United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Handler

2 738 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 299 értékelés megtekintése
Flexibility and Benefits
Able to get great benefits. The schedule and hours are flexible.I was able to switch over when I needed benefits for health care. They provide good options.
Usps
Wonderful organization to make extra money for the holiday season as I have done it for the last four years at the Elvis Presley location. I am looking forward to being there again in 2020.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Busy business come prepared to work
Here lately it has been one thing after the next real busy Christmas, Valentines Day, it’s a 24 hour business be prepared to work 12 no if ands or buts
Good benefits, Great money
The hours and working 6 days
A good place to work
The management and staff were very friendly and the work was steady. The post office kept me busy most of the time which helped to pass the time quickly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy going, but can be fast paced
Overall, i loved it. Most of the people had personality and were always willing to lend a hand when needed. The pace can either be slow or face, never really an in between, but I liked both. As long as you have your work equipment/utensils/tools, you’re fine.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Run!
I sent 3 years of my life at USPS in a position that in the job description was made to seem flexible. I’ve been a full time student the entirety of my stint there and made them well aware of that. They said they’d be understanding of that then proceeded to ask me to work 12 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week. The work is easy until the repetition start taking a hefty physical toll on your body. The pay is great for a job that doesn’t require a degree. If you love idiot supervisors who take direct orders from idiot management then the North Houston P&DC is for you. They consistently insult your intelligence then as long as your an MHA they talk to you like you’re a child. The management sleeps with employees and those employees are heavily favored(preferred schedules and some current supervisors). I wouldn’t wish working there on my worst enemy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If your coming to ISC don’t do it
The job requires tooo much physical work . I’ve been working 6 days a week for almost two years . Overtime is mandatory EVERYDAY!!! This job doesn’t care about life and work balance .
Horrible place to work
Aside from the pay its a horrible place to work. You are nothing but a number. They tell you upfront they don't care about your personal life. They will work you like a dog and it will never be good enough.
Good paying job
Good paying job with great benefits and a pension after retirement and they’ll work with you if you have other activities outside of the post office. I enjoyed my time there
Diversity
Benefits and the diversity and union. Having the option to work overtime and obtaining health benefits. No production rate per individual and you get breaks every other hour.
Pays well
This job will easily turn into a career. Management is the only problem here with the lack of communication, abuse of power at times, and violation of safety in the building.
This job pays well and that's all!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Diverse company with a widespread team
I honestly learned so much about myself and the company. It was honestly an honor being apart of a company that helps people so many people across the world. As a team member I realized my versatility and full capability as an employee and was able to push myself to different limits and break different barriers that I thought I never would be able to do. I am thankful for this experience and I am looking forward to another like that.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hours were long, but the pay was decent
The job was not difficult, but management needs a complete overhaul. Management made an easy job difficult. They tend to hire people from personal preferences instead of rewarding work ethic.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My work environment was the best an I enjoyed going to work an at the end of the day I felt like a job well done 😊
The overnight shift worked for me it gave me time to enjoy my family outside of work.. I appreciate be hard work because at the end of the day it a job well done.
Pro érvek
Getting the job done.. working safely
Kontra érvek
There were really no cons about working at the post office.
Great Job
The Post Office has been very good to me. No complaints here. Pay is great for being unskilled. Work isn't too difficult. Get adequate vacation and sick leave. Earn a nice, early retirement. Plenty of opportunity for advancement, if that's your thing. We are unionized so there is a great deal of job protection. I've always been treated well by management. Overall, a very good job. Happy to be here!
Mail handler assistant
We are over worked, underpaid, management is horrible and does not care about your well being. This is not a place I plan to be for 30 more years. If you have a family do not apply.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Can be great or terrible
I work for the postal service for 5 years at two different locations. My first location I loved. The people supported you, management let you do your job, and they made you feel like what you did mattered. My second location was the opposite. But even then there were worthwhile people that encourage you.
Tons of overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very physical job duties, constant flow, inflexible timing in taking breaks and lunch
Very physical job; dedicated employee staff.
Management and staff are dedicated to delivering the mail...period.

There is strong camaraderie among full time employees.

The hardest part of the job is the weight of packages and keeping up with the speed of the conveyor belts to sort them by zip codes, as well as waiting for each tours mail run to end before taking lunch.
2,0
Monotonous Routine with No Work/Life Balance
Working as a USPS MHA, there is no work/life balance whatsoever. It takes 2 to 3 years to get converted to a "regular" employee, and until that conversion takes place you can look forward to working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week MANDATORY. Pay and benefits are good, but you exist solely to serve the USPS. Management is the worst that I have ever experienced in any job field I have ever worked in. They are as corrupt as they are incompetent, and if the USPS ever does actually become privatized, it will be the fault of the absolutely terrible management staff. I have currently worked as a plant MHA for 19 months, but I do not plan to stay long enough to make the conversion to "regular" mail handler, so I cannot comment on whether the job quality eventually improves or not.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a great company to work for. It's federal employment, and it's a badge of honor and great credebility towards other federal employment. The pay is great as well !
Pay
Kontra érvek
Benefits aren't available for casual.....
Munkahelyi kultúra
Life is Like a box of chocolates
I currently work for the USPS, and it's a dream come true ♥️
Looking forward to becoming a regular employee and potentially retiring from the post office.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés