United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service Alkalmazotti bírálat

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
25 283 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 25 284 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
summary
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Great company
I have enjoyed my career at the postal service. Very good leave program. Many opportunities to advance within the company. Many opportunities to transfer from state to state.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast pace and friendly environment.
I learned how the mail system is and how it gets delivered. As a city carrier, I believe they should train more on the regular routes instead of putting you on the streets too soon.
Stressfull
Stressful, too many cliques, not enough time on same route to learn corrrectly. Said I did not need my own vehicle, but in order to work had to have one for delivering mail.
Great people
Good people very helpful it’s a fast paste
Job ur on the go very good job I loved it I would go back and do it it was so much fun and learned a lot from it
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Rural Post Offices
Usps is micro managing trying to stay alive and compete with the internet. They are losing and therefore shutting down rural post offices. Big city post offices will stay around for awhile but for how long??
The cost of Rural carriers were being looked at as well five years ago.
Staple of the Community
The USPS is a very demanding yet rewarding career. It requires organization and more physically demanding work than some would imagine. It requires great customer service skills due to the interactions with customers. Although it can be very demanding it is also very rewarding. The benefits are stellar and retirement options are top-notch.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Benefits but hostile work environment
A typical day is a breeze if management is having a great day. I've learned that I am there strictly to do a job and to the best of my ability while learning all skill trades along the way. Management is unprofessional and creates a hostile work environment. There is no longer a such thing as workplace culture. When the greats retired so did the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the hostile work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference within the community, giving back, ensuring the services we offer are executed and with grace.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Hostile work environment
Not for the weak
This job is doable but takes a hard worker because it is physically demanding. You are out in the weather no matter what. Currently there's greater risk due to all that's going on in our country but the people, the public, depend on us to deliver their mail, medicine, supplies, etc. It's an honor to be needed.
Position is everything
Enjoyed my co-workers Didn’t like the Princeton location or being a PTF should have stated PSE was better position and better work which I enjoyed always loved my job
Good pay
Pay
I know as a rural carrier that we do more work than the regulars and we should get paid the same rate as they do even though we are the relief workers cause when a regular is on a 2 week or longer vacation we hold that route down like its ours
An experience within itself
This is a very hard job, you got to be very energetic to work here, All the departments are hard manual labor, so, you have to be capable of lifting 50 to 75lbs., in weight, to do your job in all departments, within the area you work in.
nice to work /
give more days of contract ( 360 ) be considerate no bureaucracy
and if you give another contract to employee fulfill it..and remove those employees that are so very very LAZY...hope the administration ang government will give an action to these

and hoping in the future ill be back to work to the usps
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not all is cracked up to be
Unfair, biased, petty place to work. High stress and the benefits are only basic. I’ve had a miserable time working at this company. They sniff out that you are a person that doesn’t want to be bothered and stay trying to make it hard for you.
Hire experienced managers
Good pay with excellent benefits.if you are lazy don’t apply to work in Postal Service. Because we need commitment from you that you care about our postal service.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Customers!!! They are so grateful for the work we do!!!
newbies given the hardest routes no one else wants. My ’manager’ stood by and yelled at me for now working faster. He then proceeded to show me how to stash certain classes of mail under the file drawer in my work area because there’s wasn’t time to deal with those today’. He filled in on routes where there was no coverage. He provided such horrible customer service that people would call in to complain. I listened as one call came in where he proceeded to lie right in front of me and blame me for the error! Other seasoned employees were extremely cocky and only a few would help support the new person. I am SO SADDENED to see how our government is operating.
Excellent
It was amazing and I loved every second of every experience there.
Management was fair and my supervisor was amazing.

I wish I could do it all over again.
Horrible place to work
First off, from about 10 managers I dealt with, about maybe 3 were compassionate and helped you out and only because they had gone through what you go through when you start. The rest, treated you like you were in the army. They think they own you or they have power over you like a dictator does. I was a CCA and a PSE clerk. CCA is cool just because youre on the street and dont really have anyone on you as long as you do your job. The downside to it is that since youre the new guy, they slam you with work. Oh you finished your route? Go do P.O. boxes. Oh you finished early? Go help out this other carrier down the street. It may seem like its not much, but after about 9 hrs of walking in the sun and then they keep telling you to work, you let me know how you feel about that. As a PSE clerk, you deal alot with customers. That was actually pretty cool because its a different interaction with every transaction. Your day starts at 3 am unloading trucks into your station and then you have to start slanging boxes and parcels for the carriers to be able to leave by 9 am, after that they send you home for about 3-4 hrs and make you come back, but to another station and then they work you until about 7-8 at night. Do it all over again the next day. Your day off? Good luck if you even get one. I didn't get a day off for almost 2 months at a time because one of the stations were so backed up with packages that workers from other counties had to come help. The only way youre moving up is if someone retires which is really hard to come by because everyone wants to keep their benefits and - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and inspiring work atmosphere
Awesome workplace with engaging and personable people who care about the work environment. Management is transparent and holds employees accountable especially when it comes to their work,
Munkahelyi kultúra
An Interesting Place to Work For...
The post office is one of those companies that you really just have to work for to fully understand what goes on; it's too hard to explain otherwise. Nevertheless, it's an interesting place to work for indeed...
The money can be made
Poor management
Try it for yourself ...
Working 7, 8, 9 or 10 days in a row with 1 day off, then back at it again. Management browbeats, intimidates, humiliates and minimizes employee’s efforts; it’s a miserable work environment; vehicles are accidents waiting to happen; carrier cases for sorting mail are from the 19th century and do not accommodate 21st century mail volume and type; not capable of having a life outside of work.
Pro érvek
Big paychecks from all the overtime
Overtime, work environment, culture
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés