Total Wine & More-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Merchandiser

35 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Learning potential
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Plano, TX2017, december 13.
Fun company to work at for the most part. Monthly team engagements helped unite us as a team. They offer classes for certifications in Wine, Beer and Spirits.
Fun, supportive team
Work-life balance almost non-existent
Total Wine
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Puyallup, WA2017, október 24.
Total Wine is a fun job! They are great teachers, and there will a lot of learning. Where the product comes from, who makes it, etc... You pour beer at the growler station. They try to teach you most stations around the store, which is nice if somebody calls out. It's a job worth seeking out and trying out!!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun place to work
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Arlington, TX2017, szeptember 20.
a typical day would be putting up stock, grabbing carts from outside, helping customers with carry outs, and maintaining store cleanliness. the environment is very positive, managers are always willing to help when needed and are always striving to get more employee involvement. on Saturdays we can sometimes wear college shirts for gameday and on busy days managers would get lunch for the employees.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Good work environment. Great knowledge
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Florida2017, augusztus 17.
I never had a problem with an associate or manager, they are very friendly. You learn and even taste a variety of wine, spirits, liqueur and beer on a daily basis. By the way, you can't swallow the alcohol. It's a good work environment.

Recommendations: Manage your delivery more wisely, because every day we have delivery, there is a mess. Unfortunately the store and stockroom doesn't have the space needed for all the products that come in.
it's retail
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cherry Hill, NJ2017, augusztus 16.
A typical day for my position involves a delicate balance between stocking shelves and interacting with customers. I learned how to better manage my time effectively to satisfy both needs. Management isn't 100% terrible, but isn't great either. Workplace culture is mediocre as many of the employees are cool people and enjoyable to be around, but the job itself in uninspiring.
free lunches + nice discount on Winery direct wines
Kontra érvek
no discount on beer and poor pay scaling
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place and outstanding colleagues.
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sandy Springs, GA2017, június 18.
Total Wine & More is an American beverage chain store which has more than 150 locations over the United States. I decided to work there because I believed there are more knowledge I can learn other than beverage.
Pro érvek
Nice work environment, flexible schedule.
low pay
Great Teamwork and Communication
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sterling, VA2017, június 4.
A typical day at work for me usually includes: stocking beer and wine, assisting customers to find product, and offering assistance to my co-workers as much as possible.

I've learned how to communicate and work as a team here. I also honed my individual work skills here as well. We wear headsets to easily communicate across the store.

Management sees that everyone is happy and their voices heard. If there's a problem, it will get resolved. Management also encourages everyone to do their best and if their best didn't happen, then there will be another day.

The hardest part of my job is when the shipments of our product come in on Tuesdays. It's a lot of product to put away and only about 2-3 of us to do it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers. I listen and learn new things everyday and I love that.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
educational
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lewisville, TX2017, május 7.
learned a lot working here. learned about all the different wines and where they come from. some of the work was hard, lifting wine boxes and what not.
good energy
heavy lifting
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
fun workplace
merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brandon, FL2017, április 25.
it's a nice and fun place to work if you don't mind working 10 or 12 hour shifts other than that its a great place to you will enjoy it if you like meeting new people everyday and trying different liquors and wines
Pro érvek
free lunch everynow and then
long shifts short breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work at short term
Merchandiser/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Laurel, MD2017, április 25.
Worked there for 2 year and averaged 60-70 hours a week. Once I started college I was dropped to 5-10 hours a week. Management did not care about doctor appointment or surprised life issues that occurred. Just a typical manager style run place. No leadership ability what so ever.

Everyone is cross trained without raises. If the manager has a favorite which is mainly females you only get a10 cent raise a YEAR. No advancement opportunities.
Money and some coworkers
Kontra érvek
Management, lack of stability, favoritism.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
fun place to work
Seasonal Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Orange, NJ2017, április 5.
They need to work on communication among employees but overall this is a great place to work. The place is very diverse and every body respects each other. Managers was cool expect for one manager who was very disrespectful. You learn about about wine beer and spirits and you gain great team work skill here.
Pro érvek
free lunch on real busy days or when we reach a high enough sell percentage
no 15 min breaks
Cool place to work for.
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  McLean, VA2017, február 15.
I've been with the company for 6 years, and as much as I love it, I am looking to move into a sales representative position for a brewery or distributor.
Pro érvek
Work with beer, wine, and spirits
Standard retail
Munkahelyi kultúra
Assimilating information about different wines and what best suited the customers interest
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Orange, NJ2016, október 20.
I found this job very interesting due to the fact that I learned about different wines that I never knew of and how they corresponded with particular foods to leave you in aw....I've learned that red wine goes with red meats, and white wines goes with everything else...lol...simplicity at it's best, reigning to be truth according to the ethics of compatibility, in regards to wine. On the weekends I liked to taste test, validating the varieties, whether confirmed to be a bitter or sweet.
Free Gift Cards
Kontra érvek
When a customer left unsatisfied
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and good communication among staff
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Claymont, DE2016, október 2.
The typical work day is fairly tiring but productive. The staff is friendly and willing to help on projects if needed. Teamwork is a big part of the job. The management is fair and open to ideas. The were really no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable of the job was working aside co workers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 2Jelentés
Fast paced, Sporadic Scheduling
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bellevue, WA2016, április 14.
Its a fast paced job. Typically when clocking in during the mornings, Pull Lists are given to each employee so that they may restock shelves that were low with product from previous day. Merchandisers then were given projects to work on throughout the rest of their shift. Projects included setting up displays, assisting customers, retrieving products for customers, moving merchandise around the store, etc. Being a team player is very key. Communication is an important part of the job so all merchandisers know whats going on around the store. Co-workers were very competent. Always willing to lend a helping hand or advice when needed. Management was very kind and fair. When a project took longer than expected, they were very understanding. The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy items for the whole duration of the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was being kept busy. Its hard to be bored when you're always kept moving.
Pro érvek
occasional free lunch for whole staff, kept busy, constantly moving
Kontra érvek
Scheduling is very sporadic. Some days are only 4 hour shifts, others are as high as 12
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12Nem 4Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Laborious and humiliating work for minimum wage
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2016, január 8.
This company is a constant reminder of why people hate big business. These are the things to consider, which you should carefully and consciously focus on if you have any type of financial responsibilities. Low wages, minimum hours, and a dysfunctional team environment. Now, If that sounds like something you're willing to play against the odds, you're a perfect fit! Performance means nothing and employees are not the emphasis of the infrastructure. Unless you're desperate and you're really in a financial constraint, RUN! Don't walk, RUN!
30% discount
Read the review
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 31Nem 4Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2016, január 4.
I look at the manager binder to see what they need me to do for the day. Go into receiving to see if it needs to be cleaned. Help wine associates with pull list to see what needs to be restocked. One of the best things I learned was having a better understanding of wines, allowing me to assist customers and make recommendations. The hardest part of the job is unloading the truck with no help. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and meeting customers in the store from all over the world.
Pro érvek
Free snacks provided by managers when store is really busy and once in awhile free lunches.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, not having a set schedule
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 1Jelentés
Fun, educational, great relationships
Floor Worker/ Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Laurel, MD2015, december 15.
When I go in to Total Wine everyone from the top to bottom has a positive attitude and are willing to help. Management is very lenient and willing to teach with great attitudes and appreciate there staff. The hardest part is getting enough work especially during certain times of the year, but the positives is the knowledge you gain.
Pro érvek
The knowlege you gain in that feild
Advancing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 17Nem 6Jelentés
Basic Retail Experience
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Roseville, MN2015, szeptember 14.
Typical day consists of Management guilting you for not working hard enough... They expect you to kill yourself for minimal pay. Sales team members make 1-2 dollars more per hour and only sell wine and spirits. Merchandisers make as much as cashiers, but are expected to do the jobs of Sales, Cashiers, and merchandising. Co-workers are good people, although mostly functioning alcoholics. Hardest part of this job is being at work.
Wine Discount
Management, Pay, inconsistent
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 29Nem 9Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent enrty to the world of beer, wine, and spirits
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sacramento, CA2015, szeptember 12.
Total Wine is a privately owned company, so don't expect a big compensation plan or cushy union position. There is no commission even on big sales, and being able to drive sales is a must. The pay is entry level at best, and years of hard work is not likely to move you towards any big promotions.
That said, there are far worse jobs out there. Although the pay isn't great, it's a relatively relaxed work environment, around stuff many people would pay to learn more about, and their company-wide education programs are actually pretty extensive. The wine and beer classes are free for employees, they offer training for cicerone and other top notch certifications, and an extensive amount of study materials is right at your fingertips for anyone truly interested in the alcohol industry.
This company offers decent entry level jobs. Not careers, jobs. But they can provide a decent stepping stone into the industry as a whole.
Pro érvek
Education in the field, job experience
Kontra érvek
Few full-time positions, low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 17Nem 6Jelentés