Total Wine & More-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Front End Manager

Started Great....
Front End Team Member (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Myers, FL2018, február 17.
When hired at Total Wine, the team was fantastic. The managers were attentive and hardworking, always out monitoring the store during the busiest of hours and saving their office work for slower periods.
After working there about 4 months a new store was built locally and needed a new team so most of our upper management transferred out to there and we had new managers transferred in. The new managers are unorganized and constantly overwhelmed as our store has a higher volume of customers than the stores they came from.
30% off wine, knowledge of different wine cultures
Kontra érvek
Over worked, very low pay for low level employees
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
fast paced place to work
Front-End Assistant Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Union, NJ2017, november 25.
fast pace and fun place to work managers work with you. and discount on wine purches. light money counting and closing paperwork is eazy. employees are great people to work with.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
This was a temporary Christmas 2012 position
Front End Team Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huntersville, NC2017, november 16.
Day was pleasant
Heavy load of physical work for a cashier position
As a cashier the manager expected the cashiers to clean
bathroom and trash bins
I ended up having to load grocery carts outside
Heavy volume of work moving cases of beer and wine through belt at cashier counter
Manager expected me to be on a ladder 30 feet in air loading boxes on shelves, when she knew I did not have medical insurance.
Pro érvek
It was pleasant working with people and helping them with billing transactions at cashier counter
Kontra érvek
The manager I had was not considerate of safety for someone with no insurance.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Horrible
Front End Team Member (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2017, október 16.
Worst place I have ever worked. Management is horrible and always yells at you. They expect you to know everything with NO training. Bad pay and no chance to ever move up in the company.
Some discounts on wine/liquor
No set shifts. always working late. 30 mins lunch break
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Only really good if you get an invested manager
Front End Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2017, szeptember 13.
Had one manager that was very good, focused on team building and individual goals and development. Transferred stores and now have a manager with no interest in employees, too worried about being friends with people to hold them accountable to their job responsibilities.
Pro érvek
Can make a career out of it if you have a good manager
Kontra érvek
It isn't dependent on your performance as much as who you know
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for
Front End Team Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Palm Desert, CA2017, július 9.
Working there was great and fun. Enjoyed working with my coworkers I had. Holidays were fun got to be in theme with them. And contests on selling a specific product or quantity of them . Overall enjoyed my time there.
Free lunches, incentives, contests
short breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a long term company.
FRONT END TEAM MEMBER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Albuquerque, NM2017, június 1.
First off, the environment at first seems ok, especially the customers but the hours they give you and the pay IS NOT WORTH IT. The management just sits around at the front end chit chatting while everyone else works. I can't describe how many times that angered me. Let's not forget the favoritism is RIDICULOUS. Also getting written up for ridiculous things and knowing the managers don't have your back.
Pro érvek
discounts, customers, SOME CO-WORKERS.
PAY, the management.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Managers are managers of product and not people
Merchandiser Front end (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tempe, AZ2017, május 15.
The assistant manager in particular has been quoted as saying "I don't work weekends because i'm the scheduler""I only schedule people I like with me"
Pro érvek
samples but cant swallow.
Bad management.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Three years still no advancement
Front End Team Member/ Sales and Service/ Reciever (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sarasota County, FL2017, április 4.
If you want to work all day and build upper body strength then this is the job for you. Full time employees may be either 40 or 50 hour target per week depending on the position. 50 hours a week is mandatory for management. Part time is 30-40 hours in season, off season expect much less (15-20 hours). Pay is average for retail in this area of town. Company expects high volume for little reward to employee. No set schedule and very little employee development unless you constantly push for it. Very little internal promotion, management is mostly outside hires. Fast expanding company privately owned. Lots of policy changes every year, so it's hard to be consistent. Overall an okay place to work but very demanding on both body and mind. Average shift is 10 hours a day, sometimes 11 or 12. One 30 minute unpaid break for any shift over 6 hours. On your feet all day every day. Scheduling is terrible. High turnover in all positions from CEOs down to store level positions. Always hiring because of it!
Pro érvek
Overtime pay, mostly friendly staff, wine discounts
Kontra érvek
No work/life balance, physically demanding, scheduling nightmare, poor upper management, no room for advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Great part time job
Front End Team Member (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tempe, AZ2017, március 29.
I have worked part time at Total Wine as a second job for 2 years and love it. The management team at my store is great and the people who work there are helpful and good workers. It is a good second job and i have had no problem getting time off when I need it. The pay is not great but if you just need some extra money it is good.
Great atmosphere
Kontra érvek
standing for long periods of time. pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Fantastic!
Front End Team Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2017, január 8.
Every day running smoothly with the assistance of other FETMs and management; polite and professional environment where management showed their care for their employees. Only issue was not enough payroll hours to keep on seasonal help; was such a shame.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 3Jelentés
Great Place to Work
Front End Team Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2016, december 15.
If you are into beer wine and spirits then this is the place!!! Wide variety of beer wine and spirits! Plus they teach you all you need to know about beer wine and spirits!!!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Productive and Fun Environment
Front End Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Manchester, CT2016, július 6.
Working for Total Wine is an opportunity to make connections with people who have extensive knowledge on both leadership and the products they sell. While challenges can include meeting deadlines and anticipating issues, they are more than achievable with a successful team.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 9Jelentés
Work to the bone
Front End Supervisor/Wine Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Virginia Beach, VA2016, március 28.
Work hard and don't make a lot of money. The perks are good like free wine and beer, if you qualify. Other than that its work, work, work, There is no job\life balance and the pay is low.
Free wine
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 14Nem 5Jelentés
Don't be fooled
Front End Team Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2016, január 14.
Total wine is a great concept new market in mo. Extremely reasonable prices and a great customer base.... But as far as the job it's self not so much the schedule is weekly and usually put up on Friday so you have no time to plan any other activities than WORK they ask you to come in early or stay late and show no appreciation! Basically if you aren't friends with management you will not get anywhere in this company! Breaks are slim to none 30min and back to work when your working a 10 hour shift.
Pro érvek
Free lunches at busy times, wine tasting
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, no advancement, no life, horrible management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 46Nem 9Jelentés
Productive and Fun workplace
Front End Team Member (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2015, december 8.
Great people to work with and fun environment; very motivating to achieve more and move up in position; cannot go wrong selling wine, spirits and beer
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 6Jelentés
Good company
Wine Salesman, Front end and Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2015, november 17.
I am relocating and that is the only reason I left. The pay and oppurtunity to learn was the best I have received yet. I look forward to the company going country wide.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 10Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great experience with Total Wine..
Front End Team Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richmond, VA2014, november 17.
I Loved it here... The hours where quite long sometimes (worked full time). Coworkers made it a delight working here and SOME customers as well. You get to try samples of wine and beer! And take some free bottles of wine home sometimes, which was awesome! They got wine/beer classes! It was an enjoyable experience...
Pro érvek
Management, Co-Workers, They Give You Hours (if you want it)
Some Customers, Lifting heavy Wine Boxes
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12Nem 11Jelentés
Decent Place to work
Front End Team Member/ Front End Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roseville, CA2014, október 25.
As a cashier days can be very boring during the slow seasons, however, management is nice and attempt to make days interesting with contests. Trying to get a promotion is easy to be a supervisor moving into management is difficult. Working full-time and going to school full-time can be difficult keeping the work hours up there to pay bills but they are willing to work with you the best they can.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 9Jelentés
Fast-paced atmosphere
Front End Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2014, augusztus 28.
I loved working here! Awesome, awesome, awesome place to work. I loved the staff and working with the customers. It's very fast-paced and there is always something to do.
Great hours and scheduling