United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények
Munkavállalói értékelés – United States Postal Service

A very interesting “culture”

Munka és magánélet aránya
Bérezés/juttatások
Munkahelyi biztonság/Előrelépés
Vezetőség
Munkahelyi kultúra
2019, augusztus 28.
This is regarding my experience at the West Sacramento P&DC (6 years). Working at the “plant” was interesting the average worker is entitled and emboldened by a union that enables behavior that would find you out in the street in private industry. Likewise many in management are enabled by the crony system to act and treat people below them in an appalling fashion. An average night flew by, as it was extremely fast paced, as a supervisor you are in charge of a “unit” and the success of it overseeing anywhere from 10-50 employees. You are given a portable 2 way radio used for instant communication and planning. The radio was also a platform for managers to scream and embarrass their supervisors to the audience of whoever had a radio which is 40+ people. This behavior wasn’t only seen by middle managers, a more “senior” manager would come around and do the same thing to those managers below them. This is the culture. All the way up. I personally have a high tolerance to stress, not everyone does. Managers above me have had heart attacks on the workroom floor because of this. When this happens nothing changes you’d think when people start collapsing on the floor behavior would be reviewed. So I’m actually don’t want to write any longer so I’ll wrap it up. If you are a young person looking to take this job I would say this will teach you if you have grit, as it is not for the faint of heart. As a slightly older adult I’ve realized there is so much more available regarding every facet of a career there could be out there. Income, benefits, culture all of these are more fruitful elsewhere, - több...
Értékelések kategória szerint
1,0
Vezetőség
Céges kultúra
Pro érvek
Friendships that you build from covering each others butts if you aren’t a snake, Benefits aren’t bad
Kontra érvek
Literally everything else
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?