United States Postal Service
3,4 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Handler

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
2 900 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 27 458 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Able to get great benefits. The schedule and hours are flexible.I was able to switch over when I needed benefits for health care. They provide good options.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management at this place is the worst I have ever seen. They are of no help when you have a problem. You work 6 days a week, only 1 off day, your life will only consist of the post office. The pay and befits are decent, your coworkers are also good people. This job is for someone young with no responsibilities outside of work. The actuall job, like the sorting of the mail etc is not difficult, it’s the management that makes it difficult.
Pay, benefits
Kontra érvek
Work life balance, poor management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
they'll overwork you as the workers with more seniority do less work, no training. Have you Unloading things outta your weight limit, getting help from people on the equipment is a hassle.. everyone always bring their personal issues to work and take it out on the employees
reasonable pay
Kontra érvek
working hard for little pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
if you are ready to absolutely drain your mental health for this place, go for it but otherwise. this place is physically/mentally exhausting. MHAs / Mail Handler Assistants, are over worked and sometimes it really just isn’t worth it. They take advantage of everyone and there are rules or regulations constantly being broken or not followed. Safety protocols are not followed half the time.
money
depression
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have work for the postal service several times in my life and its a job. Its all what you make of it. This job is a very physical job. Your body will constantly be sore and you have to prepare mentally everyday to deal with rude management. You will get more respect as a career employee. They will slave you as a MHA, PSE, CCA. NO HOME LIFE and it will be hard to work here with young kids. Need cleaner plant/stations and alot of equipment is very outdated.
Pro érvek
Can become a career employee, move around with usps
Kontra érvek
Better management, stressful atmosphere, need cleaner atmosphere especially during covid, new machines, new locker room and cleaner bathrooms
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hours here are long and will be required to stay 12hr days no questions asked if just starting out. The more you do, the more management expects of you. Full time regulars will stand around with a thumb up where the sun don't shine and will watch you do all the work for them. If you can kiss everyone's butt you will get somewhere here no problem!
Pro érvek
Benefits as regular are good.
Poor Management, Favoritism
Munkahelyi kultúra
The most annoying part of the job i MANAGEMENT They big on the favoritism. I use to wanna work at the post office so bad until about a good year in! Now I hate it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My days where to hurry and wait situations. At the job site wait for the work. To be informed on real information, you will see it on the news before informed at work. The hardest part of the job is management dividing the workers. As in every work place divisions happens, but USPS create them.
pay is good
pay bi-weekly
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job will run you ragged along with your mental health. Especially if you are new; you know when you get a new job and you don’t get that many hours bc you don’t know what you’re doing well at this job they will make you work everyday for 10-12 hours without any direction you’re just in there. They dont tell you what days you have off they dont tell you how long you will be there and no one will relieve you for your break it is indeed a very hard. The pay is crazy but which is important the way you feel everyday the feeling of dread that you have to go into work and work until you drop? Or getting paid alot of money the pros and cons dont weigh equal they dont but again the pay is good.
Pro érvek
Good pay, benefits after one to two years of working
Kontra érvek
Long hours, mental health problems, poor mangement, no consideration of employees, 0-1 days off a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mentally draining. Every supervisor is power hungry and willing to “throw you under the bus” when the fault is theirs. 10 hours a day minimum, and 6 days a week gets exhausting. You will continue to search for a career while here.
Cheap Stamps
Kontra érvek
Management and lack of appreciation of employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
You're started off doing the most hours & the kost work. Management is petty & mean. So are your coworkers. I'm not being dramatic I swear. You walk in & it's a whole new world where everyone is annoyed you exist. Almost no training also. It's the most disorganized place Ive ever worked. The only redeeming thing is that working every second of your life pays well. That's it.
Pro érvek
You get to go home at some point
Working at the usps
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at United States Postal Service is nonePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at United States Postal Service are goodJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at United States Postal Service,Sketchy at best
Munkahelyi kultúra
OverallMy experience working at United States Postal Service has been terrible I hate the supervisors the some of the employees I hate everything about the job
Munkahelyi kultúra
1. They say the point of the union is so we wont be over worked and we are.2. You take up all the slack of the full time workers.3. All the female supervisors are terrible. They work house harass you doing your 90 day probation. Its a hostile environment to work in.4. They pay and benefits is great, to me, just not worth it bc you wont spend time with your family, you wont get any sleep, you wont be able to do anything. Youre at work for 6 days, 12 hours even if there is no work to do.5. Your 30 min break is not counted within the 12 hours so instead of 4-4 its 4-4:30.... its stupid, and I dont see where they agreed with that in the contract.6. The union is supposed to be there to help you and talk to you and the Union president told me to get rid of my dog for this job. They dont really care about your outside life. If you have kids, a dog, or whatever dont work for the postal service as a MHA or PSE.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office offers great compensation for the job duties performed it’s just that the overall job culture needs improvement! I would still highly recommend anyone considering working here to apply!
Great Pay, Benefits
Job Culture, Work Life Balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Some of the people are great but you can find this at any work place. Most of the people are untrustworthy and lazy. Union protected employees do little to no real work and soak overtime. Management doesn't care how poorly you're treated. They'll listen to you but it goes in one ear and out the other. When Amazon cuts ties with this company things are going to go downhill extremely rapidly. They will not have the volume necessary to support their massive workforce and I expect they'll start shedding the temp to hire employees like a dog sheds fleas. USPS as it stands today is not long for this world. It will be interesting to see what it morphs into but I won't be there for the transition.
Pro érvek
No one cares what you do.
Kontra érvek
No one cares what you do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I first started around the holidays there was definitely no work/life balance. I had 2 children that I barely ever seen because I would be working 6 days a week almost 12 hours a day but after the holidays it slowed down but it just depends.
Co Workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
You are just a number to them. If you don't value your life this place is perfect for you. Management never knows what's going on. Unorganized. The few employees that work will get over worked. The few that don't will get a free pass to do what they want.
Vending machines
Kontra érvek
all the overtime you didnt ask for
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very unorganized, hectic, and stressful. The company treats its employees as if we are machines and not people. They will work you like a slave and don't care about your personal/family obligations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place seems to be an environment with diverse culture. I would say the work as a mail handler is probably the most challenging jobs I have ever come across, and that depends on the workload or the area. As a mail handler expect body aches everyday being at home after a heavy workload. Everyday seems to be a challenge being a mail handler but the benefits are worth it being a full time career employee.
Pro érvek
There are wending machines to get foods.
Kontra érvek
Breaks are fifteen minutes or less.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management does not care about their employees at all. I got hurt a couple months ago and instead of taking me straight to the hospital they served me w disciplinary action for something out of my control. The write up was thrown right away as soon as the union found out but the management at the post office needs a serious cleaning up. Even the supervisors can’t do anything without management approval but most of the supervisors just do what they’re told even if it’s immoral.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek