United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mail Carrier

Munkakör megnevezése
Mail Carrier8 179 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
8 179 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 874 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is a lot of pressure especially with time. How long in ur the office casing mail and how long the route takes. Management has unrealistic expectations. With any job there is good and bad supervisors. I love the people I work with. That's why I stuck it out for 3 and a half years as an assistant until I made regular and got my own route. The heat and the cold is no joke so you need to take care of yourself and be ready for how tough the job is. It's a lot of walking.
Pro érvek
Benefits, money, working on your own
Weather and some management
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Post Office is a great place for a younger adult to work. I started there after a military carrier and an additional 20 years in the workforce. Getting in and out of the vehicle causes a lot of wear and tear on the body. When people mind their own business the place runs better without drama. I have heard carries being talked to like children from management.
Great Pay
Long Hot hours on the street. The vehicles do not have Air Conditioning
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst place to work for treat you like garbage. If you work hard they take advantage of you and drive you into the ground. Management is a joke. Only promote friends and family members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Arrogant and unprofessional managers who think that treating new employees like garbage is acceptable. The female postmaster was also an arrogant fool who believes she was entitled to bully employees. Typical over the top feminist hypocrite.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management hacks, no experience but they promote the dumbest bunch of idiots I have ever met. And I was in the military. The laziest bunch get ahead and meanest
Good benefits
Management lunk heads
Munkahelyi kultúra
high volume fast paced awful environment.. on the job training is horrible.. no time to learn .. i was thrown into fire. Supervision was ignorant and not helpful in any way. Un professional to say the least.
training.. management..
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very difficult not a lot of training and they call u in the morning if they need u to work and you’ve got to work even if it’s last minute which it most of the time is.
Good pay
Not a set schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
if you have little ones, dont expect to be able to do things with them. You'll have no life. You never know when you're going home, you're expected to do 10 hours of work in 8 hours everyday. Hopefully your kid dont get sick, itll bd a problem if you gotta go to pick them up. Your gonna get sick time, but you wont bd aloud to use it.
great retirement plan
no work life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do you like working Easter and Mother's Day? you will not be paid extra . Starting pay is 17-18 per hour. This position should be at min $21/hr for the workload forced upon you and the way everyone belittles you. Union sucks and will not help you unless you are a career employee. They treat substitutes like unwanted stray animals. Management is typically prior carriers who could not do the job. those that can do, those that can't go into management. Don't work here. as a substitute you have no benefits and non-career time does not count toward retirement. You can make the same pay with less stress, better treatment delivering anything else but mail for the Postal Service. If you like working all the major holidays with no added premium pay then work here. You can deliver pizza and make $18/hr
Kontra érvek
treated like trash by management and union
Munkahelyi kultúra
You can’t have a life and work for the post office. Once your hired they own you. I don’t see my kids. I don’t spend time with my husband because I work so many hours. By the time I come home I’m dead tired
Kontra érvek
Bad management in all offices
Munkahelyi kultúra
Honestly depending on people at the station and the area you work in makes or breaks the job completely. Management usually treats you like a robot. The workers are usually helpful but sometimes they dont even bother talking. Walking up and down steps gets really gold after a while unless you get a route that's flat and maybe have some driving parts the job usually sucks. On days where the packages are heavy carrying weight on your back can really kill you too. I would say some of the good things are meeting new people, pay is alright, and eating where you want depending on the area lol. Dealing with the weather is another downside from being in the heat on the hottest days all day to freezing cold rain/snow. Definitely have to be ready mentally to hang in there for this type of work.
Pro érvek
pay, meet new people, freedom
Kontra érvek
Steps, management, weather, weight on your back.
Munkahelyi kultúra
don't even apply to this place its horriable working condition and just a overall bad place to work at, you will work 12hr days and no days off with no weekends so say goodbye to all your friends and family they don't really care about you they will act like they do just to keep someone their
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Physical fast paced work environment with very helpful management that was always there to support me on my route. It can get very busy at times but all my coworkers were dedicated.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job/ good pay. Working as a team and getting through the day. Being organized helps big time
In a job like this. It is fast paced and you are always going. You work in all kinds of weather conditions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When you first get hired at the USPS the starting pay is around $16-17 an hour depending on your location. You can be expected to work 7+ days a week and 12+ hours a day sometimes. Mostly the holiday season.
Pro érvek
Always on the move, friendly customers, vacation time
Kontra érvek
Long days, dealing with the weather no matter what, poorly managed
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not paid enough for what you do. Just like the rest of America I guess. It’s honestly not worth killing yourself over. If you start when you’re like 18, then I’d say sure give it a try. Other than that, it’s a no for me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was with the post office for 5 years and I just quite in June. It’s a very stressful work place and management treats you very poorly. You get treated like horses. They will overload you with work and expect you to be back within 8 hours. Since the pandemic, we have not received higher pay or any form of a raise we are barely provided either hand sanitizer,, mask or gloves. They live to preach safety but give you the worst vehicles to drive. They suck in the snow! No air or heat! You get overworked. You can work months with no days off and they try to normalize it. They are ungrateful when it comes tour commitment to the job bc as soon as you need something in return like a day off, they will make a big deal. I could go on and on about the post offices. It is a horrible place to work if you have a family. Stay away! It’s on a decline anyway.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is physically demanding. It was hard on my body and my personal vehicle. I really enjoyed the customers on the route. The worst parts of my day was management stating that another carrier complained about me. Usually it was petty like they didn't believe that I only worked 6 hours to get a full day work done. I felt that I was targeted and management did not protect me.
Customers
poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I could literally ramble for hours about how much I hated working here. Management is straight up manipulative and vindictive and constantly riding you to do the impossible.. you have to force yourself to take breaks but they give you so much work you can’t, you can opt to not take a lunch and if you take a lunch they get made because that’s less time to make you work, they take almost all of your days off. During the holidays I literally worked from the day after thanksgiving until the day of Christmas with no day off and most of those days I came in at 5am and went home at 8/9pm. It’s sink or swim, everything is disorganized, no A/C in trucks in the middle of summer in the desert sucks and you are on the verge of Heatstroke daily. You’re under constant stress and it’s a toxic work environment.... I lasted 1 year.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Post office was extremely busy. More often then not you had extra worked added on to your route. Pressured environment and long waiting list for regular city carrier position.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés