United States Postal Service Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 17 274 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hyattsville, MD2018, október 18.
The postal service has changed a lot since I’ve first started. Managment constantly gives employees unsafe an unethical duties. Working beyond Labor Laws. The company treats employees like there in boot camp. Constantly threatening to fire employees to put fear in there heart. Just not a safe place to work.
N/A
Hard Work
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Moncks Corner, SC2018, október 18.
Very hard work . You have to be fast and have to be down for what ever weather comes your way. I was working from my personal vehicle at which I felt was dangerous.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working with the customers I came in contact with and also with the other employees.
Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cleveland, OH2018, október 18.
I enjoyed assisting customers in decision making and inquiries and in their mail decisions. The Post Office is a fast pace organization that requires perfection in your daily work ethics.
Pro érvek
Salary, benefits (such as health care, dental and vision)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Combative workplace violence, and other misnomers
Mail Handler Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh P&DC2018, október 18.
Working for the Post Office was a dream for me since I was in high school. I was picked up as a MHA and was told this job has no direct supervisor, your moved at will to any place they willed, time off for medical was not guaranteed, if there was a sectional problem with another co work you would be moved not them. Etc.

While working for the post office in my capacity, I was threatened at work in front of other employees by a hostile employee with a record of violence , promises that I would have medical appointment days off or half days off but were rescinded at will, recorded conversations of misdealings with staff and Management, passed out in the job and they threatened my job stating that you are a awesome worker however your job is now in jeopardy.

I am a physically fit worker, former military but I had to pull the weight of two three workers as I was contantly placed in areas where I had to pick up the slack and assist only to see con workers on phones, talking to each other, playing music and games on phones, and or talking if exploits while on the job.

Not backed by the union who by the way makes you join it but does not back you up when you are tossed out the door. I even had to train my replacement who knew I was being asked to leave before me.

Co workers are in parking lot having sex, making deals, fighting, or defacing other people’s vehicles. People clock out or not for a half hour lunch then come back a hour and a half later and then eat it on the floor while working around dangerous machines when policy states no food around machinery.

Also
  több... if you get hot easily there are areas where it’s so hot that you will loyally pass out from heat and exhaustion.

If you want you blood pressure and anxiety rising before you even enter the building, unexplained absences from coworkers, and having to push 400 pounds wire cages around by yourself while everyone else drive vehicles that you cannot ride our assigned to them this is the place for you.

I planned to retire here in the postal system but I guess someone has other plans for me.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Going home at end of day
Kontra érvek
Hostile work environment, workplace violence, unproductive lazy coworkers, poor management, stressful, combative environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mail Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Norfolk, VA2018, október 18.
This was a nice place to work however, I was considered a casual (another word for temp). As a casual you are not able to receive benefits. This job was fast paced, but not stressful.
Three shifts, constant work
Waiting list for employment
Munkahelyi kultúra
rush and fast was the pigest fun at Uspost.
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chanhassen, MN2018, október 17.
sorting paper is the starting point in the morning.
ordering packages are second sorting.
fast and rush is the USPOST job culture.
hardest part was sorting papers and delivering mails at winter time
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is a reson they are voted most miserable employees year after year
PSE Clerk - Responsibilities (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cranberry Twp, PA2018, október 17.
Where to even start. Management doesnt have a clue what happens on the work floor. If you aren't a career employee you'll be treated like garbage and either work 4 or 12 hours a day 6 days a week and still not get overtime. The career employees are paid $14 more an hour and will stand around, arms crossed, and do nothing. If you ask them to help they will say "I dont have to I'm a Regular". Regulars are easy to spot: just find the 55+yr olds who have never worked anywhere else, weigh 300lbs+, and have a dead look in their eyes and they spend 7hrs of their garunteed 8 hour shift talking to the on floor supervisor. Non-career employees get fired for taking an extra 5 minutes on their lunch whereas Regulars can take an hour long lunch, half of which they do on the clock but they will vehemently deny this. This was the most poorly run business I've ever seen. They close facility after facility because half the workforce make double their non-career counterparts but do none of the work and since it is unionized the only way to get rid of Regulars is to eliminate jobs by closing plants or replacing machines with ones that require fewer employees. I cant wait to leave this sinking ship. Forbes called the Post Office the fastest job becoming obsolete.
Pro érvek
You get a paycheck if they file it correctly
Everything. Management, coworkers, everything. Its a nightmare
Munkahelyi kultúra
good job, not so good hours
Rural Carrier Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Blue Valley, UT2018, október 17.
Working at the post office is very challenging. It is not just throwing mail into a mailbox. You have to sort out mail and packages and get them to the right customer within a certain time frame. I learned that working outdoors is not a good option for me. I liked my managers.
Good starting wage
Kontra érvek
uncertainty with hours for first year
Tough Place To Work
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Falls Church, VA2018, október 17.
I averaged walking 60 MILES a week for the 72 days that I worked for the United States Postal Service... However, I was not able to walk those miles fast enough, so I didn't make it out of the 90 day probationary period.
Good Pay
Very Poor Job security
Postmaster
Postmaster (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lawn, PA2018, október 17.
I loved my position with the postal service. I was a postmaster in a small office. I loved serving the community. I respected my customers and they respected me. They downsized my post office so I retired with 37 years of service.
usps
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Salisbury, NC2018, október 17.
if you have small kids don't apply because they don't care about if you pick them up at daycare or if they are sick .On a typical work day you never know if you are going to be able to go home after you finish the route you were schedule for. if someone call out you will have to do your route and part of there route, Which makes you get off as late as 9pm.
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Challenging but interesting workplace with potential for growth.
Regular Sr (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, október 17.
A typical day at work is fast paced, I learned that everything is timed and percentages must be met.
Management never hassled me because I was good at my percentages, 100%.
The workers might seem laid back, but everyone is working diligently trying to get the workload out and delivered.
Being able to review everything you are delivering and receiving in a timely manner is the most difficult part of your job, but if with practice nothing is difficult. it can be tiring, but just keep going forward.
Though difficult at times, the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be interactions with customers. Smiles are contagious, so I always offered smiles out throughout my service.
Never boring
Kontra érvek
Thoughts of not being able to deliver everything by the end of the day
Never good enough
Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ardmore, OK2018, október 17.
Extremly micro managed, even if you do your job management is always pushing for more so they can get their bonus. If you get hurt on the job they will look to find anyway it could have been your fault never taking the blame for anything. If its 110 degrees outside they still dont care they want you to run and if you pass out of heatstroke they will blame you and tell you they warned you of the symptoms. Your coworkers are alright most of them are whiny and angry because everyone is in such a bad mood from working 6 days sometimes 7 days a week.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Non stop on the go, with more than accurate deliveries everyday of the job
Regular Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Vacaville, CA2018, október 17.
I Love the interaction with my customers and knowing what I need to get everyday! The hardest part of the job is making all the deliveries in a timely manner. So prioritizing is very important in maintaining the deliveries in nine hours everyday!
Pro érvek
I'm able to go home after my route has been delivered even if I finish under the evaluated time!
Inhumane
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 17.
Lack of supplies necessary to complete simple task makes an easy job difficult. Managers are overloaded with work which causes them to be irrational at times.
Overtime
30 minute lunch breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stable and challenging career at the postal service
Letter carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Canton, OH2018, október 17.
Fast paced environment as each and every day a challenge to get that days mail sorted and delivered in a safe and timely manor. Many factors involved each day were volume and make up of mail , weather, local traffic and other daily changes to your routine.
Pro érvek
Stable and well compensated employment
Weather
Rural Carrier
Rural Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Spotsylvania, VA2018, október 17.
I was a full time rural carrier with no benefits because I was not considered permanent. It is a scale system the first in are the ones that receives the permanent positions
job security
Good job
Officer in Charge / Postmaster Relief (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Newfield, ME2018, október 17.
Lots of information and regulations to learn, but if you ever have a question there was always somebody else to call for help. The downfall is the unions make it difficult for employees who are not in the unions to advance.
Fast paced
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Burlington, WI2018, október 17.
The Post Office is no joke. You have 90 days to prove you can do any route they ask you to do just as well as the regular. if they have any doubt in the first 90 days you're gone.
Self monitored
Fighting the clock
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want no life, you want to work here
Postal Support Employee Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, október 17.
If you love management that work their people to death and have no care, then work here. There is a reason that this place has a below 50% retention rate.
Pro érvek
Can save up paid leave, decent money
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van