion.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poor training,always pushing to work harder above capibilties . Routes are difficult. Mail trucks are in very poor condition. Work environment is to cramped difficult to sort your mail for your route
Poor working conditions
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hours can be long, Management is a full of it. They expect you to devote your whole entire existence to the Postal Service. It’s a good job but it’s not for everybody.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Early morning to end shift when you finishing with your task. 5-6 days rows work as everyday. Hard part of the job is sorts mails and packages then to delivery heavy packages.
Pro érvek
good work team with other rca
Kontra érvek
No lunch break, and communicate access
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Post office is a joke, you almost never get a day off and when you do they try to call you in because they tell you you're on call, which you're not paid to be on call. Management is a joke, you are told from day one do NOT cross crafts(jobs) but all management does is ignore the contract and do whatever they want!
Pro érvek
great pay, outside environment, different scenery
Kontra érvek
management, union, no time for a life
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked there for three years. My coworkers were wonderful. Although it took a while to master the job, it was much easier when I got into the routine.

Only downside was the weather!
People
Weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
I didn't want to quit but with management at the time left me no choice. Hard working individuals. I love everyone at my office. Just like I said though, management needs to get things in order. Last week I quit I was put on a different route everyday of that week and it was ballot season so I was having to hit up every house literally on those routes. NOT COOL! Fix management and things would go a lot smoother!
Co-workers, benefits, job security
Kontra érvek
Managment, long hours, no work-life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will be overworked at this job and will probably not have much time for anything else to do in your life until you become a regular mail carrier. Becoming regular can take years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its aweful going in to work as a new employee how you are treated. Work from 8am to 1130pm n you are constantly being frowned upon. No sense of help if you need it
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a great place to work. Could look at this job for a long future. Not dependable hours starting out could be part time for years. Post masters can be trash or really good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hired as RCA, considered Part Time with zero benefits. Hours can be as low as zero per week to 40+ You are basically a substitute for a full timer You May have to tolerate this for years before a Full Time position opens If you are 50+ years old there’s a strong chance you will never see a FT position open before it’s time for you to retire
Munkahelyi kultúra
I looked forward to working at the post office in Grantsville. I thought it would be good part time job to supplement my income. I feel like it would have been if..........The management would have been a little more pro active in my OTJ (on the job) training. The postmaster\ manager has little to no interest in helping her employees succeed. The is A LOT of favoritism in that office. And, if you're not a "favorite" you're left to your own devices. My fellow employees were always helpful and went out their way to help me.
The Post Office as an employer has merit. However, in my opinion the GRANTSVILLE OFFICE needs an over haul. maStartingwpostmaster
Munkahelyi kultúra
Experienced recurring payroll shortages after filing for disability accommodations under the Rehabilitation Act, which I had to file for because they wouldn't hold people accountable for their absentee policies allowing people to just not show up for work which resulted in management giving additional workload to other employees, as well as managers ignoring and violating the accommodations. Filed an EOC complaint that USPS dismissed because I hadn't reported the issues to management in time despite providing them with text conversations between myself and management and date stamped time cards showing the payroll shortages to the investigator; who didn't even interview the managers who willingly and knowingly violated the accommodations they granted me under the Rehabilitation act.. Additionally reported one office that had employees working in raw sewage and delivering mail and packages that were covered in the sewage but USPS swept everything under the rug.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job, Management would not work with my school schedule after I was told they would. If you're looking for a nice job with plenty of hours, the Rural Carrier Associate position is for you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
CONS: I worked for 9 months as a rural carrier. The route I worked had no access to public restrooms. If I needed to use the facilities I had to drive at least 3 miles each way OFF the route. During the hot summer, drinking water meant BATHROOM BREAKS, which meant driving to the bathroom, which meant longer days. It was suggested that I use a tree or cornfield if I needed to GO. As a female that was a hard NO! The route was 60+ miles during an 9 hour shift. If you do not finish the delivery during that time, you are expected to work until you finish with no overtime pay. NO MATTER THE REASON. You use your own vehicle. They don't mind if you drive illegally (from the middle with no seatbelt). You need to carry extra commercial insure (optional out of your pocket expense).

PROS: If you finish early, you still get paid the evaluated route. The pay is decent.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés