United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Handler

2 738 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 299 értékelés megtekintése
Flexibility and Benefits
Able to get great benefits. The schedule and hours are flexible.I was able to switch over when I needed benefits for health care. They provide good options.
Good for single people
This job is great if you have no life or family. They don't tell you how long your day will be so you could be there for 12 hours. Swing is especially bad. There's a lot of family here, as in your shift manager will have his wife, mother in law, brother and cousins working there on his shift. And they leave while you stay for the mandatory over time. Good money, poor management, very few people who will help you learn your duties. Literally no help. Wanna have your lunch in 5 hours of being there (which is California state law)? Nope. Federal institutions trump state law. There's good people here but their the minority. Really wanted to love working here, but aside from the mismanagement and disorganization, greed, and general stupidity, my last straw was when they changed my shift without notifying me ahead of time (a day before my break of service was done) and didn't care that the change was a hardship for me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Contract employees are treated a bit differently
The union regular hires are treated very well. The contract non union help not so much. Very big pro union shop mentality. I liked to work, so I did get along with my coworkers and management. But if you did not like to work hard, they made you feel very unwanted.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience working at the post office have been bitter sweet.
The most enjoyable part of this job is Learning how all the mail is processed.From working in the distribution center to working in an actual post office.
Pro érvek
There’s always overtime available.
Kontra érvek
Unorganized, lack of communication, unsanitary
Good pay
The job includes sorting parcels and letters. It's a monotonous job that isn't very hard to do. Can get boring at times. It pays really well with good benefits
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Great experience
I enjoyed working the the US Postal Service. It was hard work but i learned that without us the is no mail. The pay from USPS was always on time. I would recommend to anyone who wants to join and great benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is very hard work and the work environment was not the best
This was not the most pleasurable work experience for me. The managers did not know that you existed. The supervisors did not want you want to advance or succeed. You are just a number there.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The regulars don't do their jobs while the assistants work hard.
Management supervisors don't lead very well. They expect you to know all the different functions without providing training. The regular employees don't work hard, they sleep while they are on overtime.
okay job
this job pay well. what i dont like about is the union. it was feel the people at the union are upset at the supervisor all the time. did enjoy the simple work
Pure craziness
Working holidays and being forced on your off days make it hard when you have a family. Also being blamed for careless mistakes in management when the mail failed to go out on time.
Casual mail handler
I Loved it!! It is a lot of working hours, but it’s in the job description so it’s not a surprise. Easy work! Enjoyed my tour! Enjoyed my manager and supervisor!
Usps
It was a good place to work at and i feel the employees were very helpful as well. I wish it had more communication involved that helped everyone know what they were doing.
Excellent
This job has a lot to offer. You can advance from little to nothing to the postmaster general just by working there. No extra things required. I was very happy at this job and would be more than happy to go back.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The most important part of the job
Getting the mail out on time so we can have satisfy customers. Meeting the requirements of the Post Office to maintain a good job standing. Everyday is a start of a new day.
Job vs people
It's a good place to work but the people aren't. You seem to be on your own when needing help from some people. But the pay rate is great, be yourself
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and funplace to work with pinball machines
Busy and very productive. I've learned sorting bulk mail and separating zip codes. Management was great. The work culture was good. And the hardest part of the job was lifting heavy mail, and the most enjoyable part was playing games.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good permanent job after the probation period
I worked for the P.O. for 20 years. The key to lasting long is don’t trust anybody. You can socialize but keep your personal business to yourself. This place is not about how hard you work but how you get along with the supervisors. Also know your rights on the job get close to a union rep because management will try to write you up for anything under the sun. The benefits and job security is good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good place to work, with some great people!
A typical day at work consistently sorting flats or breaking down mail...
Management can be helpful at times.

The workplace is safe for all.

The hardest part of the job is dispatch time, getting all the mail into the trucks and off the dock!
Very professional job
Working at the post office is almost a privilege for the simple fact is that it’s a federal job. It’s extremely hard to get into due to all the requirements that have to be done before even being considered for hire.
Terrible
Terrible and clueless management. You will have no life outside of the post office. Management will treat you less than a person unless you have a relative who works the office
Terrible place to work
If you have a family this is not the place for you! They care nothing about there employees! You are expected to work 6 days a week 12 hours a day with one off day. The duration of your 12 hour shift you only get 30 min for lunch and 15 min breaks every 2 hours. They talk to you as if your beneath them. Horrible management!
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés