United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
3 284 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 704 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have the most awesome Management team, she goes above and beyond for her carriers.. Work can be hectic but that's just the way the postal service is sometimes.. he makes it fair and wants everyone to work as a team.. I highly recommend applying for a job with any postal service near you....
Awesomely supportive Management
Kontra érvek
Sometimes grown women acting like kids..
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started as a Rural Sub and after moving up the seniority list I got a route of my own. It was a great job!! Once mail is sorted to thd route you leave and its you and your people. Great Days!!!
money, hours, location, benefits
its hard work!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
12 hours a day, 14 days straight. If you like to be busy, and you can figure things out on your own, with slight to no encouragement, this is for you. If you approach jobs wanting to know the big picture, move on. This isn't for you.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Bad scheduling, long hours, no confidence building
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too much work for only one person. And then they ask you to do something else after you finish your route. I feel like I am not getting paid enough. They sometimes abuse their workers too.
Makes me lose weight.
No benefits at all
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone starts as part time, some benefits. Lifting is very heavy, no heat/AC in postal vehicles. You cannot change positions easily. There are to many time restrictions on delivering the mail. Subs are always on call everyday of the week.
Medical Benefits
Management is not fair
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you are new they work you like a slave and you get no benefits unless you pay for it yourself. The so called union is useless and if you get hurt even the doctors don't care about your health and how you are feeling, they just write down what the post office want them to.
Pro érvek
You might meet nice people on your route
Kontra érvek
The trucs are not heated noor fanned enough
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work at. Co workers were a pleasure working with. More than enough training for all routes in the post office. It was fun to learn each route.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Even in training, it was clear from the people at other offices that Franklin was a known problem. Management is nearly nonexistent and what is there is incompetent. My supervisor had come up through the custodial route and had never carried mail. Overall a terrible experience that turned me off from USPS altogether.
Decent pay, good benefits
Kontra érvek
Inconsistent hours. No work/life balance, just work. Terrible leadership and no support
Munkahelyi kultúra
DK what to say other than I hope management structuring changes. Not all of my management was poor, just a couple that standout as being fair and honest.
Plenty of hours
Consuming
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed the job itself, you work hard and feel good about your work. It's hot and cold at times, it routine, the job system is some to be desired to say the least.
Excellent pay
Expensive insurance
Munkahelyi kultúra
The system is broken. You must start out in a "part time" position, such as RCA or CCA. You will most likely work full time hours or overtime hours, but they start you in part time so they don't have to give you time off. You will not earn sick leave or vacation leave and they will fight you over every request for time off. Making it to full time or regular status is not dependent on skill level. It is solely dependent on seniority. You could be the best at your job and everyone on the seniority list ahead of you ranging in skill from incompetent to excellent will still make regular before you. The union doesn't care about part timers. You will work almost every holiday and every weekend. In my office, most of us work six or more days per week, and most of those days are 10 hours or longer. There is no work life and family life balance and your supervisors do not care about you or your family. They only care about getting the mail and parcels out.
Good pay
Kontra érvek
No breaks, no weekends off, supervisors do not care about you or your family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is not for the weak. You will work hard and work fast but the freedom of working outside of a building and talking to residents of your area is worth it. It is nice being able to bring smiles to the faces of the community by bringing them their anticipated mail and packages.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Couldn't be happier with my career choice .my coworkers have been super helpful and supportive with me learning my couple routes and always offer advice
Munkahelyi kultúra
The good: RCA is great job for anyone who is independent and has a decent amount of common sense. There are no managers standing over you while you are out on the road, and they generally trust you to make your own good decisions. The pay is about the best starting pay you can get for a job that only requires a high school diploma, and in our state the post office is one of the very very few jobs with union representation. Your customers are usually indifferent or happy to see you, angry customers are not super common like they are in other service jobs. The bad: Management does not communicate with each other and a lot of the time, you. They are extremely inconsistent and do things differently depending on the individual. Many routes require the use of a personal vehicle, and while they do pay maintenance and mileage, it can be hard to find a vehicle that suits the needs of the route. You have to be able to deliver mail from the right side, so you will need a right hand drive vehicle, a left hand drive with a conversion, or be able to sit in the right seat and reach over and drive. When you are an RCA you are basically a sub for a regular carrier. You are only guaranteed to work on the day your regular has off. You can pick up other hours on Sunday delivering amazon packages, and some times through the week if they need extra help. You are basically "on call" though the wk as they can call you in at any time. This can make getting a second job very hard, and you pretty much won't get enough hours to sustain yourself starting out so you'll need one. RCA is a stepping stone - több...
No overbearing management, Pay, Union representation
Kontra érvek
Need a specific vehicle, Can take a long time to go regular, not always enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
My work for the Post office was enjoyable and developed my professional and customer service skills. You are not a full time employee for upwards of 10 years unless you find your own hours within your district. Benefits do not start until then. Co-workers become family and the culture is well developed and very inclusive between employees.
Pro érvek
High hourly pay, job security
Kontra érvek
Contracted mandatory availability affects home stability
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was very skeptical about this job mostly from reading online sources...Long story short this is the best company You want to work for Trust them and you will succeed Trust the process, be professional and reliable and you will become rich No exceptions Stop crying
Everything about this company
None.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long wait to become a regular mail carrier and get full benefits. Job isn’t bad while delivering mail if weather is nice and you have air conditioner or heater in your vehicle
Freedom while delivering
Long wait for advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would give the post office no stars if I could. As an RCA you get treated like garbage. The stress and workload is intense. Working almost everyday and not having any guaranteed days off did not work for me. I worked at the post office for almost 2 years and it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. The environment is terrible and the secondhand smoke inhalation is rough. If you enjoy jobs with no benefits, terrible treatment and mandatory overtime then this is the place for you! :)
Good pay
Kontra érvek
No benefits, no pto, no air in car, hostile environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
First let me say I really enjoyed my job with USPS. And at 50-51 I was able to perform the job with no issues. My real reason for leaving was the realization that I was too old to work for years without it counting toward 'regular' employee benefits like sick time, vacation, retirement, etc. Then after making regular, it is a twelve year step to get to top rate, so maybe by the time I was 70. In my personal experience I would say if you are under 40-45, USPS is an good job, with some really good people. Covid19 made things crazy, and really showed off the compensation to task disparity.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for the Post Office they have great pay and excellent benefits once you become full time. I would recommend a Postal job to everyone. Either inside post office or a carrier its all good.
Benefits and pay