United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service Alkalmazotti bírálat

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
Mind a(z) 26 744 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work. Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall the people I worked with were the only thing that kept me going. Upper management only cares about how their office compares to others. Unreasonable demands are often made on the carriers. For rural carriers (RCAs) there are basically no benefits, no paid days off, no vacation days. I often had to work on holidays to deliver Amazon packages. Schedule varies from week to week.
Co-workers
Kontra érvek
Work hours, deadlines, shoddy equipment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good pay, but you have no life. Currently working 7 days a week until after Christmas. Management is terrible, I don’t know how some of the Postmasters got into the position they have. My co-worker is full time, and as me being “part time” they think I should be doing all the work. So many other things I can’t take the time to type out right now that make this job unbearable. I’m miserable at my job and can’t wait to leave.
Good Pay, Benefits
Management, Work Environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a lot harder than you think if you’ve never done anything with mail. I loved it because it’s hard work and fast pace. It’s difficult though to take breaks and be back on time.. also break was difficult..
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Time limit
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very Long hours and walking 10-15 miles for 10-12 hrs a day every day and you literally never get a day off after your first month so your body can never recover properly. This is not like other jobs where people say "all I do is work". You dont even take lunch because thats an extra half hour onto your day not to mention a full stomach slows you down. You forget what day it is you work so much. You literally only work and sleep not days or weeks but *months* on end 7 days a week. They are exempt from the one day of rest in seven law. You will NOT have a social life or family life. You wont squeeze it in like youre probably thinking. Sleep, work repeat.When you go to orientation and training academy, what they are effectively doing trying to make a hard sell on how good the job and benefits are and tell you that you need to be mentally tough. They do this because no one in their right mind would enter this toxic environment unless there was a light at the end of the tunnel and trust me, it is a VERY long tunnel and the light is very dim. It takes years to become a regular. This is why they cant keep people. Its not worth it. I would argue that the mental toughness is needed when you finally have the courage to finally quit and say enough is enough. I liken it to staying in an abusive relationship where you stay for the kids. Just get out.The pay is ok but only because you are putting in endless hours of ot and for the trade off of any semblance of a normal life, you had better be making at least ok money.If you think its a good federal job thats union, think again.The - több...
Endless overtime, ok benefits
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you are young and don't mind if you don't have any ideas of how many hours you will work or where this is for you. Gossip seems to be the number one conversation point.
Well paid
Kontra érvek
Lots of pressure, insufficient training
Munkahelyi kultúra
The regulars acted like spoiled princesses. They didn't feel like coming in they called out and the subs would have to fill in as well as doing their own route. It didn't matter if you knew the route or not you had to do it. No disciplinary actions towards this behavior. Subs treated like dirt. They FORCED YOU to go to another post office to do a route you never been on and you get NO HELP.
Pro érvek
If you knew the route it wasn't a hard job
Kontra érvek
Managers don't care about subs
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was hired for an entirely different position and then forced to work in a position I was not hired for awaiting school for my position. When I asked to be taken off of my the temporary position I was terminated. They treated me horribly it was the worst working environment I have ever observed.
Not any I observed
Everyone was rude
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job, flexible on your on most of the time. I enjoy working for this company and learning new things everyday. I would recommend to anyone willing to work hard.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working here. The pay is amazing as well as getting a lot of hours. I learned my way around the cityby doing other carriers routes as a cca. This job is recommended
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lots and lots of work through all weather conditions 7 days a week managers have a heart attack if you need to call out I personally would not recommend working for usps its not what it use to be.
Get to be on the roads
Munkahelyi kultúra
For the most part, I enjoyed my time(about 2 years) with the postal service. It has afforded me the lifestyle to live on my own terms. Which includes purchasing a home. But in saying that, the culture there was very toxic. As you had to be careful with who you associate with. Most people were more worried about drama then about getting the work done. But the post office definitely has its perks...you can listen to music, and the freedom to socialize with people from all types of different backgrounds. Its about your mindset going in...as long you keep yourself motivated and maintain a positive attitude ..you will be successful. One last thing...what they say...Money talks and the rest walks..smh I was 20 something years old making 60k. The Overtime they throw at you is unbelievable!!! So if you’re motivated bu money..go for it.
