United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Operations Supervisor

Munkakör megnevezése
Operations Supervisor82 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
82 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 430 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Time for something new. Lack of respect from the employees and management. No light at the end of the tunnel, same thing every day. The union has destroyed the work ethics at the distribution plant.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The United States Postal Service has excellent benefits. It is a very physical job and requires a lot of attentiveness. It is overall a good long term job.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?
Munkahelyi kultúra
Assign work to employees, check from time to time on progress.
Most days were about the same.

Special Projects came at times.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy my job mail processing was really nice when you are truly busy it fascinating. the staff was helpful and great to work with to get the mail out or running a machine you not familiar with
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I terminated my employment so I could relocate to Arizona. If I had tried to transfer it would of taken me several years. The people I worked with where great.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical day at work includes supervision of a unit. It is difficult to plan appropriate actions with the ever changing personal.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While the pay and benefits of working for the US Postal Service are second to none in the semi-private, semi-government sector - their expectations for low to mid-level supervisors and managers to abandon their families for the "needs of the service" were too much. I retired at minimum age to seek a position that will certainly pay far less, but perhaps allow me to be with my family more.
Pay & Benefits
No life outside the US Postal Service
Munkahelyi kultúra
review accident claims for employees to refer to Injury Compensation. Observe carriers along their route for safe practices. As well as observing employees to see if they are performing their jobs safely
independent working
travel
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay, great benefits. Given impossible tasks to accomplish in a very short window of time daily. No appreciation for staff efforts, all in house promotions based upon being in a certain circle of influential management personnel. Hated it!
Good money & benefits
Too many to list
Munkahelyi kultúra
Responsibilities and duties were varied and many times not predictable. Activities included; accident investigations, grievance procedures, FMLA administration, D.O.T. medical compliance, personnel scheduling, route scheduling, customer service, interviewing and hiring.
Pro érvek
Great benefits and work schedule
Kontra érvek
Pay not equal to private sector
Munkahelyi kultúra
the postal service provide me with great experience and training though out my tenure.
Pro érvek
it provided me with great standard of living
unions
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the best places to work. Great employee morale. More training available for employees and managers.
Great benefits
Closing too many sites
Munkahelyi kultúra
I typically worked nights for over 30 years. As a supervisor, I would evaluate work load, assign 30-55 or more clerks for the timely processing of all committed mail products. Working with suck a multi-cultural work force taught me to deal with all employees with dignity, respect, understanding and leadership.
Pro érvek
Stable career with benifits.
Working 9 PM to 6 or 7 AM
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a Supervisor with UPS, expectations are high for you to coach your people to load trailers safely and correctly in order for them to get on the road in time. It's not a very happy and high-spirited environment, but if you do your job and you work hard, you get a nice work out and stay out of trouble.
Pro érvek
Management sometimes supplies snacks/drinks/food on break.
Kontra érvek
Employees who have been there for years are not friendly and have a negative attitude.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR, FAST PACED, ALL WEATHER CONDITION WORK IS A MUST
CLOSE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
NOT MUCH MONEY FOR PERFORMANCE APPRAISALS IN BUDGET
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very process oriented. Focus is on the efficient movement of the mail. Demands daily observation of work flows, human resources, and meeting of time committments. Daily need to address and manage interpersonal dynamics.
Pro érvek
fast paced, decisions made quickly
Kontra érvek
process rather than people oriented
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good place to work however economic pressures are causing change. The regular workforce is being replaced by part time employees without benifits. Cuts in mail volume is a factor that is reshaping (down sizing the organization). Reductions in workforce will continue. The future for the USPS is uncertain.
Pro érvek
job security for those who become part of the regular work force
Kontra érvek
not for an highly educated and motivated individual
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
My every effort to grow operational efficiency, employee morale, service equity, diplomacy, professionalism, workplace synergy, teamwork, and individual dignity entitlement was met with harsh rebuke and sabotage from many of my colleagues and most of my superiors. I was ashamed to see so much recklessness with organizational resources and company image among fellow managers. My own safety was threatened due to my commitment to moral and ethical business practices. My employees and a few managers were my greatest allies. I am ashamed of the sad state of operational affairs that seemed commonplace throughout the operations in which I was placed to serve. I did all I could to fulfill my oath to office. I was definitely made stronger in my faith and my ability to do good in a bad situation.
Pro érvek
very good civil service benefits
Kontra érvek
very unhealthy, hostile, unpredictable work place
Munkahelyi kultúra
supervise 30 plus employees and schedule work accordingly.
love supervising
Munkahelyi kultúra
Meet employees at the timeclock each night
Scheduling of employees.

Inputing clock ring errors.

Keeping track of how the 18 automation machines are operating

Ensure that the 29 zones our department runs is on the trucks and dispatched on time.

We process approximately 2,000,000 pieces each night.
Pro érvek
ensuring carriers gets a good product to deliver.
Kontra érvek
being late on zones when automation machines break down
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supervising up to 50 employees in mail distribution. I learned the art of delegating and problem solving. A challenging part of the job is getting assignments done without the cooperation of the labor union. I most enjoyed accomplishing goals and the feeling of pride that was also passed to the employees involved.
team networking