United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Carrier8 080 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
8 080 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 620 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
summary
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Munkahelyi kultúra
USPS is a thankless job!
USPS is a thankless job! Management is poor.. dangling “a carrot” that if you work hard & do everything you’re told, you might get a permanent route one day. No lunch, no bathroom, no office supplies, no decent equipment to drive, no benefits until becoming permanent taking up to 14 years+. Any hours worked over 40 are moved to next week, so USPS doesn’t have to pay overtime....illegal, but commonplace
You can do better...Run
Co-workers are a horrible breed of people and management is worse. I am looking for another career because I no longer want to work at a place that doesn't care about their employees. And it has been especially evident during this CoVid-19 pandemic.
Poisonous place to work.
Supervisors only care about them selves. U will be treated like u don’t matter. No time for family. Forced to work on your ns days. Have to go at slow pace or the Union stewards make deragatory comments. The llv trucks are not safe, they do the minimum repairs just to get it back on the road, when safety is the biggest thing talked about. Cca’s beware. I left USPS after making career.
Autocratic
I am retired from the usps. The job is demanding with little time off and zero appreciation for the fine work that is done. The managerial culture on the workroom floor is combative. The on street oversight via electronic surveillance is suffocating.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good connection with others due to the smaller size of the office
I was lucky in that the office for which I delivered out of had a good group of carriers and supervisors. I think it helped that it was a small office and the carriers had more of a chance to make personal connections. I no longer work there but have 4 lifelong friends from my experience there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Demanding and the job must be accomplished daily.
The mail must be delivered at all cost! You must take care of yourself first in order to stay healthy to work. Your coworkers will support you and the union will most of the time.
Horrible experience
Was not a place where people cared about you or your personal growth. Was lied to by management about being paid for delivering extra packages, and lied to about receiving pay for time and mileage driving to other PO's to help out. Management knew I was a student as well and demanded I come in during full weeks of school. Worked very long days without any breaks, not even lunch, and I'm diabetic. Not given enough money for the route, as your pay is pre-determined everyday, not by hour, so that's another lie. You'd have to drive 60miles/hour on the crappiest roads non-stop to get done in the time 'required' by management. Management doesn't care about you, they just need a mindless, able body to do menial work.
Awful
Awful! Management is arrogant,rude, unsupportive. You live in constant threat and fear of losing your job. It is the worst place I’ve ever worked. The Supervisors constantly call and harass you, the training is terrible and very unorganize.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is good but city carrier position is difficult and the potential path to career is long.
I worked in Princeton & Spring Lake Heights. NJ Very different towns There were excellent managers and some burned out ready to retire. I worked in a position that was a substitute for regular carriers and every Sunday with Amazon deliveries. The path to a career position was too long. Especially for a hire over 50 years of age.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great organization to work for growth potential.
Great organization to work for with great growth potential great pay and leadership innovative and diversified work exposure to different departments within the same industry.
Usps
It's decent but sometimes it feels as if it's not worth the struggle. There favoritism, over worked and under paid handled rudely. Sometimes if feels as if no one cares.
5,0
good career job
do it, stick it out,enjoy retirement this is all I got to say but since more words are required I will say this survey needs some serious re-thinking!
Pro érvek
good bennies
Kontra érvek
bad managers
5,0
Great company
If you are looking for a long term stable career, opportunities for advancement,then the United States Postal Service is definitely absolutely the way to go.
Not worth it
Pays decent but with the upkeep on vehicle not as much as it should. Lots of bullying and harassment in office. Being on the mail route is the best part of the job and peaceful. Employees are disposable and they do not really care about your safety.
Pro érvek
Being on the road, decent pay
Kontra érvek
Provide own vehicle, office harassment/bullying, you are disposable
Not for everybody
They do not care about their employees. Only about the mail being delivered. They show no type of compassion or interest in your personal life. They work you like robots. We are underpaid for the amount of work they have us do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful environment to get job done with ever changing policies.
Must be flexible enough to maintain sanctity of all articles of mail. Be able to perform consistently while being watched by supervisors, internal postal inspectors, and general public under extreme environmental conditions. Memorize multiple routes with 300 to 500+ delivery points. Perform all duties with safety and as fast as management thinks you should be going (even if it makes for unsafe conditions). Be aware that certain individuals have advantages afforded by both federal law and unscrupulous supervisors that knowingly establish hostile environments.
Maillady
I loved the work but if you arent liked by your coworkers because your beautiful and get alot of attention, they can make your life miserable.
True story! Management was a joke. Postmaster never there leaving imcompatent supervisor in charge. Union acted like they helped you. All in all once i got out delivering it was nice to work alone.
Stressful, unprofessional, unorganized
Really not sure what to do about this job. I like it but management makes me hate it. Sucks being overworked and not appreciated.
You’re talked to and treated like trash. 9/10 you’ll have to call off to get an off day.

Post office is closed Sundays but they make us work for Amazon.

They don’t care about you at all. The mail is more important than you.

Yes, the pay is good, but what’s the point when you can’t enjoy it?
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unfair reward vs sacrifice.
Low pay meant underwhelming paychecks even with 60+ hours a week. Will work weekdays and weekends without days off until they have to give you a day off. You are on an on call status even though they don’t acknowledge it. After years as an assistant carrier you are offered a full time position on a route but less hours so you take a pay cut.
More cons than pros
I love delivering mail and packages, it's a great career. No degree needed and can help you make a great living.
The problem is management and their followers, they don't care about your safety like they should, management cares more about meeting their numbers and money hungry. They're followers will treat you just as bad and stab you in the back.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés