Travelers

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 2 280 értékelés megmutatása

Not an ideal workplace

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Travelers is a company that is more concerned about 'numbers', rather than having a proper work-life balance for their employees. The company has a high turnover of adjusters, which is reflective of their inability to create an atmosphere that is conducive for productivity.

Pro érvek

Higher starting salary than other like companies

Kontra érvek

Working hours and production required
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great for some people just not me!

Worked at Travelers almost a full year. Didn’t last because I realized that I was not enough of a people person to be on the phone full time working customer service!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good work/life balance with a variety of opportunities

Developers at Travelers can work on a variety of things, from python, ML and data analysis to devops to web development. If you're a competent developer you can move around the company and get involved in what you want. They offer good benefits and a fairly low-stress environment. The only downside for me is that Travelers is a bit old-school, so there are people there who still support and maintain extremely old technology, and their security practices may prohibit you from using your preferred software and tools. As an example, I had to use a locked-down windows machine, where I could be more effective in a unix environment. We also also occasionally wrote new apps in .NET, because some senior devs and architects are hesitant to learn newer, more efficient amd appropriate languages.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Overwhelming and stressful at times

Environment is metrics heavy. All about the numbers. Many moving parts. Hard to stay afloat at times. Insurance is great. Nice they still offer a pension!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Stressful work but overall great place to work

I enjoy being a part of the Travelers culture. Everyone genuinely wants the best for one another. The only issue is some of your coworkers do not pull their weight, and it falls back on the employees who do their jobs. I would recommend the job, but claim intake is tough work. Be ready to be stressed almost every day.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Great training and benefits

Travelers is a great place to work. Great training, manager support and benefits. Can be a little metric heavy at times. But you get bonuses for performing well.

Good Company

Overall a good company and good people. Each department is different in how things are run. Workload is heavy and seems a lot work after hours just to stay caught up.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good management and work culture, but high stress and workload.

Management is encouraging and culture is good, but workload expectations makes the job overbearing and highly stressful. Some managers are better than others.

A lot of work

Work load is heavy, everyone is averaging about 190 claims. Constant turn overs, it’s overwhelming. What I can say is that it’s a good company, they are trying.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A strong company with some post-covid pains.

This job was the best I'd ever had when I first started. The pay was great, the work was challenging but good, and the management cared about you and had enough sway to make room for employee's needs. It's grown far more difficult in the past two years however. With a lot of movements in management there is now more guidelines and more strict guidelines. It's difficult to keep up with the huge increase in work due to less people in the department, and the only refuge offered from the now-difficult work environment is free lunch every couple of weeks. Overall a good place to work, but there are some issues in need of ironing out.

Hivatalos válasz innen: Travelers

2022, szeptember 23.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the feedback you’ve shared and will pass your thoughts along.

big place, many opportunities. frequent leader turnover.

Frequent leader turnover, power struggle between technology and business, inconsistent HR generalist engagement. Travelers is a huge place so mileage may vary. Personal Insurance has a different culture than Business Insurance. Technology team is struggling, losing smart people and buffering with contract help. Inconsistent policies for remote work.

Pro érvek

Starting to have modern workplace and tools

Kontra érvek

Large place mired in politics and red tape

Hivatalos válasz innen: Travelers

2022, szeptember 23.
We strive to create an environment where all our employees feel engaged at work. Your feedback is important to us, and we will share your review with our management team.

Great place to work, but...

Traveler's is a great place to work...great benefits, great management, but the pay for what we are required to know/do is subpar. Instead of training you in one or two areas and having you be great and proficient in that they train you in 5 different areas. You can only be maybe halfway great doing that. It's overwhelming!! I want to work and work hard, but at the same time I want to provide our customers with correct information and the best service. This seems unattainable at best
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It’s a very reputable place to work.

It was overall a great place to work with great benefits. I learned a lot working for this company. I would’ve possibly still working for them if I hadn’t got sick.

Training

Kontra érvek

I was let go do to my ilness
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

If they don’t favor you, you’re not moving up or growing

This place is absolutely terrible and working here is awful. So much work and always micromanaging you. Everyday it’s something different they want to knit pick you for. I would never recommend this job to anyone. If your not their favorite or married to someone at the company don’t plan on moving up. I used to sit in front of this kid who would come in late every single day 15 to 20 minutes and somehow he is a manager now because he was a favorite

Great Place to Work

I loved my time working here. The managers were great and always willing to listen and give advice. Co-workers were what made this place fun. Insurance can be tough handling so many files and dealing with upset claimants everyday but your coworkers kept your spirits up. Great pay and generous PTO.

Great people and benefits

Wonderful company to work for! I would have stayed here forever if they had a better telecommute option. Management is supportive, HR is quick, benefits are good and pay is fair. Lots of room for advancement if you work hard.

I love it here!

I work as a GL adjuster. The work load is manageable and my co-workers are very knowledgeable and helpful. It’s very laid back and relaxed. I’ve worked for several insurance companies (LM/Geico/SF) and travelers is the best when it comes to work/life balance. No one is micro-managing you and you have full power to work your desk as you see fit.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great culture and benefits. Lots of opportunity for growth

Great company with leaders that care for you. Depends on the team but lots of opportunity for advancement and career movement. Flexible with time and we pay for performance.

Run

The Houston office is terrible, claim reps have over 200 claims and short staffed due to people quitting and going on leave. Certain managers are NEVER available and NONE of them return calls to customers all they do is forward the voicemail to you

Pay

Everything else

Great company

Great company to work. Great benefits, compensation and PTO. Opportunities to grow. Just be careful of which department you work in. Can be stressful.

Always learning

Great place to work if you’re looking for a career change. They provide extensive training and pay is decent. Travelers hire within and there are serval opportunities for growth.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Travelers? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés