Total Wine & More-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Sales Associate

16 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Good place
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, október 2.
Good place if you like the environment. Sales. Tasting. Cashier. When it’s time to work you need to be ready. Short breaks. Have to go good customer service.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Typical retail
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lynnwood, WA2017, július 15.
If you know nothing about wine, spirits and bet you'll learn a lot. However, the pay is low and they run their stores understaffed. Working retail could be a lot worse.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
No work/life balance, low pay, long hours
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Durham, NC2017, július 5.
Be prepared to work long hours regularly, eleven hour days are a standard. The systems, training videos, computers, and equipment are extremely outdated and unnecessarily tedious.
As in most retail settings, it's moderately fast paced, and you're encouraged to push the Store Brand merchandise, instead of the name brand things, because the profits are higher.
You will work late at night (eleven or even midnight) and/ or early in the morning (six or seven a.m.)
Management is constantly changing, and you're constantly understaffed.

You can move up fairly quickly, but the pay isn't worth all the extra hours and sweat you'll be putting in.
Pro érvek
Decent discount on certain items
Kontra érvek
Long shifts, outdated technology, zero support, low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work but bad management.
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2017, június 19.
Total wine is most definitely a cool place to work the only thing is they have very bad management who talks to employees really bad. Working at total wine you don't have a personal life because you're always there. They give free food on really busy days which is great . Good employees don't get the acknowledgement they deserve. I've learned a lot about wine & spirits working there that i am so very Grateful for.
Free lunches & free classes
Short breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company, terrible lower management
Wine and Spirits Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Kennesaw, GA2017, június 13.
This is a good company, upper management is actually fantastic. Most issues come from sub par management on a store level. Great for educating yourself.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great people to work with.
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spokane Valley, WA2017, május 6.
I enjoyed my time with this company. I enjoyed my co workers as well as my customers. Although, there wasn't much movement in advancement for me. I wanted to seek a position outside of jewelry, and this was not the best fit for me.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Fun working place
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pembroke Pines, FL2017, április 30.
Fun but schedule sucks!! Good if you wanna learn about beer, wine and alcohol. They do expect a lot from employees. Hours are long and during the holidays expect to be there all day.
Learn a lot
Pay sucks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good opportunity to learn about wine, beer and spirits
Wine Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Seattle, WA2017, január 17.
Heavy work, long hours doing pointless tasks, good amount of beverages to learn about, low pay but they make it up with many hours (if you're full-timer). People can make good money if they put on many hours per week.

No one has a say. It's all top-down, you're supposed to show up for work and do as told. Lots of people with great schooling, smart guys who hate the jobs because morons are promoted ahead of them.

As so common in retail, promotions happen from outside, leaving morale low and demotivated. Working hard is appreciated, but often leads one to nowhere.

Good place if you have nowhere to go, enjoy retail...and know that you're never land a nice job in tech, law firm or consultancy. The employee discount is a curse as half of your paycheck may be spent in the store. They hate if you buy products that are not imported by them.

Short unpaid break.

They will create any excuse to not pay what was agreed upon, such as bonuses.

Companies says employees are the greatest assets. They love to cut down on hours, though leaving people very insecure concerning their bills and the future.

Overall very few people like to work there.
Pro érvek
Wine/beverages knowledge. 401k for full-timers.
Kontra érvek
High turnover, lack of respect for employees.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 14NemJelentés
A good stable job
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wilmington, DE2016, december 28.
If you're looking for a "simple" job with straightforward responsibilities and many opportunities to grow. I would recommend working here.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to network, bad scheduling
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2016, szeptember 13.
Ive worked at total wine in Florida (most of my experience) and georgia and it is a great place to network and get to know other functioning alcoholics. However, the atmosphere depends solely on the location. Florida total wines are way more happygolucky because they have less state laws ( florida doesnt care) but my experience in GA is completely different. Non of the district managers theyve had either transfer to other states or get promoted. Plus everyone hates their job or are majorly uptight. Its hard to sell in a state with stricter laws. On a store level (FL and GA) the scheduling is always sketchy and they dont give you hours unless you threaten to leave or you have the full availability to get unscheduled hours ( where they call you last minute to come into work) plus you only get a 30 min unpaid break no matter how long your shift is and only get a break if you work more than 6 hours
Pro érvek
free lunch (sometimes), classes free for employees, discounts on WD, pay more than min wage
Kontra érvek
short breaks, no scheduled hours, horrible scheduling
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 14NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
worst job I have ever had
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Claymont, DE2016, július 2.
If you want to be over worked under payed have no work life balance then work at total.Worst bosses I have ever dealt with. No wine/industry experience with management team but they will lecture you on selling wine. For any wine professional it's just too much to deal with.
Kontra érvek
bosses, low pay, no time off, long hours, selling their bad home brand of wine, bosses have no wine knowledge
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 41Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company for customers, undervalues and disrespects employees
Full-Time Wine Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington State2015, augusztus 11.
A typical day:
Stock and fill product on shelves
Recommend and sell products to customers
Ensure customer satisfaction

