United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Operations Supervisor

Munkakör megnevezése
Operations Supervisor82 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
82 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 406 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Time for something new. Lack of respect from the employees and management. No light at the end of the tunnel, same thing every day. The union has destroyed the work ethics at the distribution plant.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work place. Flexible scheduling. A great place to learn about mail processing procedures.Enhances your people skills. Room for advancement and the ability to train others
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started as a letter carrier. Retired as a maintenance supervisor after 32 years at age 57. I will always be grateful to the USPS for my excellent career. With no college education, I reached a six figure income with overtime. Now I receive a pension that allows me to enjoy life without working. The TSP (401k) and health benefits are icing on the cake. I worked with hundreds of outstanding employees. There were also hundreds who complained about everything. To these folks I say go find a better opportunity somewhere else. I doubt you’ll find one. That’s why very few leave voluntarily. The job is what you make it.
Pay, benefits
Some incompetent upper management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Our job was to get the mail out quickly and efficiently and my crew did a terrific job of that. When I left we were number 1 in the country but upper management didn't give them any praise for the good job they were doing. I enjoyed the challenges and there were many but we did the best job we could do because our customers were depending on us to get their mail to there friends and family in a reasonable amount of time.
Pro érvek
A felling of satisfaction in a job well done
Kontra érvek
High stress with little praise
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
U S Postal Service provided me with steady work, good retirement, and health benefits. There was an opportunity for advancement which I was promoted after 11 years as a letter carrier
Pro érvek
long career, chance for advancement
Kontra érvek
worked oustide in weather, labor/management struggles
Munkahelyi kultúra
working for the USPS can sometimes be stressful as a supervisor, working long hours balancing staffing when you are short staffed. getting to know employees and their strength and weaknesses will get the job done by placing them at the correct operation.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Dependable group of professional teams, supporting and resolving Information Technology (IT) issues for one of the largest employers in the US. Constant search to improve and expand our services with existing and new resources.
Benefits, growth, security
Kontra érvek
Competing against privet companies without USPS having pricing freedom.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I truthfully enjoyed my employment time at the Postal Service! It is a Family all within itself! There is opportunity for growth and advancement for those whom seek it. They offer online and class room training. And while I was hired from the outside into the Associate Supervisor Program, they prefer to promote from within. There is also opportunity to try different positions on a temporary basis. This is called a 'Detail Position'. The Postal Service is dedicated to the timely deliverance of mail, everyday, Therefore, EXPECT TO WORK HARD!!! And Overtime is called based on the need to meet the company goal of timely processing and distribution of mail, so, EXPECT TO WORK OVERTIME!! You will be compensated WELL for your work and the benefits are Great as well!
Pro érvek
Friendly coworkers, great salary and benefits
Kontra érvek
Mandatory OT makes it hard on personal life; can be high pressure; physcial stress on body
Munkahelyi kultúra
A valuable part of my employment at the postal service was my interaction with others. I was responsible for employee's time, attendance and training in my section. This training enabled me to successfully process first class mail for dispatch to carrier stations in the Bronx and New York City.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My typical day consite of scheduling assignments to 27 employees. Why the employees are doing there daily maintenance, I assist in any information need for them to complete thier duties. The cultue in the workplace is diverse, dealing with different culture, age and gender of people. The hardest part of the job is not having the materials on hand at times to maintain certain equipment. The most enjoyable part for me is knowing that every day that I leave I have taught someone something about the company and there job that they didn't know the day before. A constent learning enviorment, training other for thier upper mobilities.
Great Salary
different attitudes
Munkahelyi kultúra
No comment a job is a job. Job has up and downs like every job. The good news is the check never bounced. Must have good accounts on board. Glad for the opportunity
Munkahelyi kultúra
God blessed me with a awesome job with great benefits . Postal Service allows me to advance in the company great place work with great salaries. The employee are like family
Great pay and benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work includes checking attendance, evaluating the mail volume, putting together a running plan for the day as to when to start and how much volume to clear. We follow through with my game play daily and adjust as necessary with different breakdowns and other issues that may arise.
Munkahelyi kultúra
very busy every day. Must be ready to work. most work is on night
shift so you must change you sleeping schedule and habits. Most

people are good to work with. Can be hectic with daily deadlines to meet.
good pay and benifits
very physically demanding.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyday is the same day except different. Lots of craft employees call out no one to fill their spot. Management expects a miracle everyday. They expect you to work everyone including yourself 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a great place to work. The management team and crews worked well together with no conflicts. It does get very busy during the holiday seasons but that is to be expected. Because the work tempo is constant, it makes the day (or night) go by fast.
Constant workflow
Short breaks
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I started it was dominated by men. Over the years that subsided but still prevalent. It had been a great job for me and my family with the ability to work different hours as needed. The expectations are ridiculous and I would love to see some of the upper management try to accomplish what they expect of the aging workforce. I know there are worse jobs and if I had to do it over again I would but I wouldn’t recommend someone start out there now.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Expectations
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to build a career but possibly the least professional major organization. Decent pay and retirement but not much of a chance in salary advancement because of union contracts.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
harassment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was not very good and did not treat their employees and supervisors the way they should be treated. Management will take all of the credit when things go well even if it was your doing, but will put the blame on others, especially the supervisors when something goes wrong.
Great Benefits
A lot of stress
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed very much working with the people at the Postal Service even tho at times it was a little stressful over all it was an enjoyable working environment
good enviroment