You can have headphones
Unorganized
Munkahelyi kultúra
At the time I was soft there OT was called a lot and there wasn’t enough workers! When I go back we will see the difference was told it’s enough help now !! Just hope they doing the Social Distance it’s Very Important
I don’t no
The breaks need to b a hour if we working 12hrs daily
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place 50/50. Great place to work, but will overwork you.The carrier path I chose was a PTF. Didnt really think much of it until, I was working extreme long hours and at different offices.I was working 12 hours a day/ 7 days in a row before even getting a day off.Everyone at the post office is great, friendly, and easy to work with. You'll never feel out of place.
coworkers, job
hours, multiple offices
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job gave me such bad anxiety in the beginning because I let them get in my head about hurrying up. Then reality hit and I thought no, it’s just mail. My experience with management has been great so far. My manager has been very helpful! I’m just struggling with the workload and longevity of this actual position. There’s a lot of heavy lifting, standing, walking, baking in the hot sun, and don't forget time restraints put on you. Is this good for long term? I’m sure the repetitive motions and everything else will start to wear on the body eventually... Overall I’ve enjoyed the pay the most.
Pro érvek
Helpful teammates because they’ve all been through what new employees are going through.
Kontra érvek
No work life balance, None career employee until 2+ years, On the road for hours no bathroom, Heavy workload daily especially after holiday, Rude customers waiting on mail
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is terrible because you come in at 3 a.m and leave at around 8 a.m and then come back the same day at 12 noon and you only get about 20 hrs per week. It's terrible because the supervisors do not know how to treat people, they enjoy humiliating people and enjoy making you feel like you belong to them. It's terrible because you only get a 10 minute break after working 5 hours non stop. It's terrible because there is a lot of gossip and back stabbing. It's terrible because they do not recognize hard work. From what I understand USPS used to be a good place to work, but unfortunately that's no longer the case. I always wanted to work for the p.o, but my dream has been chatered by an organization that's is stuck in the 80's and does not want to join the 21st century. The post office needs to be dismantled.
None- seriously.
Kontra érvek
Most of the regulars. Work shift. Ancient time card system for the temp employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long days as a newbie, once you become career its a cake walk. if you are a new hire you have to climb the tower of junk they throw at you from 16+hour days to being called in 14+ days in a row. pay is amazing but management depending on facility is decent at best and complete garbage at worst.
Pay, Overtime
Kontra érvek
Bad culture, Management sees you as a body nothing more
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love it here. The usps is a great place to work. All jobs have their ups and downs but at the USPS I have more ups than downs. The pay is great. The benefits are superb.
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job. However, horrible management only concerned with get mail delivered. Do not care about their employees at all. Totally understaffed due to the way they treat new employees. Expect you to work 7 days a week 12-14 hours a day! They only hire you as temporary and takes years to become a regular mail carrier. Would be a very good job if you were hired as a permanent employee and only worked 40-50 hours a week instead of 80-85 hours a week.
Pro érvek
Good co-workers, good pay and benefits if you ever become a regular
No work/ life balance, 80 hour work weeks, bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a terrible environment and the supervisors and management sucks. They don’t know how to talk to you and they don’t care about your well-being.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management only cares about getting the job done. Yes the hours and pay are good. You need to know your job and the rules front and back or management will try to walk all over you. Which sucks because you have to self educate yourself on stuff you shouldn’t have to worry about. Pay is always messed up because they manually type it in so you have to keep track of every single minute of the day you work which you shouldn’t have to do. You can’t make regular (career position) until a spot opens up which your told will take 1-2 years in academy classes but in reality depending on your office it can take 1-10 years.The list goes on. If you don’t mind a stressful job, poor management, but good pay and hours this is a good job for you.
Pro érvek
Good benefits once a regular, good pay, good hours
Kontra érvek
Poor management, no life outside of work, expected to do more than you should, to long of a wait to become career.
  1. Alkalmazotti értékelések