United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Postal Clerk

Munkakör megnevezése
Postal Clerk1 703 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 703 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 267 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sorting mail for domestic and APO delivery in standing and sedentary positions as a permanent part-time employee at the Mail Facility and Airport dispatch center.
Manditory Overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very demanding physical work daily in certain positions of the post office, I would suggest wearing proper work gear always! Back brace as well as proper foot wear always.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work, like anything in life a good work attitude will help you get thru probation period. The work of a PSE is hard but the pay is good in proportion of the work you do.
Work all the time
Work all the time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stuck in the past of how things used to be instead of adapting to the new technologies and new and more efficient ways of doing things. All supervisors are not bad you have very few good ones.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
highly toxic environment. Accusations, threats, and abuse. work for free. Work alone. Say you have off then last minute day before, put u on the schedule. Sabotage your work. PM Not help you.
Postmaster
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I started working for the post office being a new employee I worked weekends all holidays and overnight. You are compensated for your time but it’s rough if you are a single parent. As time progresses you can get better times and shifts and only work overtime when you want. I am not sure what the new policies are since I retired. My retirement benefits are great to include health care.
Excellent benefits
Poor management
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
"No matter what get the mail out"
Even during a pandemic the focus is not on the employees or will it ever be. The focus is get the mail out, your breaks don't matter as well as how an individual is treated. As long as the mail is out the post office is happy. The job is very simplistic, but very taxing on your body.
Everything but the pay
● Overall
This is great paying job with solid benefits, BUT...you gotta put your time in, pick your battles, and remember that you can be replaced with ease if you're not career.

I eventually made career (I transfered to another job and got career), but do know that it came at a cost. You got a family? Make sure they understand your job can be demanding. You got a kid? There are going to be times you'll miss out because of your work.

There will be people that will push your buttons, but dont break. Things can get tough and there will be times you might feel down, but I made some solid friends that kept me going!
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You won't get trained. This is the kind of job where is sink or swim attitude. They don't teach you anything, but they expect you to know everything. You've gotta befriend coworkers fast so they can help train you. If you don't learn fast they threat to fire you or pressure you into resigning.

You won't know when you have a day off. Expect to work 10 day straight for 10 hours at least.
Pro érvek
The pay is not that bad.
Kontra érvek
They don't even want you take breaks specially as CCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my management. Love the people I work with. Can get trained in different areas. Good Pay. Management is very understanding of personal situations. Night shift is the best!
Good People
Short lunch break
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to be a very determined person to work for the postal service. The work can be very hard and challenging. The pay and the benefits is a great reward.
The pay is excellent
Kontra érvek
The work can be stressful and back breaking
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at a rural office, completely by myself. I was only part time, so I had a perfect work/life balance. I was able to work extra hours sometimes at other offices. Overall, I loved this job.
Pro érvek
Work/life balance, good pay, supportive management
Kontra érvek
Could’ve used a few more hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The United States Postal Service does have a structure to which one moves forward securely. However, the culture is first in, first considered, veterans preferred. Also, time constraints hold you to the position you hate most long before you can advance.
Pro érvek
Safe pay, benefits, and once you're in, you're privy to any job you wish to move forward to that the public never has knowledge of.
Kontra érvek
Vague and fickle employment offerings, never an opening at a location near you, any job you wish to advance to requires no less than 2 years prior experience or a 4 year degree, asking for help or guidance feels very impersonal, no way to work and enjoy your earnings
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job is mostly Fair & Pleasant Good working conditions...a bit stressful with deadlines & timely Deliveries...but overall Good Environment ... Pleasant Respectful Workers & Supervisors
Window Services ....Good interaction with Customers..Overall I've really enjoyed working with these great people, feels like a family...Started when I was 18yrs old...
good health care & benefits available, Window services Pleasant
Delivery Standards sometimes unreasonable
Munkahelyi kultúra
Far too much reports and paperwork required. Takes time away from a postmaster having time to actually supervise and fix problems that need their attention.
Job security
Very little time off.
● Work-life balance
Can’t beat the pay or benefits.

● Overall

You can’t beat the pay or benefits. Work is better dependent upon coworkers and manager. Full pay sick leave and vacation. Temporary positions are hard but almost always lead to career positions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a PSE clerk and the clerks in Distribution are nothing but a bunch of wolves. If you do a better and faster job then them they will hate you and get everyone to agree to get rid of you. The name calling and Swearing was enough for me. if you complain the union wont stick up for you if you are on probation. The hrs are crazy 12:30- 11:00 am 12 hrs a day 6 days a week Working Sundays so you cant go to church. Just mean people to deal with.
Pay rate
Kontra érvek
workers suck and no time for yourself
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a good job if you like to hold heavy parcel scanned parcel all day long it get boring after a while your body is always in pain if you never work and this is your first job I don’t Recommend this job for you .
The money
No time to enjoy family
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay rate is great, but for all the drama that goes into the back isn't worth it love the paycheck but atmosphere is sometimes really tense within the office
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice and good environment for the work. Most of the coworkers are always helping out others. It is the sheer work load that that keeps the new workers on their toes all the time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do not work here, you will hate your entry level position. It’s only good if you are a career employee, which is determined by seniority. You have to wait for someone to either retire or move stations, which can take years to happen. Good luck if you can make it through the entry level years alive!