United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Rural Carrier Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Rural Carrier Associate3 250 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
3 250 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 463 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
You came in at 6:30 am and began sorting your mail. Next, loading up your vehicle, and then going your route. I learned that you slow down so that you make fewer mistakes. Management was ok. The hardest part of it was sorting through all the mail including packages. Then going your route I thought was the most enjoyable.
great pay
Kontra érvek
having to work every day during peak season
Munkahelyi kultúra
The postal service could be better at communicating with employees and organization, they can schedule better for better service, good company to work for but the attitudes of most workers and supervisors hinder the environment!
Getting paid
Supervision
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was an RCA at the post office in a small office with 6 rural routes. I am not sure if it was just COVID but they worked me in to the ground. As an RCA you are paid based off the route's evaluated time. So if you are new to a route it will take usually 12+ hours and your're not paid for that. Also, it can take years and years to make regular. That requires a RCA to be on call, without being paid to be on call. Absolutely no work/life balance. Impossible to plan a vacation or even a day off to go to the doctor.
Nice coworkers
Kontra érvek
wear and tear on my personal car to deliver, unsafe due to working conditions
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was very challenging at first because we had to complete our routes by the prescribed time. Over time with repetition the job became more manageable. Management is very helpful and the staff get along well like one big happy family. I wish I could have stayed in that job but my circumstances changed and I was not able to put in the hours that the job required. I would recommend this job to everybody.
Great pay
Kontra érvek
Mail volume can be heavy on Mondays or after holidays.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a rural carrier substitute in 8 different post offices, covering days off, vacations, and sick days for the regular carrier in my home office primarily and the same in other offices as my schedule permitted.
Pro érvek
decent hourly wage, mostly independent, self-directed work
Kontra érvek
required to use my own vehicle, obtain commercial insurance for it, and drive it safely from the passenger seat, while accurately delivering customers' mail.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great group of people I work with challenging at first but gets easier with time . Co workers are great very helpful good team work, great base pay starting out!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job was great for several years. As the job became more based around packages, the more the place became unsafe, and took more of an attitude that management doesn't care about you. The office I worked at had several cases of COVID-19, and it became clear that it was due to people working more than they're paid.
Pro érvek
Customers you get to know
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good place to work, but lack of work unless you are a regular carrier, the only way you get to work more is to contact other post offices and see if they are short handed.
Outside work
To many off days
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was not trained or given adequate time to learn tasks expected to complete. Did not get support from management or staff to learn duties. Over worked from first day . Stressful and hostile environment. Inhuman environment. They have unrealistic expectations from their part timers. Such a disappointment, understand why there is such a big turn over.
To many to list .
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lots of mails and packages to be delivered before 5 pm in any weather condition. No lunch break nor paid days off. No weekend and expected to be on-call at all times.
Pay.
Everything.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
My job was as a rural carrier. Lots of stress while at the facility. Management very demanding with time management. Best part of job was once you were away from management.
Pro érvek
Good pay and benefits for full time employees.
Los of stress.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you don’t mind working every Saturday and Sunday until you get your own route (which could be many years) then maybe this job will be for you. Not the opportunity that many people think it is.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is a good paying job for someone without a college degree but the stress that comes from the management is way too much. Little job security, lots of added pressure, over worked, takes FOREVER to go career in some areas. There is a lot more to the mail than one would expect.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Coworkers are awesome! Manager are crazy! Do not work here, you are wasting your time and will regret it. Everyone in that location wants to quite I do not blame them.
Pay
Kontra érvek
No life and bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Never again. They're going to far to be a subcontractor for Amazon. You dont get a route till you've been there forever. People have to die or retire for you to get a good route. They float you and expect you to know every route. Pay is okay but not worth the headache.
Kontra érvek
No breaks no lunch yet they take it from you working weekends is a nightmare.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Drama club. Horrible benefits as you start out part time. Employees are rude and management sucks. You drive your own vehicle and the pay definitely is not worth it.. you spend hours casing and if you want hours you have to travel to other offices.
Munkahelyi kultúra
most of the management staff had no idea what was even going on in the office and most didn't care enough to ask either. Had a horrible supervisor and no chance of moving up in the position for years and I made less having to do more work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
No benefits for RCA's work every weekend and holiday, no holiday pay for RCA's. There really isn't any major benefits for RCA's no med insurance, nothing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The area is disgusting! Dust everywhere! Most of the people are petty - including management! The hourly rate was great but you can’t get enough hours and there’s no AC in the delivery vehicles. It’s actually a very dangerous job!
Hourly pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Seriously! 12 hour days for 6-7 days!! Their system is antiquated. There has to be a better way to fill positions rather than overworking new hires. There is no time for breaks. I gave up after a few months after always being assigned huge routes that would take all day and into the night hours, then being told I was slow. LOL! Yes, pay check is nice but it comes at a huge cost to you and your family.
Great training program.
Kontra érvek
No work/life balance and no time for breaks or meal times.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supervision is low grade. All levels lack communication and learning is on your own. Don't depend on having a career... You are hired in PT and hours depend on need. And if they call you to work, they come first...not another job. So can't fill hour gaps with another job. Hours also depend on each individual PO because some are way busier than others. Check with other PO's for more hours because they all need help.
Hourly pay is good
Kontra érvek
Lack of family time, communication, steady hours