United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mailroom Clerk

860 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 21 775 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mail Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Shrewsbury, MA2019, június 2.
The pay is nice. If you want to be pay your bills, this is a place. I am grateful to work here although i get bore sometimes. The place is good, the people is not sometimes.
Work weekends
Loved this job
Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2019, május 31.
Crabs in a pot. Plant operations is one of the sorriest places as far as the people. Upper management very unprofessional. The money was great though. Reminded constantly you’re just a number and can easily be replaced. Constant threats of your job. Over all management made it overwhelming. The job itself was great.
Great pay
Moving up for me
Lead Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gaithersburg, MD2019, május 28.
Too many employees are working for post office, I want to move up but its hard to do because too many employees fighting for the position, not a good work place for me sometimes, an sometimes put on placement and not knowing why and not getting pay, it may
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
getting put on placement and not knowing why and stay off for some time with out pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fast paced.
Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saginaw, MI2019, május 22.
My supervisor at the time worked with you if you need a certain day off. Things changed a lot and quickly. You got to know everyone you worked with.
Pro érvek
Job security!, good health benefits, paid sick and vacation time.
Kontra érvek
If you were a good worker you got pulled off your job, to do someone else’s because they weren’t doing it., Management did not like confrontation.
Terrible management
Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springfield, MO2019, május 22.
Work was easy and often times went by quick. The management always sucked and we went through four different managers in the short 8 months that I was there. Career employees are lazy and expect the non-career employees to do all of their work when working together. You were always required to work 12 hour shifts except on Saturdays. Union was cool, but policies kind of sucked. This job is not for people with families.
Pro érvek
Pay, Union, able to relocate, able to move up to career employee after two years
Kontra érvek
Hours, not family friendly, no calling in as a non-career employee, management
Poor
Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Houston, TX2019, május 22.
Poor work culture. Favoritism is rampant. Nepotism is common. Union is an extension of management. Supervisors are "yesmen", never considering possible solutions.
Overall good job
Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Syracuse, NY2019, május 18.
Lots of pros and few cons.. I would recommend however. Before you become career status, you must be a PSE first for about 2-3 years before hand. One big downfall. But overall, good money and benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Have to be productive in order to process the mail timely and accurately
Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wichita, KS2019, május 15.
i enjoyed working for USPS. it was hard work, but the compensation was adequate along with the benefit package. More importantly, was that I was part of a team working to provide an essential public service and it felt good to be able to complete the processing of the mail timely and accurately.
Nothing to say
Mail Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Palm Beach, FL2019, május 12.
Don't get hurt because you treated like just another number. Management lies and gets away with it. Shop stewards are more on management side than you
Benefits and pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a good place to work. Too many ghetto workers.
Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2019, május 12.
Management at USPS is very rude to their employees, Some of the workers are bullies and gossip a lot. It is like a High school. When my co worker first started working as a pse clerk a a few years ago when it was time for her to become a regular full time employee somehow her name was taken out of the computer for payroll and the roster. She only received 60 percent of her pay which included 2 money orders at $350 each. She was told by management that they could not put her name back in the system and that it was like she was working for free. This happened for about 4 months. It was so bad she called Congress in Washington and contacted and attorney. They made her take off work 3 different times. Two of those times were after she clocked in.
Short breaks, Overworked, Cannot talk on work floor, hold lunches
Post Office
Mail Processing Clerk, Supervisor Lucia Garcia (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX 782842019, május 10.
I worked at the San Antonio Distribution Center. It only closes 2 days a year. We were suppose to be working a normal 40 hour week, 8 hours per day. There were seldom a day that we got off at 8 hours, our hours would get extended to 10 -12 hours almost daily. If you worked day shift you got off at regular time, but the night shift had to get the trucks out before leaving and if you worked hard, you were always task to work more. If the management ask you to work overtime, as long as they ask within a 2 hour window of you clocking out, you had to work it.

But the worst thing was working inside the building with no fans, no air conditioning. In the summer when temperatures normally were above 100 degrees, the inside temperature would be well above that. you weren't allowed to keep water in your area.

the turn over rate was 25 people every two weeks. That should have sent signals like flares, but it didn't. The entire time I was there, I never knew who my supervisor was. There were men supervisors kissing and hugging in full view of the workers.