What I learned:
Total Wine and More has an unparallelled training program for its team members. It is a main value of the company to have the most knowledge staff about wines, spirits, and beers from all around the world. Tasting, interpreting, and talking about the products are huge in the everyday development. This is what makes this company great for customers.

Management:
As with any job, different managers have different management styles. I have notice that this company trains managers to act as if they support and help their employees, yet prove that they do not follow through with employee requests. I have noticed that if it seems in the best interest of the employee and not the company, management does not do their due diligence to fight for their staff.

Co-workers:
This is the best part of the job. The co-workers are just as passionate and knowledgeable about the products, so it is a never ending conversation about learning and developing ones taste to new and exciting products.

Hardest part of the job:
Physically:
This company requires full-time associates to work 50 hours per week. All of these hours are spend on your feet, walking around, throwing hundreds and sometimes thousands of cases of wine, beer, and spirits. By they end of your 10+ hour day, you can't help to be sore and in pain.

Mentally:
This company under-compensates employees for their job. They require you to do tasks that are not in your job
  több... description, but need to be done for the overall needs of the store. The kicker is that the company and or management do not appreciate and or compensate you for this. They make it seem like their wages are competitive only because of the "forced overtime" that they give you. Supervisors have it the worst. They have all of the responsibilities and are accountable for the store as a whole just like a manager, yet they are barely paid a livable wage.

Estimated Full-Time Yearly NET Salaries (Paid by the Hour):
Sales Associate: $24,000 / year
Supervisor: $30,000 / year

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
The continuation of knowledge. Since working for this company, I have experienced many new wines and spirits that I would never have without tasting them.
  kevesebb
Free Case of Wine almost every month, depth of knowledge
Kontra érvek
Under-appreciated and under-compensated, healthcare is provided but very expensive for decent coverage, Passive-aggressive management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 34NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Better off finding something else
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Norwalk,C.T.2015, április 22.
The job overall isn't bad, and the company culture seems fun. But management (at least at this location in Norwalk,CT), is not great what so ever. Especially the main store manager, Michelle. They aren't hands on enough, and don't provide the proper amount of training that employees need. We lack knowledge, due to the fact that our store lacks the proper leadership.
Kontra érvek
No work life balance, bad management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 44Nem 6Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work. Great learning ability
Spirits Associate/Sales (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brea, CA2015, január 27.
I walk in and management gives us our goals for the day. We as a team then spend our full day doing our best to convince customers to buy off brand name products as well as assist customers to buy products that fully meet their needs. Aside from that, we have certain chores and tasks that we need to complete. These tasks are basically formed to make sure that our store looks clean and our shelves are fully stocked. At the end of the day, management thanks us for coming in and we leave.
Total wine is all about teaching the customers about wine and spirits that they do not know about. So it is our job to go to wine and spirit trainings and learn, so we can then relay this information to customers.
Management for the most part is great. They are incredibly friendly and enjoy joking around when there is spare time. However, not all stores are the same and I have run into some pretty horrible managers.
Our hiring managers do a great job bringing in other team members that fit well into our culture and I have become very good friends with many of my co-workers. If a new member is brought in, they have a three month trial period to prove themselves to management and the rest of the team. At the end of the three month trial period if a team member is not a good fit, they will be let go.
The most difficult part of the job is assisting customers who are set in buying what they have purchased in the past, even though I know another product would likely be a better fit for their budget and their palate.
The most enjoyable part of my job is going into work and seeing some of my best
  több... friends for 6-10 hours. Other than that, the trainings are always a lot of fun and the expansion of knowledge by trying things that I have not tried before is always a good time.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoy my job. The only problem is that their is little room to move up in the company.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Free meals durring busy times of the year and opportunity to win alcohol through contests
Little room for advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9NemJelentés
Productive, yet unfulfilled promises
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2014, június 9.
Learned a higher level of delegation, time management, business proposals as well as the sales portion of the business. Please ask applicant for more info.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13Nem 14Jelentés