Total Wine & More Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 370 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Unsafe place to work
Merchandising (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Claymont, DE2018, augusztus 24.
Several people have gotten injured here, not from falls or accidents, but from repetitive stress injuries. Shoulders, backs, ankles, knees—people have gotten serious injuries from being overworked. $90 million store, but they run a skeleton crew because they are so cheap. Of course that’s only the merchandise crew. The sales associates stand around all day and chit chat or look at their cell phones. I’m sure they would rate the job highly as they get paid to help a couple of customers and then stand there and wait around for most of their day. There is no promotion from within. Not a single manager there was promoted to the position. They don’t learn the job either, so most employees are more competent than the managers are. The owners are brilliant businessmen who created a highly successful company, but it has grown so large they no longer pay close attention to the day-to-day of the individual stores, so the store managers and district managers run the show, and they aren’t competent.
Pro érvek
Overtime, some positions require little work
Kontra érvek
Overworked, poor pay rate, incompetent managers, no chance at promotion
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Quick paced and busy on the holidays!
Wine Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Elkridge, MD2018, augusztus 22.
You do not have a set schedule, so you never know when you will be working week to week, making scheduling appointments or other family things difficult. You will also have to be there at least one morning a week at 5 am to stock the shelves before opening. You also need to like talking to people, because it is all about selling them the most expensive botttle in their price range they are looking for. Great coworkers!
Pro érvek
Great coworkers, you taste all the products
Kontra érvek
Super busy and very impatient customers sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not enough pay for the physical labor your intended to do.
Wine Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Manassas, VA2018, augusztus 21.
You can not afford any cost of living with this job not living in the commenwealth of VA. Every store is different but they expect that you can work a 10-12 hour shift with a 30min break, break down pallettes when the delivery of our wine products get there sometimes you're doing it by yourself. Not really a team building experience, they take advantage of those they know can get work done but allow others to slack off or do nothing just because they have wine knowledge which is unfair. There is just no team, everyone for themselves. Which is why most of the people who work there are 35+ in age and that is their career but for others they try to hire younger in age they find out quick this is not a job to grow in and to go move to find better jobs or opportunities in life. Selling wine is not unless you're going to school to become a wine sommelier. They don't care about the employees who work in the store only the people who work in their cooperate offices.
Pro érvek
The knowledge and discounts.
Good People, Bad Management
Merchandising (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, augusztus 18.
The product categories make the business an interesting place to work. Coworkers are great, outside of the work environment. Management has turned over too much in the last 4yrs resulting in frustration and lack of trust throughout the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun way to learn about adult beverages and meet people from the community
Front End Team Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reno, NV2018, augusztus 18.
Fast paced. Stocking shelves, taking care of lines of customers, good relationship with most of the employees. Lots of diversity in the work force. A little too much micromanagement.
Tasting different adult beverages
Lots of heavy lifting
A fantastic work scenario
JUNIOR LEVEL DEVELOPER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, augusztus 15.
Total Wine is a great company to work for, the pacing is great, giving you an amount of assignments that works well and is efficient for the great scheme of things. Furthermore management is good at assessing your skills but can sometimes overwork you when it comes to the intensity of said assignments.
Good Pacing
Kontra érvek
Hard to find time off, management can overwork sometimes
Overall Pretty Good
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wilmington, DE2018, augusztus 13.
Probably the best place to work in retail. Lots of easy ways to learn about wine/liquor/beer. They try to crosstrain everybody and if you want to learn about something, they'll make it happen. Lots of opportunities to get free booze through training and passing tests. A lot of incentives for wanting to learn. As with every job, the management makes the job and some days they make me want to quit, other days they make me love the company. The customers are probably the best part of Total. They tend to be happier because they know they'll either be drunk soon or are already a little drunk. Overall a pretty good place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Just not for me. I tried
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2018, augusztus 11.
Management at certain stores does not care about flexibility on schedule when things come up / over work, under appreciated for good workers, So that makes anyone want to quite
Pro érvek
Discount / learn about the difference in liquor categories
A job, not a career
Customer Service/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2018, augusztus 5.
I worked here during the holiday season and I thought it would be a fun experience but it was anything but that. Management only cares about selling the brand wines. The best part was being able to learn and taste different wines. This position is great for college kids.
Discount on Wine, Christmas gift, Incentives
Schedule, Hours, Management
Awesome company
Cashier/Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Everett, MA2018, augusztus 1.
this company is very inspiring.
they strive off of customer interaction, and also make thier employees feel welcomed.

im new so i dont have much to say however in 6months ill still feel the same way because im optimistic.

i worked 12-7PM
i did some computer based training for a few hours
then operated a cash register for the remainder of the day
the employee i was shadowing was awesome and made my learning experience enjoyable.

the management is right there for any questions and comments i have or may have,

the schedule is flexible and i can work as many hours as i can handle.

im looking forward to 12hour shifts and advancement.

the hardest part about the job is leaving the customers because they truly make the time worth every second.