The Postal Service is a great place to work, but poor management can destroy a good thing.
Pro érvek
pay is good, location was good
Kontra érvek
no time off, can not plan a family outing, poor working environment both from the building and supervisors
Typical warehouse job
Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bell, CA2019, május 6.
Quick-paced and like some jobs, it can be stressful at times. In order to advance you need to be qualified of course, apply, pass the interview, then wait. Most of the positions within the facility are by most-qualified and seniority. It isn't hard work, it is just a lot of work. I work at a bulk mail center and we process a ton of large and sometimes over-sized packages. I could name quite a few things regarding what is lacking, but all-in-all, decent pay and good benefits for both career and non-career employees.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS has good pay and benefits, but a stressfully environment.
Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, május 1.
The pay and benefits are not sufficient for the stressful environment. Overtime is always mandatory and they draft people on their schedules days off as well as all holidays. The USPS violates OSHA standards by not providing adequate number of employees in Automation which is required to staff 2 employees per machine. Although I have had physical restrictions provided by my doctor's, they refused to give me a partner and then harass me when I would take my breaks. Poor building safety, maintenance, and cleanliness. Injured employees receive disciplinary actions from Supervisors that are not trained on how to file an OWCP claim and often make mistakes that result in rejected claims.
Pro érvek
A decent living wage with average benefits.
Kontra érvek
Having to sacrifice your time with family and friends.
A roller coaster
Mail Processing Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cincinnati, OH2019, április 29.
Working at the post office can be a different experience and challenge for everyone. I have a love/hate relationship with the company. I rather ppl see for themselves and get the feel of it. Overall, there are a lot of advancements within the job and the pay is great, if u can handle all those hours u have to work. It can be stressful at times, and laid back at times as well. Again, it’s a roller coaster and you just gotta experience it for yourself.
Pro érvek
15 minute breaks every 2 hours, great pay, great benefits, meet a lot of different ppl. 30 minute lunch. Lots of hours
Kontra érvek
Hours, management, lazy ppl, work overloads.
stressfull work environment
Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2019, április 26.
working as as a mailprocessor is very stressfull specialy on 3rd shift because every piece of mail hs to be dispatched, there is alot of yelling, as a mail processor you are required to process 10,000 pieces of mail every hour, not allowed to leave the machine one has to be relived to go restroom, regular breaks, if one fails to meet the required quota we get writen up for not working fast enough there is always two supervisors watching you at all times, all and all a very stressfull place to work, and alot of senior employees that are no longer productive takjes advantage of the new employees, by letting them do 97% of the pysical work and alot of politics I would not mind working as a custodian they have the least stressfull job in the USPS.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
stressfull evironment, too much politics personell on drugs to deal with stress
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Great job
MAIL CLERK (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, NC2019, április 23.
Process the mail sort mail, distributted incoming and out going mail into the correct address of postal boxes. Operated various types if equipment, bundled, labled and routed sorted mail to designated areas based on the destination and according to establkished procedures abd deadlines
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Be prepared to work very hard
Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2019, április 19.
You’ll end up doing something more than just sorting and scanning mail in a processor machine. Lets just say I had a swing shift meaning afternoon shift. Don't ever say anytime when it comes to mail processing and mail handling for this interview you’ll regret it by the time they assign you to work a shift. They run 24/7 in 3 shifts. Night Shift is the worst and Swing Shift is the 2nd worse hopefully you're lucky for a Tour 2 morning shift you'll get a good overtime.Be prepared to work lots of overtime don't know why they do that to you is not for everyone. If you live alone, single and have nothing to look forward with your life with everything especially not living with parents or kids this is a job for you. I regret applying for this position but I give it a try I couldn't do it I have a reasonable life to live for. You’ll lose a lot of energy If you tough and you do live in the SF area plan ahead for transportation or driving. If you live further from the East Bay like me don't not work in SF, it'll be impossible for you to go home and sleep. You won’t have time to do much cause the next couple hours after you wake up you go straight to work. Be strong with lifting things especially mail bins. I left (resign<——remember this word in case you need to do a form) because is a hard job and commute sucks. Just be PSE SSDA don't ask why you'll regret if you apply for mail processing clerk position and good luck on getting through 90 day probation I only last 8 days.
Pro érvek
good breaks, vending machines, guaranteed benefits
Kontra érvek
few supervisors with a tough accent, loud environment, clock in Striction, Physical Labor, Safety
Ok Place
Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Laurel, MD2019, április 17.
Ok place to work if you can get turned over to regular. Might take a while depending on where you end up.

Get the most comfortable leather shoes you can find and be prepared to work long hours due to co workers calling out all the time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Statesville, NC2019, április 13.
A typical day started at 4 am to 12 noon, Very high pace environment which require all mail and package are prepared for the Postal Man to delivery on their route. What I learned was anything can come through the mail, such as live chicken.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Supervisor/leadership needs major improvement
Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Passaic, NJ2019, április 12.
Working in an office with children isn’t ideal, you work all day 5am-6/7 sometimes 8pm. 6days out the week, 7 during peak season. They can care less about your family. Over worked and tired. If you’re not a regular you get no health benefits, and injuries are prone when you’re lifting heavy items and you’re understaffed.
The pay
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van