United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Handler

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Handler2 738 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
2 738 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 299 értékelés megtekintése
Flexibility and Benefits
Able to get great benefits. The schedule and hours are flexible.I was able to switch over when I needed benefits for health care. They provide good options.
Great Place Poor Management
Plant Operations is definitely where the money is especially for Mail Processing Clerks(PSEs) and Mail Handlers(MHAs). However, management suffer with interpersonal/professional skills. You would have to be head strong and have your own personal career agenda. Currently a worker for the Birmingham Annex facility. Currently seeking a better opportunity within the USPS. Overall great company to work for.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Very great place to work great management very nice people to work width and very easy job I love working with other and sometime by myself but other then that it a great place to work
Okay place to work
Overall not a great place to work. Bad environment for employees. Bad supervisors and Managers. Some aspects of work very robotic in nature, not much room for promotions.
fast paced environment
It was very rewarding to work in a fast paced environment. You feel like you are contributing to the community when you help everyone receive their mail.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great organization to work for. I really enjoyed working here.
I would love the opportunity to work here again. Great people and the management team was outstanding. Family focused. The team I Worked on was very productive and motivated each day. We get the job done.
Absolutely awful environment
This was one of the worst jobs I've ever had. Granted, I lost 60lbs in 7 months, but it was mostly due to the severely poor work life balance. My schedule was so tight that I averaged 3 hours of sleep per night, if I wanted to eat, and do whatever else I needed to do on a personal level. The repetitive motion from being stuck on one task for days on end resulted in a permanent injury, and management intimidated me into saying that it wasn't work related, or I would be fired. They also intentionally ignored and 'lost' medical documentation on multiple accounts for this injury. Management was horrible, in the sense that they don't do anything for employees other than dictate, most of the managers have no idea how many processes actually work, and they actually increase the likelihood of employee injuries by overworking them. I actually witnessed a diabetic pass out from low blood sugar because management didn't allow him to take his lunch when necessary. The scheduling is FAR from reasonable. Walking in, you NEVER know if you'll be working an 8 hour day or a 12 hour day. Most of the time, management wouldn't even say anything about staying late until 5 minutes before you were due to leave for the night They'll work you until 4AM and have you scheduled for noon that same day, regardless of your personal safety caused by an inability to get a healthy amount of sleep. This doesn't even include how inconsistent the schedule is to begin with. Days off are very randomized, so it is impossible to have any sort of personal life or plan ahead for anything, including appointments. The - több...
Amazing
Amazing company to work for and retire from. Great pay. Great benefits. Amazing people to work with. I enjoyed every moment I worked here. Get a break every 2 hours. Opportunities to do overtime.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall moral of the post office is bad
Horrible company to work for. There is no type of professionalism there, the whole moral as a company is just messed up. It’s back breaking work for hardly enough pay to get by.
productive
Very busy, productive, manageable. I learned how our mail is being sent out. the work place is great. I also learned they have more than one mail sorting warehouse one is the annex and one is the main building. They also have a Christmas annex where their casuals help out with packages for the holidays.
Builds Character
The USPS is a company that puts safety as a major priority, and it builds character. For whatever it’s worth who you are before as a worker, is intensified. You’re going to develop the concept of order of operations. USPS adds to your credibility and skills set as a worker. It’s premium employment, one of the best companies to be employed at.
Poor Managments, poor Supervision, Toxic Atmosphere
I worked here as a Casual this last season endingin Jan. 2020. Prior to hitting the main floor we had orientation. During orientation they inform you of all these rules that should be followed but as soon as we hit the floor on the east wing ndc. It was the complete opposite. The regulars and people who had senority did not have to follow these rules. This was the 1st culture shock. Second, the management, the leads, and the MDO's were very inconsistent on structure and very unprofessional. So many days I would work and feel over worked and mistreated because of my calm demeanor and hard work ethic. The MDO's, the leads, and other regulars would form groups during high volume times just to talk and laugh while others worked. Some of the MHA's that had not become permanent expressed the frustration with this and the inability to get this reconciled was due to fear of losing there position. Luckily for me, I had a real job so it never put me in that place. But rumors were started about me from a group of uneducated women who I had 0 interest in knowing outside of my shift. The older men prey on the young women in the East wing and the younger women prey on the men who show no interest in them and walk around with there music on the entire 8-12 hrs they are there. Upper management, supervisors, and the MDO's contribute to this culture by not being equipped mentally as leaders. So they just follow. This place is not for everyone. The pay is not worth quitting your real job. If considering this opportunity as a real job. PLEASE DO NOT go to east wing. I wouldn;t recommend this place - több...
Pro érvek
Seasonal
Kontra érvek
Poor Structure, The Inability to lead and enforce structure, toxic atmosphere
It’s a good job.
They pay good but when you’re a casual probably you won’t get paid on time or Something happens. Otherwise is a really good job....................................
2,0
Poor choice
Worst choice you could ever make as a creative individual. Who thinks outside the box and wants a better life. Management is particularly incompetent, and uninvolved with the needs and wants of the employees. While prioritizing the work load over the people who pull the weight. I wouldn’t recommend it for people permanence. But, if you’re looking to make decent wages while preparing for another realm of life. Go for it!
Sad and poor management
Mangagement is bad, not enough diveristy. In need of stricter rules regarding employees. I wouldnt not recommend anyone to work for the post office. It sad to say but its true.
Circus
This is a place where IF you get hired on full time you are guaranteed to work the graveyard shift for the next 10 years. Senior coworkers simply do not retire. You can literally volunteer to be a supervisor, so you can imagine the toxicity that stems from that.
hard work
You work hard for the money that your receiving , there is a lot of pushing , pulling and lifting to be done with this job. but its all worth it in the long run
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most things are not fair or safe
You can try your hardest and go as fast as you can and it is never enough always rushing and being moved from place to place around the whole warehouse floor and loading docks
And they say safety is priority but doing things fast and unsafe is what they really look for
The Money and benefits
Work hard for your Money keep your business to yourself make sure you get in the Union. The job is what you make it you get paid for all the holidays
No life . High school environment
....................................................................Unprofessional in all aspects, nothing is ever dealt with professionally. Nepotism in every nook and cranny. Dirty work environment. Ghetto people with jailhouse mentality. Blind leading the blind.
4,0
Productive and difficult
Working at the post office was nice, I liked how I was constantly busy. It was very hard physically, but I learned a lot about having a job since it was my very first legitimate job.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés