United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Clerk

Munkakör megnevezése
Clerk1 198 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 198 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 438 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day working for USPS is fast paced and busy. You have to handle a lot of parcels and mail. Working in the front you have to deal with customers, helping them with mail and money transactions.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay and benefits, tons of opportunity for advancement, but horrible management & ZERO work/life balance. Great job for someone who doesn’t mind living at work, doesn’t have children, or much of a life outside of work. Definitely not an easy job. Postal workers work their tails off. I like my job itself but other factors make it miserable. Even though I get paid time off and medical insurance as part of my benefits, it’s impossible to get approved leave or time off to even go to the doctor because the Post Office is chronically understaffed and short handed which is not something that’s going to change. That’s just the post office for you. They are cheap and try to cut corners as much as possible. The hiring and training process was incredibly long.. took 3-4 months from applying to my first day of work. I got very little hours to begin with, now I have too many. Your satisfaction with this job depends largely on where you work and who your Postmaster is. A smaller office with a great Postmaster is wonderful. Larger offices with horrible management are absolutely miserable. Pay is good but still barely worth it because one person is expected to handle the workload of 3. I was hired on as a career employee (part time with benefits which is almost unheard of) and advanced to Full Time before I was employeed a year (definitely unheard of) but I know others who waited over 20 years to become full time. Most part time workers will still work full time hours and tons of overtime, especially around the holidays. I work hard and I absolutely LOVE most of my customers but overall - több...
Pro érvek
Great Pay & Benefits for career employees, Ample opportunity or advancement for those who desire it. Excellent job security.
Kontra érvek
Horrible work/life balance, Mostly bad management, Workload overbearing a large portion of the time, Extremely strenuous work and awful for aggravating injuries or back issues, most co-workers have horrible attitudes because they all hate their jobs, Co-workers call out of work a lot leaving you to do your already heavy workload and theirs too.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The post office is a good company to work for very accessible to move up. Independent and team work positions available. Good hours and understanding staff.
Long breaks team building
Long hours during holidays
Munkahelyi kultúra
lucky to be in the position im in. The people are nice and we provide a service to the community.. feels good to be apart of a team that helps so many people..
serve the community
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place to be. If you want a new career, this is the place. Good benefits and tsp company match. Working with people from different backgrounds and cultures
Fair pay
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
No structure no rules its very cliquey soap opera environment. Lazy workers, rampant gossip rumours and milking the system. All the people do is try to sleep around with everybody and bum money too.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Dead end , overworked, high stress, poor management, under staffed, long hours , only 1 day off a week . Working for this company has opened my eyes And allow me to see things from a different perspective.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a horrible place to work. They treat you like a machine. You work six days a week which includes every Saturday and Sunday. You get one work day off each week but it can change from week to week so you can't plan anything. When you request time off, it is denied, which forces you to call in sick when you need a day off. Furthermore it is a very physical job. You have to carry a lot of heavy packages and you are on your feet 10 to 13 miles a day. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Kontra érvek
Too many hours and only one day off a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
The people with the most seniority try to rule over you... they are better than you and you are treated badly as much as you do it’s never good enough
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great great place to work lots of shared views and people are honest with one another. I would reconmend this job to any of my fellow peers. Great ecperience
Munkahelyi kultúra
Over 20 years with the usps.coming a working with the wonderful people of the Usps great benefits and great worker to work with and vacation time and sick leave holidays overtime
Great people
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
They focus so much on the speed of tasks that the quality of the outcome is poor all around. They won’t tell you to throw packages (for liability reasons) but pressure you into it for the sake of making deliveries on time.
Pay/benefits
Kontra érvek
You’re treated less than human
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each day I know what is expected of me but I will also do more tasks as needed. I have learned a lot from this experience and have had the opportunity to take courses on safety and legal issues. I have met and worked for several Post Masters that have been great to work for and very supportive. Workplace culture is good. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the changes of procedures and reports that sometimes change daily. The most enjoyable part is being able to help customers and know that they are satisfied and understand more about what we do and how we can help.
great pay
non career positions
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a very bad experience with getting paid correctly and the mgr at that time who made the error did nothing but cover himself. I was in training for 40 hrs was listed as AWOL when mgr realized what he had done I was only paid for 20 hrs and after his rudeness and trying to belittle me I walked out. The Union was of no help.
Pro érvek
I enjoyed working with customers
Kontra érvek
They change mgrs too much
Munkahelyi kultúra
Well my ratings were based off my job currently I'm sure the post office still has it's issues from when I was there last time so I wouldn't be surprised by them either just saying.
Pro érvek
With my job currently just job security
Kontra érvek
People here are only out for themselves
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a amazing job and a great career if you want it, work hard enough in that company and it will pay off. They take care of their employees, come to work to work.
High pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I'm retired from the Postal Service and I loved my job because I interacted with customers who came to pick up their mail, certified, express and business reply mail in Caller Service. The supervisors were terrible. Always picked on the workers and wouldn't say anything to people goofing off - which were plenty. Couldn't manage very well at all and that is what I disliked about my job the most. It's a sad place to work because some people don't care of how to handle the mail.
Munkahelyi kultúra
For example. We have 3 career clerks that call out once a week or leaves at lunch and doesn't come back. 1 pse that calls out or leaves early once a week. 1 career clerk that sit in an office all day playing games or on the phone and is never made to come out and help. All the work gets put on just a couple of people. Hours are 10 a day 6 days a week leaving no time for family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
For this to be a government job I’m speechless. It’s dirty! Management is a joke. They gossip tell ppl your business and it’s absolutely no growth!! Working at this place has changed me as a person!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for career wise.
The pay is excellent. The hours could be more flexible but they worked for me.

It's a shame that my department was abolished.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The benefits are good if you can tough it out to make regular, however that’s a long process, and you don’t get benefits right off the bat. When you are just starting you get some incentives but not many
Money
Kontra érvek
Poor management, treated less than human, managers lie