United States Postal Service
3,4 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Handler

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
2 866 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 27 099 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is mostly physical work. So you Should be prepared for long hour standing and lifting weights. Timings are quite flexible you can choose suitable shift. Mostly in evening and nights and rarely in morning hours too. Repetitive work. Sometimes you get no support from co workers and strict rules for overtime during peak season. Even you are tired after your shift but if they need you, you have to stay for another hour or so. Pay is good and have a scope to move forward and become a permanent employee.
Pro érvek
Good pay and flexible timings
Kontra érvek
More physical work, less support and respect.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Yearly pay increases with col increases as well. Company that allows for minimal career growth but is fine for people who want to earn alot working overtime.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS off of Elvis Presley Blvd. is a terrible place to work as a MHA! 95% of the supervisors that work at this location is rude and unprofessional. They pick on the associates that work hard but let the slackers get away with murder. The forklift drivers drive reckless and doesn't care about anyones safety.
Pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am thankful for a job and work really hard. But there is no appreciation there. Everybody gets the same treatment, if your a hard and good employee or if you just slack off.
A paycheck
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you plan to be an employee here, please note you're life will be consumed with work and nothing but work. Your personal life will be neglected as you work 8-12hrs days and when you get a lunch break you are suddenly immersed in a feeling of depression as none of the employees (mainly the new / 1year mark ) employees hate there jobs or have nothing good to say about the company as they are brainwashed into nothing but the "MISSION". How dare they call themselves a federal company as it is MANDATORY to work on holidays and there are no benefits to being there as a VETERAN as you are talked down to like an E-1 all over again. I would highly recommend some " Leadership " roles take classes on how to LEAD and manage their employees as I would never wish my worst enemy to work here.
Pro érvek
Contemplation of life while you look at MAIL MAIL MAIL.
Everything else.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I first started, the company was ok. You have to dedicate your life there. The moment you have something personal to do.. Management takes it personal. It can be a good or bad experience
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the worst places I’ve ever worked. Was harassed by management from day 1. Train for 3 days and never see the person again after that. Union is only after money. If you’re temp, don’t waste your time unless u plan on being there for a while. I was terminated for filling up my water bottle before checking in with the “team leader” who lied and said I never checked in with him at all when in reality he was the one that never came back to the designated area assigned by the manager. But of course they took his word over mine because he had been there longer..the manager had told him he was supposed to help me work one Of the machines but he proceeded to walk away with some random dude after the Manager left. I stood there for 15 mins like a dummy waiting on him to come back. So after 15 mins of waiting to be shown how to operate a machine by a drunk..I proceeded to walk to the water fountain to fill up my water bottle and the manager never gave me a chance to explain why I was at the fountain and where the other guy had gone and when he asked the guy, he lied. After I politely tried to give my side of the story, I was asked for my badge as well as everything given to me. I was escorted out of the building. This wasn’t even done in private it was done in front of other workers. It was embarrassing and a let down to be terminated for something I didn’t do. Especially being I asked to see footage of me “not working” which they couldn’t provide. Just a little FYI. They give people bonuses for “helping” to get someone terminated. So be careful who you trust. I even asked the manager - több...
Pay
Everything but the money
Munkahelyi kultúra
At the time I was soft there OT was called a lot and there wasn’t enough workers! When I go back we will see the difference was told it’s enough help now !! Just hope they doing the Social Distance it’s Very Important
I don’t no
The breaks need to b a hour if we working 12hrs daily
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office has helped me with making a lot of money. I loved working for the holidays, I made most of my money there as a Casual Mail Handler Assistant (MHA). You're required to work 6 days a week even holidays. The job is pretty physical (plant operation) but, the money is worth it. Wishing to work back there again.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very unprofessional especially on tour 1 from the management down very Ghetto!! Would recommend any another building, no outside life at all. The supervisors want you to practically bend them over in order for you to keep your job. Pay rate is average until you become a regular. I’m looking for something better without the hassle and headache.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great workers management is horrible at all levels no respect for the employees and they will definitely get rid of the ones who always do the right thing
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depending on where you work management can be a headache, but as long as you get the work done then you’ll be alright. Don’t listen to some of the workers if you have questions ask the supervisor because some workers have bad interest in you or either jealous of you.
Benefits, Diversity
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is hard labor on your body. Currently looking for something more reasonable. As a mail handler assistant, you get treated basically like nothing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Came in has a seasonal MHA. Only stayed long enough to pick up my physical check has I found out the job wasn't for me by my 1st week. When I first got the job I was excited to get a gov job and figured I would work hard to get a chance at a full time schedule. Within my first week I had already started planning my exit strategy due to what I saw. This facility is very large and each area looks exactly the same so it can make it very difficult to navigate and supervisors will expect you to know where you are going.This warehouse wasn't in too bad a shape, but was very dirty given that it was a federal building. Because of it's size there were several break rooms throughout the facility, some with/without fridges. The common denominator they had was that they either had broken water fountains or water fountain that barely worked and all had makeshift tables. During my first day I was told that my supervisor was "strict" and was told by my coworkers that he had a tendency to call you names and micromanage and was told "not to take it personally". Has soon has I heard this it set off some red flags and didn't really like that a federal agency's motto was " too not take it personal" and "get over it".Once I started working loading trucks I thought the job was pretty easy, until I had a 2nd supervisor midway through my shift who would assign me to dispatch containers of mail. While the premise of this job was as simple has pulling out a full container of mail and replacing it with a new one, it was very complicated due to the amount of papers you would have to print and tape to it. - több...
45 minute lunch, benefits
Kontra érvek
Lazy coworkers, nonconsecutive days off, made to work on holidays, rude/useless managment, complicated/overwhelming work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hiring process sucks. Definitely nepotism sister brother cousin uncle mom dad as long as your related to and employee and favorited by management etc
Pro érvek
Paid for barely working, cigarettes breaks when u bathroom toowant
Alot
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a non career mail handler. It takes 2 years or more to get to a career position with real benefits & better treatment. Supervisors treat you like your nothing. They won't tell you your working overtime for the day until your shift literally ends so never plan anything outside of work. Took them a week after my start date to get my badge to get into the facility & clock in but all other employees who started with me had theirs from day 1. After resigning they kept putting off giving me my final check like I didn't work for it. Finally got it a week and half after everyone else got paid.
Resigning
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balance12 hour days 6 and 7 days a week. You can work 12 to 40 days in a row without a day off. You will work Every holiday. Before and after your shift overtime ( you never know until last minute) You don't know your schedule until the week before so forget about making plans!
Munkahelyi kultúra
First glance, you see everybody working hard on each task, helping one another regardless if you were new or old. Every second mattered while you were there whether it was clocking in, how long you were on lunch or how long you were on on the machines. A big thing that was put into the worker's heads was that we were a family, i.e. if one of us messes up we all mess up. This was easy to see as if one group or person is a little slow on what they are doing or makes a honest mistake it affected the productivity as a whole. Overall within the workplace everyone was different, some supervisors were strict and stern, some were fun and playful, some were a mix of both. Yet they all have the same goal in mind in making sure workers are doing their jobs safely and efficiently so that the mail can get to where it needs. Hardest part of the job really was staying awake as everybody was working 12 hour shifts. This made the most enjoyable part of the job whenever you can any slight break you could whether it be machine slowed down, or waiting for more trucks to come in, you took any second of relaxation you could.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked there seasonal. 10-12 hrs 5-6 days aweek. Or no days off. Handling mail , sorting it by each zipcode. No being bugged by the manager or having someone rush you. Work at your own paced. Some people are aggressive but continue to do your job the best way you can at your ability and youll do fine.
Great pay!
Kontra érvek
Not much free time. Very smothering
Munkahelyi kultúra
You get paid well for the work here considering most of the jobs here are entry level though as others stated in past reviews it is really sink or swim environment here even though the jobs are entry level. Be prepared to watch the regulars do the work and ask lots of questions because no supervisors or leads will train you properly how to do the work. Be also prepared to not have a life. There is no work life balance here at the post office. It is either the post office or not. Depending on your craft you will most likely be doing 6 days 10 or 12 hour shifts. The pay is great and you will get some benefits even as non career but be prepared that converting to a regular may take years to do. So if you are an MPA, MHA or whatever you are never guaranteed hours and they can let you go anytime they wish. If you want a career at USPS you are going to have to make some sacrifices and try to make regular. I honestly don't see myself here for more than a year as I do want a more work/life balance. If you are still on the fence I recommend coming in as a casual and see the work then come back as a non career if you really want to pursue.
Pay and benefits
No work life balance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked for almost 2 years here. I wasn’t paid for the first 3 months, along with many new hires at the time because they “couldn’t input us into the system”. Management is horrible and always racially biased, sexist and self-serving. When you are new, they know you don’t fully understand your union rights and will take advantage as much as possible of your ignorance. With parents and extended family having spent their lifetimes working for USPS, I understood it was hard work and you will need to be at war with supervisors much of the time. They are especially tough on you if you aren’t regular, which can take a few months or 6+ years. Shifts were always changing dramatically, sometimes I got off at 3pm or 4am. Management did not care when employees had children to look after. They also change your work location all the time. I never considered myself a hateful person and very much enjoyed the actual hard physical work, but quit after realizing how full of anger, stress, revenge and resentment i felt towards my supervisors and the USPS system. I would never work there again.
Great Co-workers