United States Postal Service Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 16 044 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bldg mechanic (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richmond, VA2018, július 18.
Good place to work, upward mobility available, training available. Good salary for starting positions and competitive salary for long term career employment.
Safeworking environment good benefits. Travel is optional.
Security
Off hours work
Usps
CLERK (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, július 18.
Great for individuals who love working over time. The managers are tough. Relocation is available for seasoned employees. Retirement preparation is available with a 401K, health and dental coverage.
Growing pay, relocation
Hard management, Strict schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
a day at the post office
Accounting Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Corpus Christi, TX2018, július 17.
a day at work would consist of a day of faxing, typing,filing adding machine.talking on the phone emailing. the work place was a nice atmosphere . the most enjoyable thing about the job was the friendships that you gain.
benefit
short breaks
Typical Day at the Office
City Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Capitol Heights, MD2018, július 17.
Come in the morning receive instructions, organize mail, parcels, and magazines. Load up the truck, scan departure bar code and depart to route. Deliver all mail in a timely manner and address all customers complaints and concerns. Take lunch within a 30 minute window, and report back to the station unless otherwise instructed to go assist another employee.
Pro érvek
Pays better than most jobs, can become a career if no better option is available, once a career employee you will receive benefits, work daytime hours(1st-Shift), etc...
Kontra érvek
It may be a long time before a CCA becomes a carrier employee, weather conditions, no A/C in vehicles, vehicles breakdown frequently, may not have a lot of family time, work 6-7 days a week. etc...
Worst Job of my Life
RURAL CARRIER ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Silverdale, WA2018, július 17.
I was a Rural Carrier Assistant. I was scheduled for only 1 day every 2 weeks on one route. This seemed fine because I was in school anyway and I knew I'd be on call for all other days. It was not fine. Not only would My regular call out constantly, I soon figured out that all the other assistants were quitting due to overwork so I was thrown on all other routes as well. It got to the point where I had to tell my supervisor I was going to fail out of school if I didn't get more time off. He tried to accommodate me but people just kept quitting and there were no other subs to help. I finally had to leave when I was scheduled 6 days in a row for 2 weeks, for like the 10th time. Also, the subs are treated like garbage. They were thrown on routes they didn't even know. If they weren't back before six the other subs working that day had to go BACK out after a 9-10hr shift to help them finish. I averaged 10hrs a shift. Id be pretty whiped out by the time I got to my homework. Also, when you do your assigned route you get paid "evaluated" time instead of hourly. The evaluated times were bogus and not adjusted for the RIDICULOUS amount of Amazon package that would grow in volume on a weekly basis. I would work 2 hrs over the evaluated time on the route on a regular basis and not be paid for it. When I noticed I was behind I would skip lunch to avoid more unpaid time at work. This pay system encourages employees to rush through their jobs and results in reckless driving, damaging product, etc. The Post office claims to care about your safety while making you drive  több... death trap vehicles that can reach 100 degrees in the summer with no AC. USPS is just another job where a company tries to figure out how much they can work someone before they break. Would have made things slightly better if they offered paid vacation or sick leave. They dont. If you want health insurance be prepared to give up half your paycheck as well. Dont expect any benefits, weekends, or free time in general if you work there. I know I've basically rambled but theres too much to complain about.  kevesebb
Hourly wage
Kontra érvek
Always getting called in, never knowing what the day holds until you walk in the door
no work life balance
City Carrier Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Westport, CT2018, július 17.
management sucks period. No work and family and work at any weather which sucks. i wish i never applied for this job. waist of my family time almost lost my marriage.
Kontra érvek
not for some one with family
Munkahelyi kultúra
Personnel Processing Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greensboro, NC2018, július 17.
Great job to have, It was only temporary love doing data entry daily and working second shift for 8 hours. Wish the job didn't end as quick as it did.
Learning new material
Just temporary
Munkahelyi kultúra
Normally it was a lot to do so focus on your goal is important
Forklift Mailhandler and Acting Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, július 17.
Over time I found out that bad choices and lack of plans caused much of the haggard looks and regret in retirement. The Lord helped me to set goals for myself that aligned with the goal of the company. A more positive outlook and definite expectations for my time and energy was the overwhelming game changer for me to get an awesome workout everyday at the job while accomplishing my professional goals. Win/Win
Great way to developed the Gifts of the Spirt
Kontra érvek
Tough staying positive with so many negative people
great place to work
Postal Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hamilton, NJ2018, július 17.
great place to work quick paced.
your job changes daily.
you could go from sending mail out on crates to sorting mail with a machine or you could be sending totes out on delivery with other drivers.
the hours are long
Kontra érvek
your assignment changes daily.
Rural
Mail Carrier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Southern OHIO2018, július 17.
