United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Clerk

Munkakör megnevezése
Clerk1 198 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 198 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 430 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day working for USPS is fast paced and busy. You have to handle a lot of parcels and mail. Working in the front you have to deal with customers, helping them with mail and money transactions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The training is good. The work is
easy. The workers work together to get the mail to customer timely. It's a no brainers. The Postal Service is an excellent place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Learning new things everyday. Supervisors ever ready to assist in problem solving.
Punctuality and safety precautions

Job security and advancement

Excellent customer service
Munkahelyi kultúra
The United States Postal Service is a great company to work for. Everyone is well respectful, the company has great benefits, and a wide and possibly life long career path.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is the worse. There's no respect in the company at all. It's all lies they will tell you one thing then turn around and do the complete opposite.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They expect you to get equipment while your partner is running mach so your behind from the start and trying to catch up. Don’t expect holidays off unless you’re friends with management. But pay is good so that’s why you put up with their B S
Pay
Lack of equipment
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
My manager is amazing. Past that the postal service is the WORST place to work! Labors is the biggest joke ever. If you're looking for a good job with good benefits, don't come to the postal service.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work . Good coworkers. Flexible hours. Great benefits. Bonus programs. Would recommend to anyone looking for a job that has a great retirement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked 6-7 days a week the entire time I worked there. I was really struggling financially for a long time before getting this job so the long hours and constant work didn't bother me much because the weight of financial issues was gone. I really enjoyed the physical nature of the job and my coworkers very much.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Usps use to be a great place to work but they have lost there focus which should always be the customers and all employees should be held accountable as well as mangers
Decent pay
Poorly managed no accountability
Munkahelyi kultúra
This company gives back to the community and helped to maintain a stable income, however, at times the work environment was harsh and challenging. I was able to learn the importance of customer service from this organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Has job security and also has a Good
Package of benefits, besides medical,

Dental and vision are also options that

You have to choose from.

You also receive retirement benefits as well
Munkahelyi kultúra
This company is extremely unorganized and unprofessional. They treat their employees like dirt even though they rely on them to push out every single piece of mail, every single day. The hours are extremely long and unpredictable, your supervisors are never on the same page as management, and if you're sick, don't even think of calling in because they will get on your back regardless of the risk. You're constantly being asked to do everybody else's job, you're forced in on your scheduled days off/holidays, and they can send you to different locations within one minute of clocking in. Their pay is okay, their health benefits are decent, but if you have a family or any type of life, I don't recommend USPS.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I barely know where to begin. Going in I honestly thought this would be the job I would retire from because everyone claims that the Post Office has an amazing retirement plan but those days are long gone and now you get stuck working Sundays and days with 4 hour lunches barely scraping 30 hours a week in that time frame. The offices have no real managerial overhead, and postmasters have no accountability as long as their numbers look good.
To begin the training doesn’t prepare you running the window at all. We spent the whole week reviewing a book of information that was essentially irrelevant to the job 95 percent of the time. Most of the information was useless, and what you did learn that might be useful wasn’t done so in a way that made it applicable to the job at hand for a beginner. There’s too much information at a time when you won’t know how to apply it rather than learning the RSS/meter and then working up to how the information is relevant so most people completely forget it.

I started off in a manual office with no training because no one knew how to operate a manual office. I was just thrown into the job and told to “figure it out” The first month I spent about 4 hours a day off the clock merely trying to dig around to find and read whatever I could find just on how to do the daily functions and by the end of my first week I’m sure the accounting helpdesk was ready to have me disappeared. There’s no good guide or how-to that walks you through daily office functions and even the available information is so obscure and hard to find because it requires you to know
 - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day is a breeze if management is having a great day. I've learned that I am there strictly to do a job and to the best of my ability while learning all skill trades along the way. Management is unprofessional and creates a hostile work environment. There is no longer a such thing as workplace culture. When the greats retired so did the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the hostile work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference within the community, giving back, ensuring the services we offer are executed and with grace.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Hostile work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed my co-workers Didn’t like the Princeton location or being a PTF should have stated PSE was better position and better work which I enjoyed always loved my job
Good pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is one of those companies that you really just have to work for to fully understand what goes on; it's too hard to explain otherwise. Nevertheless, it's an interesting place to work for indeed...
The money can be made
Poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's not for lazy people. It's not for people in poor physical condition or who hate deadlines. This is a real job for dedicated folks. And it's a crucial service provided with very little thanks from the public. If you can stand a physically grueling slog,with no time for your family, the benefits are great and you have a postal family for life!
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you stick with it, it’ll be worth it. Starting pay is good, raises are even better. Only downside is hours can vary depending on the office you work in, and position you hold. But you can work in surrounding offices to pick up extra hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the best decisions I have ever made in my life was accepting a job at the USPS. I am now retired with a secure future due to the Thrift Savings Plan combined with my postal retirement.
Pro érvek
Thrift Savings Plan with company match up to 7%. Choice of health care plans.
Kontra érvek
May possibly have to work 6 days a week at times.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Favoritisms and management have no respect for the employees, they do not properly train people and they expect you to know how to do the job. The facility is very dirty and trashy.