United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Handler

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Handler2 802 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
2 802 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 275 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Able to get great benefits. The schedule and hours are flexible.I was able to switch over when I needed benefits for health care. They provide good options.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place seems to be an environment with diverse culture. I would say the work as a mail handler is probably the most challenging jobs I have ever come across, and that depends on the workload or the area. As a mail handler expect body aches everyday being at home after a heavy workload. Everyday seems to be a challenge being a mail handler but the benefits are worth it being a full time career employee.
Pro érvek
There are wending machines to get foods.
Kontra érvek
Breaks are fifteen minutes or less.
Work-life balance
N/A

Overall

The United States postal service was not what I expected. The pay is great, but they overwork you and don’t give you any off days. Working there is basically not having a life at all anymore.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Basically another form a of military institution. It definitely has rough days around the holidays but overall you get decent pay better then a minimum wage I tell you that.
Overtime
Poor Management
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working with different people from different backgrounds and ages. Even though getting mail out is the objective it was never boring and there is always work to be done
Pro érvek
Knowing what work to expect
On your feet
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Post Office gave me a whole new experience with shipping mail out and sorting it. Lots of people to learn from, lots of wrongs to overcome and excellent environment.
Outstanding benefits
no training
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't ever even apply for a job at the Fayetteville distribution facility unless you're either related to management or friends with someone in management because that is the only way you would advance there. Management is absolutely horrible and it seems like they actively try to go against every rule they can and nothing ever happens to them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
the location was unorganized, there was a lack or urgency, lack of real management team so they just allowed the workers that were there awhile to take over. mail was thrown everywhere, i would find old mail laying around. the employees didn't care about their jobs.
nothing
everything
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the post office comes with many pay and medical benefits . Union useless. Longevity is garunteed. Disorganized company overall. Consistent and repetitive work.
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Priority mail center was new at the time. The managers were learning just like the employees and they didn't take the time to properly train everyone in each area.
Hours were unsteady- I was laid off within the first month of being hired. After I returned, I could be at work for 6 hours or work for 14 hours. You didn't know until the last minute. Shift was evenings
benefits, pay
Kontra érvek
short breaks, timed breaks, unsteady hours
● Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at United States Postal Service are fairly decent. As a Casual mail handler, I didn't get any benefits because casual is only a temporary position. The pay was ok, but if you live in San Francisco where the rent can be a little bit pricey, then you'll end up spending half of your monthly pay on your rent. Back then, applying for a permanent position was a little tighter, so I got laid off when it was almost time to get a pay raise.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You're in a plant for the entire time you're there. Simply do your job and go home. Currently due to the covid going on, mask wearing is mandatory. Not really hard unless you make it.
Pro érvek
Easy work, easy to talk to people, pay, Healthcare
Kontra érvek
Alot of people in areas, can feel like being in highschool again
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in the distribution center very physical job the Post office is it’s own industry so everything is within company supervisors very discreet.
Family members
Overworked sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the most rewarding jobs ive ever had. you get to meet so many people everyday. everyone is always waiting for your arrival. the befeits are amazing. and you get to work by yourself all day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good seasonal pay and work, however too many young people not doing their job , wish they would be weeded out faster other than that all was well, just wish I was rehired,,,,
pay
Kontra érvek
working weekends, and too many young people not doing their job
Munkahelyi kultúra
The manager and supervisors are BULLIES for the morning shift at the plant and distribution. They seriously enjoy picking on us everyday. There is a power struggle, too many people telling you what to do at once and we felt used and abused. The paychecks were great, but not worse the mental and physical abuse. They do NOT care about their employees! If you really need a job and the money, just stay to yourself and get the work done. They don’t like to see you make friends.
Pay
Bullies, mandatory 12 hour shift 6days a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
No. Physical labor. Pain. 12 hours. 6 days a week. 16.50 an hour. Hurrah overtime. Wait I feel like I’m dying, why bother drive home I should just have a bed here, everyone kinda hates everyone and the managers are mean. Also if you only speak English you will not understand most conversations with experienced staff and management. One time I loaded a machine and there is nothing to do but wait for the machine to come back and be reloaded. My tour manager got off his little golf cart and yelled at me because he felt the way I was standing was not showing enough enthusiasm for the job and that I was replaceable. He told me to go around the machine and help the new old lady and when my tour manager said to her “do you need him to help you?” She said “No, he just helped me” because I did just help her because I’m doing two peoples jobs and had my arms crossed afterwords because my back hurt from doing the labor of multiple people. The machines are dusty and dirty and old and the whole process feels antiquated and not streamlined for the modern age. For example the mail and packages people order these days are too large for the machines at the Sacramento Usps. Often they jam from packages and break. The mail shoots into sacks or giant boxes on pallets. The sacks are not big enough, the sacks fill up too fast with mail, mail is everywhere on the floor, the sacks are overflowing, managers are yelling at you to move the giant boxes on pallets. However you have to move other boxes with pallets to get access to the actual full box on pallet you need. Also while moving all these boxes - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you don’t mind working all the time with no real time for family then this is the job for you. If you get injured they try and find ways to fire you
Good health benefits
No life
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been working for this business for 3 years started off as a casual and worked my way up to a regular federal employee. The reason I chose to leave is because of all of the drama and favoritism that takes place within this organization. You are purposely not trained on how to do your job in the event you no longer want to be a "Yes Man". The knowledge of the paperwork can be used against you. The union also works with management to deceive the employee. 99% of the staff is completely cunning and witty. If you are okay with click mentality then you will survive in this environment. The employees who have been there for a long time typically get their way with management lying/covering for them. When one walks in the building you are not aware of how the organization functions. As a result newer employees get taken advantage of. The MDOs allow people to be on the clock for hours and not work at all. The plant manager is only aware of what the management staff tells them. I never seen any evidence that he investigated Management on their complaints on particular employees. Or even management itself. The union spreads every employee's personal business nothing is private. They will never provide you with the local memorandum. Which informs the employee of the local laws. National of course. If you were provided with the local memorandum, then you'll learn of how you're being taken advantage of. The union also steals money. It's just an awful hostile work environment. All of the employees who have been there for a long time favorite thing to say is that is not my job. Now that - több...
Pay, Benefits
Hours, Stressful, Favoritism, Unorganized
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was honestly ghetto.. the people I worked with ( grown women were very cliquish and judgemental.. the first thing that came out their mouth when they trained me was “ are you Jamaican “ told them I wasn’t and that’s when they started acting funny . The have the new people slave in there. Would never go back! Straight up trashy environment . And my check was messed up multiple times
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will be asked to work many overtime hours, sometimes without breaks or lunch. You will work multiple days in a row with no day off. You will be bossed around by managers with zero respect.