Total Wine & More-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Cashier

18 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Fast and busy pasted
Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, október 30.
Standing on your for long periods of time, 30 minute break. I would not recommend for anyone. Pay is very low for the amount of work that you do. Management needs alot of work.
30 Minute lunch breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
It was fun
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, október 4.
Loved the people I worked with
& Loved the customers they where amazing if I could go back to Total Wine I would I miss my customers and co workers !
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management is usually willing to help quicjly,but there were a couple managers who treated ne very poorly. Staff nice, but competitive.
Wine Consultant/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boca Raton, FL2017, szeptember 17.
It was good to get more experience in the field ,especially with the tastings. I loved that part.
I told them I wanted to be on the selling floor and to do tastings ,but they usually put me on the register., while only a few days on the selling floor.most times I couldn't get help with finding merchandise.I had to struggle.
I got quite a few opportunities to do tastings, and was very happy about that.
Working in industry
Kontra érvek
Sometimes no help, a few catty people, low pay.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and productive place to work!
Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Silverdale, WA2017, augusztus 2.
Great place to work! The management team is very responsive to the needs of its employees and customers! There is on-going training which allows for you to say up-to-date on new products and services so that information can be passed onto customers.
Pro érvek
Responsive management team; on-going training
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun and productive workplace.
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Naples, FL2017, július 6.
I loved working here and for he most part the people were very nice and helpful. But some of the management was more towards the money and less towards the employees and customers.
Nice people
Management and corporate
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
work/ life
Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Florida2017, május 8.
the people that i work with are ok. management is not bad at all some are strict but very friendly. if you dont mind working long hours 10- 12 then you would enjoy this job. as for me, i do not enjoy this job at all. i feel like i live at work more than i do at home. i thought there would be a possibility for advancements, but if you do not know anything about wine nor sell the WD products then you can forgot about being promoted.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Cashiering and stocking floor
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tukwila, WA2015, november 16.
I learned on how to correctly taste and describe the feel of wine. And how to juggle time on busy holiday hours.

Management and co-workers were all always on top of each other. Always knowing exactly what they should be doing which was very helpful.

The hardest part of the job was probably to sell product. I personally don't like being hounded by sales associates so I expect the same in return. And the most enjoyable part was being able to taste new product. So I could give reviews on product if I was asked.
Pro érvek
Tasting and learning more about wine
Being a sales associate.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 18Nem 6Jelentés
Worse CompanyTo Work For
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Las Vegas, NV2015, május 17.
If you like working all the time and all kinds of different hours then this is the job for you.

Management does not provide any sort of leadership, make you feel welcome, and one love to speak about her own employee's.

Overall, Do not work for this company
Free wine or discounts
Kontra érvek
crazy work schedule unprofessional management low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 41Nem 7Jelentés
fun workplace
Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lewisville, TX2015, április 9.
working at total wine & more is awesome! being able to interact with customers and help them out with their purchases is great!
Pro érvek
30% off of wine and products!
none on my end!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 20Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bad
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Union, NJ2014, december 8.
This place started out not being a bad place to work but then it went downhill. It became awful.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 36Nem 16Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company, fun environment.
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roseville, CA2014, november 10.
Loved working here but was looking for more professional work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Energetic, yet productive work environment
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Laurel, MD2014, február 26.
I learned how to count large amounts of money using machine provided. I enjoyed working with customers and helping them decide on choices of products.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 17Jelentés
Fun people to work with
Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Claymont, DE2013, július 22.
A typical day at work is very busy and tiring. You are on your feet all day lifting heavy stuff but it is fun to work there because of the people I work with.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12Nem 4Jelentés
Cashier
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2013, július 9.
Assisted customers, cashier, balanced till at end of shift.
Employee discount
Kontra érvek
Not always able to take breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Busy workplace
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Claymont, DE2013, május 27.
My typical day stated at about 9am and didn't end till about 6 or 7 pm. I learned about numerous wines. Management was pretty good and understanding. Co-workers were great and helpful. The hardest part was being on my feet for 10+ hours at christmas time.
Healthcare
Short Breaks, Long hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 23Nem 6Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Young company.... needs time to grow.
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springfield, VA2013, január 8.
A typical day is around 10-13 hours with a 30 minute lunch. Be prepared to get the life sucked out of you for around 8.50 an hour (starting VA wages). Everyone starts out as a cashier, unless you have 10+ yrs of wine or management experience. If your under the age of 30 and have a college degree be prepare to start at the bottom and I mean bottom; minimum wage, cleaning taps and wine spills, cashiering, and merchandising. This company does not like young people moving up the ladder fast. The top 50% of the company is controlled by rich old men. So I suggest you start taking up golf and learn to like whiskey, all on your minimum wage pay, in order to move up the ladder. Each store has only a few select number of full-time cashiers, wine associates, and merchandisers, who are approved by corporate. So don't expect to get benefits (paid time off, medical, dental, or 401k) unless a full-time employee leaves or you are specifically hired as one. Managers must work a min. of 50 hrs a week. The company's main focus is on Winery Direct numbers (wine that you cannot find anywhere else but total wine) and percentages, so DO NOT go into the job stating you love Kendall Jackson or any other wines you can find at the local grocery store. Your job, your bonus, your holiday lunches, any perks, and the whole success of the company is determined by not selling such brands as Kendall Jackson, Barefoot, Woodbridge, JLore, ect... It's an on going battle to persuade the customer into give up their grocery store favorites and get them into WD wines, (which the customer can become very hostile about)  több... because your future with the company depends on it. Also, you only get discounts on WD wines. There is no discount on beer, except for singles. This is a very young company with a solid business plan, but they need to work on standardizing breaks, benefits, employee award programs, and at least giving some kind of benefits to part-time workers. They could use some time to fine-tune their business plan. The company is also involved in some political struggles to have state liquor stores abolished in ABC states. For instance, they will not be opening more stores in VA until the state government abolishes ABC stores and lifts liquor restrictions. Now ABC agents are purposefully targeting TW&More stores with Minor Sting Operations in hopes of quieting the company's lobbying agenda. This means more chances that you could sell to a minor and land yourself in federal prison. Applicant beware.  kevesebb
30% discount on wine, 10% on single beers
Kontra érvek
hours, work life balance, corporate managment, advancement opportunites, political and legal aspects of selling alcohol, you could sell to minor
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 51Nem 4Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Miami Beach, FL2012, július 10.
Over all total wine is good place to work.
Total wine welcomes all and is a good environment to learn about beer and wine.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 7Jelentés