United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service Alkalmazotti bírálat

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
Mind a(z) 25 853 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is good for a young person with no life and no self worth. Everyone is rude and cut throat. Good luck during the holiday seasons. I am sure cattle is treated better than you will be.
Pro érvek
Plenty of hours if you want them
Kontra érvek
The job is hard on your body and management could care less about your health.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved the United States Post Office as a Clerk-Carrier there's room for a career n advancement your able to drive company vehicles go to businesses
Great team work
Kontra érvek
Dog routes they will bite pepper spray don't work n icy days
Munkahelyi kultúra
Aside from the overall culture involved it the job that position is pretty good. But the work environment is immature and chaotic panic inducing anxiety ridden stress pool. Very hard to determine whether the money makes it up for it
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the post office is a good thing. I can retire on the USPS. Longevity is important. It can be challenging as changes occur but all in all it’s a good place to work.
Pro érvek
Pay, benefits, job security.
Kontra érvek
Changes often. Slow road to advancement.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS promotes those who get in trouble because the union is so powerful. The worse you are the more likely you are to be promoted. Those who show up and do their job and do it well are then required to do the jobs of others who just don't have the time, or showed up late, or not at all. I had a route that the previous carrier took 8.5 hours to do every day, and I did it in under 5. This carrier threatened people at work, and walked out and quit. I was promoted, given the route, worked it for 7 months, when I was told the former employee and the union had fought to get his job back and it was his route again, and i would be demoted to part time carrier. Not to mention I had written approval to be off for my child's surgery and they called me in on that day and scheduled me and said they didn't care if my child was having surgery or that I had previously be given written approval by a previous postmaster, that if I didn't show, I would be considered AWOL and be put before a disciplinary board for termination.
You get paid for 8 hours even if it takes you 4
You get paid for 8 hours even if it takes you 12
Munkahelyi kultúra
You must purchase a right hand drive vehicle to even have a chance to be successful. You must be a quick-twitch type of person. You must be able to memorize large amounts of information. You must be fast at casing mail, sorting packages and delivering. You must be mentally tough because this job is a mental beat-down. You will work in the rain and heat as well. You'll spend considerable time repairing your car.
$18.56 per hour, $0.72 per mile
Kontra érvek
Unreasonable work load, no lunch, no breaks, 12 hard hours per day, 6 day work week, 72 hours per week, work every Sat/Sun/holiday, use your own car with numerous repair costs, inadequate & brief training, delivering NUMEROUS packages is the worst thing
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked for the USPS for 31 and a half years 👍🏿Great benefits and retirement. Vacation and sick leave is a plus. Job security 👍🏿Union is available.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a satisfying experience of sorting ,productive , informative, and satisfying experience to work at the postal service. The employee's were very helpful and took the time to explain things so you could understand and appreciate their efforts.
Pro érvek
Relaxed but productive place to aork
Not enough work time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Honestly depending on people at the station and the area you work in makes or breaks the job completely. Management usually treats you like a robot. The workers are usually helpful but sometimes they dont even bother talking. Walking up and down steps gets really gold after a while unless you get a route that's flat and maybe have some driving parts the job usually sucks. On days where the packages are heavy carrying weight on your back can really kill you too. I would say some of the good things are meeting new people, pay is alright, and eating where you want depending on the area lol. Dealing with the weather is another downside from being in the heat on the hottest days all day to freezing cold rain/snow. Definitely have to be ready mentally to hang in there for this type of work.
Pro érvek
pay, meet new people, freedom
Kontra érvek
Steps, management, weather, weight on your back.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Been an RCA for nearly three years in two different offices. Read many reviews on here about management. Some of it is true, but I've had some great supervisors as well. So i think it really just depends on the office.

The best thing about the job is the pay. I mean I work part-time about 25-30 hours a week and make more than many friends working full time. As an RCA you will work every single weekend and most of holidays because the regulars always take the day after those off. And it's usually very heavy mail volume so it's like doing two days work in one and only getting paid for one.

It's a fast paced and physical job, so better for a young person. You will have some great co-workers and some that seem like they're mad at the world. But it's one of those jobs where you really don't have to talk to them. I think I've learned some valuable things about customer service and have grown as a person. So I think overall working for USPS has been a positive experience.

I would try to apply at small or medium size office because it's just less stressful that way. There's no retirement or other benefits until you go full time, which in most cases will take years. Delivering for customers is probably the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pro érvek
Good Pay, part time, get to meet new people
Kontra érvek
No weekends off, very few benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Even thou still working for the USPS we at the end have a sence of helping each other out to finish the tasks. Working at the processing machines is simple, but a bit tasky. Once an employee lgets the hang of it , It becomes second nature.
Pro érvek
Good benefits and salary.
Kontra érvek
temps work exaggeratedly 12 hours daily and with only one day off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a horrible place to work. They treat you like a machine. You work six days a week which includes every Saturday and Sunday. You get one work day off each week but it can change from week to week so you can't plan anything. When you request time off, it is denied, which forces you to call in sick when you need a day off. Furthermore it is a very physical job. You have to carry a lot of heavy packages and you are on your feet 10 to 13 miles a day. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Kontra érvek
Too many hours and only one day off a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
You barely get training or poor training and are expected to be quick right in the beginning or you will get very few hours. The quicker you can get done the faster you can go home so they don't have to pay you a full 40 hours. If you spend 40 hours in your first week of training they will schedule you only 1 or 2 days to make sure you can't get 40 hours.
Pro érvek
no lunch, no breaks, get to go home after 5 to 6 hours.
Kontra érvek
only work 2 days a week if you try to get 8 hours a day in while training.
Munkahelyi kultúra
don't even apply to this place its horriable working condition and just a overall bad place to work at, you will work 12hr days and no days off with no weekends so say goodbye to all your friends and family they don't really care about you they will act like they do just to keep someone their
Munkahelyi kultúra
The people with the most seniority try to rule over you... they are better than you and you are treated badly as much as you do it’s never good enough
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everything is fast pace and you must learn quickly! The amount of work that is accumulated and finished within a short amount of time stands out the most!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Over Managed. The USPS is losing money because it has too many supervisors and managers. Their answer too the problems is to hire more supervisors and managers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Physical fast paced work environment with very helpful management that was always there to support me on my route. It can get very busy at times but all my coworkers were dedicated.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Your estimated route time is how long they think it will take you to run a route.
That route time is based on experienced carriers, and a pre-pandemic workload.

As you can imagine, online shopping has increased and that means an estimated route is 8 hours but it'll take you closer to 10 or 12 depending on the route. That means you might be working a 60 hour week and only getting paid for 40.

They may only schedule you for 1 day a week, but you can't work a second job because you need to be available to them all 7 days.

You will regularly be scheduled for one day and come in the next day and you're working 5 days with no notification. You need to check that schedule every day.

The trucks you drive are barely operational and not street safe.

Expect to break down. Often.

PS the truck might spontaneously combust.

And RCAs/ ARCs dont qualify for federal benefits until they make "regular." Which you can't until someone retires.

You will work every holiday and weekend.

"But the post office is closed sundays and federal holidays?" You aren't. They made a contract with amazon and you're working it.
No nights
everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
over all it is a great place to work if you can keep up the heavy lifting, pulling and the repetitive work load. The people you work with is just like any other work environment some good some not so good. but not there to make friends there to work. If just so happen to make a friend or two is a plus(bonus). Management is like any other some good at what they do some are not. Great place to work!!!!
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés