United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Carrier8 058 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
8 058 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 568 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
summary
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Managers have poor leadership and communication skills
No opportunity for advancement unless you have worked there for many many years. Union protects those that don't want to work. Horrible outdated equipment (Vehicles) Managers have no tolerance for suggestions, ideas, or problem solving my non managers. Worst most unprofessional place I have ever worked.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Getting stuck in the snow, and the fellow rural carriers their to help another out
The people are awesome to work with, always there to assist if you need help. Though I would recommend that postal carriers should get new vehicles, the current ones are out dated.
Great
Great company they just don’t care bout your family n needs sometimes. My hours I love I get overtime everyday need be but sometimes people don’t want to come to work and make us work harder .
Family oriented and flexible
I enjoy working for theUSPS. Unfortunately, I am a part time carrier to enjoy the full benefits of working for USPS. Being a unionized company, it can takes several years to become an career employee.
Pro érvek
Flexible and family oriented /positive enviroment
Kontra érvek
Seniotity based and long term wait to be career employee
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productivity and speed is all that matters
Terrible management
constant time-wasting practices

Constant harassment from management

All they care about is you getting your route done within 8 hours.

And being available to work at a drop of a hat regardless of what's going on in your personal life.

Pays well and good benefits because of the Union.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Will NOT be what you see, but you will learn..
It is NEVER the work, BUT the poor, selfish, horrible, micro management team that will absolutely blow your mind. They use your lack of knowledge, and inexperience to their advantage. Until you make "career" status, You are constantly reminded and treated as you are just the "help" and plenty applicants for your job. You can NOT have a life..(Especially Sundays)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is great as well as my comrade
Working for the post office is exciting and management is excellent I look forward to my next schedule work day . I will encourage anyone who is looking for employment to apply
excellent place to work
I have no complaints
Hard work
Mentally and physically draining work where the employees are treated poorly and handled improperly. I feel like the post office doesn’t care to accommodate people with kids and family.
Good pay
Treated horribly
Munkahelyi kultúra
With over 16 yrs here, it’s one of the best jobs I’ve ever had! As a city carrier, delivering mail in Flint..there’s something different and new everyday. Working outside and interacting with the community is great!
Okay area better than the 24 hr plant
I would rather be in a small office vs a large plant. I found that in the large plant mainly the overnight supervisors were biased and didnt like minority people
Munkahelyi kultúra
pride and self satisfaction for providing great service everyday
Great place to work. Compensation and benefits are better than most companies. An excellent retirement job. I will recommend it to young folks with families.
Pro érvek
out in the open everyday for fresh air and meeting people
Kontra érvek
when it rains...it pours. But mail must be delivered, regardless.
Munkahelyi kultúra
No free time. Forget about family time. Only get promoted if the management team likes you. The harder you work the more work they give you.
Management generally has no college and/or management background. Most often a Supervisor role leads a slightly ignorant person to reek havoc over his or her staff. Days off are rare and usually assigned to favorites. Assignments are given based on whether you will run the route in half the time. Slower personnel are generally given easier assignments. Look for other career opportunities if you value your family life.
your family life.
Job security
It's a great job for security.
Very good benefit

Retirement

Health benefits

Supervisors are a pain

Work loads are heavy during the holidays

The summer season are bad too

It get real hot outside

Clerks are the best position
Munkahelyi kultúra
If your not a regular thats just what it is
I'm trying to leave no off days maybe 1 sometimes and long hours force to work 12 hours a day can't get know business taking care of and you never know when your off your off when they say your off.
No professionalism
By far the most unprofessional place I’ve ever worked. Management is terrible! That’s from the sit in postmaster to the supervisors. Management here doesn’t know how to speak with respect to anyone and only gossip about one another. Lack of communication among them so there isn’t any real structure, just confusion. Work culture isn’t great. As soon as you walk in, the tension is beyond thick. Currently seeking other employment opportunities.
N/a
The Postal Service looks out for themselves. The management only cares about getting packages out and not about if you ever see your family or if you're sick. I've even seen another carrier that needed surgery and management wouldn't allow her off. We work 7 days a week and it's every man for him or her self.
Munkahelyi kultúra
the worst work environment I have ever encountered
from the very first day it was a total chaos with management. the treatment I received was very uncalled for. not only was management breaking rules but also union stewards. Union did not help and covered up for some union stewards, lied to make sure they would protect each other. I do not recommend working for the USPS.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
harrasment
See Below
Positives- Great Pay, Great Benefits, (After a year of employment) Job security

Negatives- Job Flexibility, Work Schedule (You’re on call everyday, and you will work everyday, and every holiday until you make regular *which can take up to 3 years) Poor Management (They only hire within, and require no prior training) Workload (Prepare to do other people’s jobs for them until you make regular)
A lack of cummication.
Supervisors and post masters lack communication as well as dislike each other and let that attitude show and be take out on there employees. Some of the women supervisors favor the men.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will be working in all weather conditions, and also working late during peek season, but the walking keeps you pretty active.
it’s just like any other job, it has it’s good day’s and it’s bad day’s, you get out of it what you out into it, keep a clear mind when walking into work and don’t get stress over the amount of mail you see.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés