United States Postal Service Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 16 034 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Company that has good Benfits
Lead SSA Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Linden, TX2018, július 17.
A company that has great benefits. Hard work, and good pay.
I have made some Great Friends at USPS and have meet some Great People in different communities.
Pay/Benifits
Too many to talk about
Dependent on your situation
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Clair, MI2018, július 17.
Starting on the rural side as an RCA can be difficult to make enough money to live off of. You aren't guaranteed many hours until you start to rise up the seniority list and have to scrounge to get by for a bit if you live on your own. I started at the age of 19 and still lived with my parents so this was a viable option. If you are in a situation where you need to make ends meet though I can't recommend this job. There are almost no benefits as an RCA and it could take up to 15 years to make regular which is the goal everyone will have. Job isn't overly difficult, package volume makes things more difficult than it did a few years ago, but easily doable to keep an eight hour work day. Job is difficult on some of the older carriers and makes for a difficult workplace culture at times as their miserable and negative outlook on things kinda weights the atmosphere down.
Pro érvek
Work on your own, decent pay
Kontra érvek
No benefits until full time, bad union, sometimes clueless upper management
Under paid
Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greensboro, NC2018, július 16.
I was only promised one day a week and I was living in Salem and traveling to Tualatain. It was not worth the commute. I could not raise my son on the wages.
Excelente
Casual Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Juan, PR2018, július 16.
Excelente experiencia despues de haber pasado el huracán
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced environment, need good customer service skills, patience
PTF Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Montross, VA2018, július 16.
A typical day is always fast paced. You must be ready to break down APCs and scan packages for the carriers when the mail truck arrives. You want to get your carriers out on the road at a reasonable time frame so they all can get back on time for the mail truck. You must have a good memory to know routes. While doing that, you also have to multitask by working the window and assisting customers. You must be able to deal/cope with mixed feelings and emotions in this type of environment. You have some good Management and some bad but you still need to continue to do your job and hold your head up high.
Long lunch breaks
Kontra érvek
Not enough hours and split shifts
bad dirty place to work
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2018, július 16.
deliver the mail on different routes everyday. I was an temporary employee so whoever didn't want to deliver their mail that day I had to there was no choice. very dirty and cut throat business. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
bad place to work
Good Place to work
Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, július 16.
Im sure there have been many of changes since I was employed as a casual at USPS. I was fresh out of high school when I worked as a casual/temp worker the regular workers knew the routine in which many slacked but that was the culture at the BMC. Casuals got raises every 6 months but usually resulted in relocation. I was in a bad accident and could return to work as schedule and was terminated. I enjoyed working there lots of older veterans a nice chilled laid back crowd.
Good place to start
no benefits or PTO, Seasonal/casual
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work load was overwheming for everyone
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Easton, MD2018, július 16.
They have mail carriers who've been working for 20+ years that no longer want to work, but still want to collect a check. Those guys are backed by a union so the extra work that's left is put on the new guys. So on top of our own full days work, we were asked to complete someone else incomplete work & get it done in a timely fashion. Nearly impossible without taking shortcuts on safety & quality. The work vehicles are terrible, one step away from being inoperable & when you complete a form about the condition of the vehicles repair needs, it get ignored. I work in the Easton, MD location not sure if that's the case in other cities.
Pro érvek
good pay, great health care
management is the worst
Munkahelyi kultúra
Straight-forward job, pretty easy, long days in the winter months.
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lancaster, NH2018, július 16.
I liked the job for the most part with the major downside being a lack of career advancement. I was lucky enough to fill in full time for a regular carrier for 9 months. Once the regular carrier came back full time I was down to 1 day a week/every other week. This ultimately made my decision to change jobs.
Pro érvek
Working alone 99% of the time, no one to criticize how you do your job.
Kontra érvek
Required the purchase of a POV in order to perform job functions.
Cool vibe
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, július 16.
Hard rigorous labor job. Great benefits and security in that sense. Hardly anytime to enjoy off apart of an machine that keeps America running 24/7 . Be ready for that
Munkahelyi kultúra
Part time carrier, 38 hours.
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Lebanon, NY2018, július 16.
No benefits or paid time off. Job itself was stress free although challenging at times(around holidays and poor weather). Positive work atmosphere and friendly people.
Pro érvek
You are in charge of your days work.
Kontra érvek
No full time benefits, no chance to get there.
Productive, fast paced
Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sandston, VA2018, július 16.
Its a great place to work. If you are in school probably not the best job with school schedule.I got hired for holiday season its a great place of work to get all the over time you desire.
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun place to work with good guidlines
Clerk II (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stockbridge, GA2018, július 16.
the time I work there part-time I had a great experience working there.the pay and the benfits good and supervisor was very patience with employee if they came cross a problem
Rural Carrier Associate
Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raymond, IL2018, július 16.
I enjoyed my job as a RCA, however, there is very little advancement opportunity. Also, they treat their part-time employees poorly. I worked for 4 years as an RCA on a AUX route (36 hrs weekly) then one day I came into work and they told me as of tomorrow they are dissolving my route....went from making $40,000 a year to begging for work! Not a good thing....I am a single mom trying to support my family and thought I had a good job....
Pro érvek
2 hours in office and then in a car by yourself all day, oved driving in country and getting to know my customers.
Kontra érvek
no job security and lack of respect from management.
It was good experience
Mail Carrier, Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL2018, július 16.
They did not hire full time in the 9 years of my life I gave them, however they always false promised it. So I chose to go to college and try and different route.
Working outside
Sometimes chaotic
Did not like the job
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Point, MS2018, július 16.
Never knew when u would be working. I would get called in to relieve other carriers at any time. Always had to work saturdays and around holidays. Never was able go on vacations due to might get called in
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive long work hours very fast pace
Mail Carrier: Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Akron, OH2018, július 16.
Good place to work but they required you to take a postal test I took many postal test and work 15years as a postal clerk and carrier and never given a postal career job worked full-time hours and was laid off. but still good place to work but sometime unfair with job placement. hardest part of job was working long hours in bad weather conditions being chased by dogs on your route. But enjoyed walking each day keep you in shape.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a relaxed work enviroment
Mail Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2018, július 15.
I like working at the post office very much the pay is ok not enough pay for cost of living.Its hard labor which i like fast pace work and time effeciency.
Overtime
Kontra érvek
Work schedule hard to get days to attend to my kids scholl scedule.
Every
City Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, július 15.
The job is physical lots of walking up an down the steps streets, heavy lifting and unfriendly people’s. One the people’s know you as their regular mail carrier they have a better attitude. It really has a lot to do with day by day (how you feel and how the customers feel).
Personal insight
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lee, FL2018, július 15.
My most enjoyable part o the job is when I come in and is able to have casual conversations with my co-workers almost about anything and everything. It makes me feel like we are family.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van