This position has no opportunities for advancement. You are considered a noncareer employee that only can bid on another rural carrier position if someone retires. Other positions within the post office are available to the general public and you have no seniority over an outsider applying even if you have been employed through them for 17 years, like myself. They will not accept for any reason any kind of absence. You must be available to work when called to come in regardless of not being on the schedule. Management will expect and lecture you on safety talks and procedures yet they expect you to deliver everything no matter what or how fast you have to go to achieve this. Expect to cry and be completely taken over by stress on a daily basis at Christmas time. Expect to work over the hours your scheduled and not be paid for them, because you are paid an evaluated rate due to mail count that only happens once every 4 years and is completely unfair because of Amazon. The most enjoyable part of this job is being out on the route where you do not have to be around management or coworkers that are constantly complaining. My only reason for staying is that I am paid well due to how many years I have been there and I'm older now. I have wasted too many years thinking I was going to get full time with government benefits and now I have no other skills or opportunities to change fields or go back to school without making no money or starting over in life. This job is great for college students that only want to work on Saturdays and new moms that have available babysitting at a moments  több... notice that want to stay home with their babies. If you are looking for a career within the post office with opportunities for advancement apply for a CCA, PSE, or management.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
you understand stress and fast paced work environment
too many to list
Company that has good Benfits
Lead SSA Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Linden, TX2018, július 17.
A company that has great benefits. Hard work, and good pay.
I have made some Great Friends at USPS and have meet some Great People in different communities.
Pay/Benifits
Too many to talk about
Dependent on your situation
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Clair, MI2018, július 17.
Starting on the rural side as an RCA can be difficult to make enough money to live off of. You aren't guaranteed many hours until you start to rise up the seniority list and have to scrounge to get by for a bit if you live on your own. I started at the age of 19 and still lived with my parents so this was a viable option. If you are in a situation where you need to make ends meet though I can't recommend this job. There are almost no benefits as an RCA and it could take up to 15 years to make regular which is the goal everyone will have. Job isn't overly difficult, package volume makes things more difficult than it did a few years ago, but easily doable to keep an eight hour work day. Job is difficult on some of the older carriers and makes for a difficult workplace culture at times as their miserable and negative outlook on things kinda weights the atmosphere down.
Pro érvek
Work on your own, decent pay
Kontra érvek
No benefits until full time, bad union, sometimes clueless upper management
Under paid
Mail Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greensboro, NC2018, július 16.
I was only promised one day a week and I was living in Salem and traveling to Tualatain. It was not worth the commute. I could not raise my son on the wages.
Excelente
Casual Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Juan, PR2018, július 16.
Excelente experiencia despues de haber pasado el huracán
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced environment, need good customer service skills, patience
PTF Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Montross, VA2018, július 16.
A typical day is always fast paced. You must be ready to break down APCs and scan packages for the carriers when the mail truck arrives. You want to get your carriers out on the road at a reasonable time frame so they all can get back on time for the mail truck. You must have a good memory to know routes. While doing that, you also have to multitask by working the window and assisting customers. You must be able to deal/cope with mixed feelings and emotions in this type of environment. You have some good Management and some bad but you still need to continue to do your job and hold your head up high.
Long lunch breaks
Kontra érvek
Not enough hours and split shifts
bad dirty place to work
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2018, július 16.
deliver the mail on different routes everyday. I was an temporary employee so whoever didn't want to deliver their mail that day I had to there was no choice. very dirty and cut throat business. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
bad place to work
Good Place to work
Mail Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, július 16.
Im sure there have been many of changes since I was employed as a casual at USPS. I was fresh out of high school when I worked as a casual/temp worker the regular workers knew the routine in which many slacked but that was the culture at the BMC. Casuals got raises every 6 months but usually resulted in relocation. I was in a bad accident and could return to work as schedule and was terminated. I enjoyed working there lots of older veterans a nice chilled laid back crowd.
Good place to start
no benefits or PTO, Seasonal/casual
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work load was overwheming for everyone
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Easton, MD2018, július 16.
They have mail carriers who've been working for 20+ years that no longer want to work, but still want to collect a check. Those guys are backed by a union so the extra work that's left is put on the new guys. So on top of our own full days work, we were asked to complete someone else incomplete work & get it done in a timely fashion. Nearly impossible without taking shortcuts on safety & quality. The work vehicles are terrible, one step away from being inoperable & when you complete a form about the condition of the vehicles repair needs, it get ignored. I work in the Easton, MD location not sure if that's the case in other cities.
Pro érvek
good pay, great health care
management is the worst
Munkahelyi kultúra
Straight-forward job, pretty easy, long days in the winter months.
Rural Carrier Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lancaster, NH2018, július 16.
I liked the job for the most part with the major downside being a lack of career advancement. I was lucky enough to fill in full time for a regular carrier for 9 months. Once the regular carrier came back full time I was down to 1 day a week/every other week. This ultimately made my decision to change jobs.
Pro érvek
Working alone 99% of the time, no one to criticize how you do your job.
Kontra érvek
Required the purchase of a POV in order to perform job functions.
Cool vibe
City Carrier Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, július 16.
Hard rigorous labor job. Great benefits and security in that sense. Hardly anytime to enjoy off apart of an machine that keeps America running 24/7 . Be ready for that
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van