United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service Alkalmazotti bírálat

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
Mind a(z) 26 275 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Treated like a robot. Worked all weekends. frequently called in on day off.
facilities frequently out or broken due to not paying bills.

Postmasters aren't managers.
Pro érvek
union to protect you from psycho magement firings
no quality of life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have a job offer for a Rural Carrier Associate and I’m confused as to why I would be a part time on call employee working 40+ hours on a part time title
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good pay management sucks in some offices. Takes a while to become a regular. Some of the regulars will go slow so they can tell management they are behind and you have to finish their route.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was offered employment digitally with several digital requirements necessary with a short suspense. After having some difficulty with one of the automated digital requirements, I tried to contact an actual person to facilitate getting the required information submitted. I succeeded in talking to individuals who were willing to help, but it seems if you don't exactly meet the digital on-boarding requirements to the letter within 36 hours your employment offer is rescinded. Quite frustrating!
Government job
Government job
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is horrible! Management and District Units cover up so much dirt done within the postal service. Decent pay awful environments! Don’t do it
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place seems to be an environment with diverse culture. I would say the work as a mail handler is probably the most challenging jobs I have ever come across, and that depends on the workload or the area. As a mail handler expect body aches everyday being at home after a heavy workload. Everyday seems to be a challenge being a mail handler but the benefits are worth it being a full time career employee.
Pro érvek
There are wending machines to get foods.
Kontra érvek
Breaks are fifteen minutes or less.
Munkahelyi kultúra
not the same usps i started at in 1987 do give decent holidays especially xmas a lot of overtime because skeleton crew do not practice safety for corona will give mask and gloves and shield but no social distancing managemant has fallen into a terrible jam not their fault 1st class mail dying off will kill it in less tan 10 yrs most will be amazon,stichix private cos like that unless gov't stops meddling in their finances the gov't mandates they prefund pensions 75 yrs ahead no other co in us has to.
maintenance
mail processing
Munkahelyi kultúra
This office is very unwelcoming. Everyone there is overworked and as a result very unhappy. Most are all about gossip and the post master is unprofessional. I had high hopes for this job and am very disappointed
Postal vehicle provided
Everyone is mean
Munkahelyi kultúra
You need to be familiar with dysfunction to survive the postal environment. The money is there but if you stay long enough you will end up losing yourself to survival strategies. Id recommend this job to someone who's down bad, needing fast money. Get in and get out.
Lots of hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
No weekends and if you have kids you will not have time for them and you is treated like trash plus the managers and supervisors think there better than you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job just like any other Job is what you make it. Hours can be long due to being under staffed . Pay is good , If you're looking for an organized work place this is NOT IT! Most of MGT sucks .
pay
no benefits, micro management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not too bad. I would recommend working for the USPS. Becoming a career employee and getting the GOOD benefits can take years unless you are working in an area that is developing meaning getting new houses or businesses. You could be working for 12 days straight or more. Paid bi-weekly. Like I said before Not too bad.
Pro érvek
Benefits after you become a career employee
Kontra érvek
could take years to become a career employee
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at United States Postal Service are 18.56 an hour and 65 cents a mile

Collaboration with my colleagues at United States Postal Service is smooth. Most people are willing to help you.

Overall

My experience working at United States Postal Service is a very positive one.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overworked and underpaid. Hourly pay is not worth the wear and tear on your body. In order to receive a decent paycheck overtime is a must. That’s not good.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Overworked
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve always wanted to work at the PO USPS but seeing that they only care about getting the mail out and not really listening or caring about your needs it’sa difficult place to work.
Pay rate
Everyday mandatory IT
Work-life balance
There is zero work life balance

Overall

The pay is wonderful, but the hours were God awful. You will work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, so if you have a family or want a life outside of work, the job is not for you. Management doesn’t care about employees. If you get sick and even physically throw up in the building, if you think you’re going to leave, you’re fired. You’re just a number to them and it sucks, because fellow employees were all nice and helpful. The job itself is easy, but you will hurt. It’s very physically demanding. They offer decent breaks and have a nice lunch room. Like I said, the money is nice, but time with your family trumps the money imo.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would have liked my job had the management not been so negative and condescending. It is a VERY physically demanding job and all they do is push you to go faster. They don't care one bit about your safety or well being. Got injured and had no insurance because they don't offer it until you get on a Regular route. Then I got turned down for Worker's Compensation to fix my injured shoulder. It is a nightmare place to work. You have to purchase your own work vehicle before you even start the job. It is a dead end. Don't do it.
Decent hourly wage
Too many to list.
Munkahelyi kultúra
No regards for people they talk to you if you owe them a favor for being there. Changes your schedule to accommodate others at last min. Play favouritism allot.
Good pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for, but not the best for a home/work balance. Most positions start off at part time with no benefits, it takes time to become a career employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pros: Great people to work with. The carriers want you to succeed.

Cons: Management treats you like a number. They expect unattainable numbers. Work 10-12 hours per day. Also weekends and holidays are mandatory. Very poor training once you arrive at your home office. Especially on routes.
Very few