the most enjoybale thing about the job is knowing that i can relax knowing i have a uniform that represents the company and what their vision is all about.

i learned that IDing everyone is a safety and company measure that they take very serious.

the workplace culture at the moment seems like something im excited to be apart of.
Pro érvek
customers, great management, on hand experience, schedule flexibility and great selection of benefits and products.
Kontra érvek
their isnt any cons because everything is a Learning experience.
Decent Pay, horrible management
Market Vendor Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lynnwood, WA2018, július 26.
The pay with the company was decent for a retail management job (they even pay overtime). Advancement opportunities that were touted as a "priority" were b/s. You would be working for a promotion only to have someone outside of the company to be hired for the position you were working toward.
Winery Direct sales seemed to be the only priority that any upper management had (rightly so as this accounted for a huge percentage of profit for the company). This mantra did nothing for morale among Wine Associates and Management though.
I would not recommend this company, they abuse, demoralize, and treat their employees unfairly and there is little job satisfaction working for the Trone brothers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
started off great, but then management started to really suck
Wine Associate, Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sacramento, CA2018, július 25.
I loved working here for the first 3 years. The turn over rate is pretty high unfortunately and I think it's because of management. We get a great discount on everything in the store, we get great training all the time, and great opportunities to visit wineries, but the upper management sucks. I had been working at this company for four years when our new store manager hired 5 of his old employees he worked with at Lowe's. He started them out at a much higher pay rate than I was currently making and none of them had any experience in the alcohol industry. When our annual reviews came up, I explained in detail on why I thought I deserved a $.50 raise. $.50!! And he came back with the excuse that they didn't have the budget for that high of a raise. The company is owned by billionaires and he just hired on 5 new people at a high pay rate and I couldn't even get a $.50 raise even though I had been employee of the month 3 times and kept up my sales numbers. Another time one of the new employees my store manager had hired called out sick on a Sunday so I came in to cover her shift. I later found out that next week she wasn't sick, she called out so she could go to the store manager's BBQ and that he had encouraged her to do so. How did I find out you ask? Pictures on Facebook.
Pro érvek
great discounts, great training, getting to go to wineries and meeting wine makers
Kontra érvek
low pay, expensive health insurance, terrible management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 2Jelentés
Wines sampling monthly
Wine Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Laurel, MD2018, július 25.
Great place to work , meeting good people,learning about wine and having customers come in and ask for me. Being ask on what wines Iiked and love. Being able to dress up for work.
Work with good people
Lunches from different companies
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 3Jelentés
Great team atmosphere.
Merchandising & Front end Team member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lynnwood, WA2018, július 23.
While at Total Wine I had a fun group of team members which made working a great experience. The wealth of knowledge I gained about the beverage industry in my time here will remain as a great memory.
Pro érvek
They would always reward us with free lunch.
Kontra érvek
Not very many opportunities for advancement.
Wine manager
Wine Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springfield, VA2018, július 19.
Working at Total was both rewarding and intense. Sales were stressed and you were rewarded when accomplished.. Travel could be lengthy and frequent.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace with interest in products.
Front End Team Member/ Merchandising (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, július 12.
A typical day at work includes customer service on the sales floor, working a register, merchandising product, creating displays and stocking items throughout the store. I learned an abundant amount of information about various wines, beers and spirits. I enjoyed the management at each store I worked at as they exhibit the same behavior expected of each employee. The hardest part of my job was the high volume retail environment, especially around holidays. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interest I had for all of our products, creating excellent product knowledge which helped in points of sales.
Discounts, family-like atmosphere.
Kontra érvek
Occasional typical retail environment; bad customers, theft, busy schedules, long holiday shifts.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Boring, poor management, overworked
Front End Team Member (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Richmond, TX2018, június 23.
As a full time front end team member, you get a lot of 10 hour...sometimes even 11-12 hour shifts. Overworked, you're lucky if you get breaks outside of your lunch. The turnover rate is awful, you have to work yourself to death to make up for the fact that no one is willing to stay. Definitely no work/life balance.
HOURS
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
It’s a sales job
Wine Sales Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Texas2018, június 17.
The pay is horrible for what you are expected to know and remember to answer customer questions. There are lot of options with alcohol and you need to know the details to answer questions. There is some training but not nearly enough. You are pressured to sell the WD products and some folks have no integrity in selling this. Good commaradarie with fellow team members but ALL of management tends to spend their time BSing at customer service desk and then barking when numbers aren’t where they want them.

Even at the Supervisor level, the pay is bad! The only good thing about this job is most customers are cool because they’re wanting to have fun and you can help them. Employees are cool. Discounts on wine (only). Very little opportunity to grow. All supervisors and above are expected to work a minimum of 50 hours/week.
Discounts
Management, sales pressure, Integrity
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Incredible turnover and low moral
Senior Digital Marketing Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bethesda, MD2018, június 8.
No leadership
No Vission
No opportunity to grow
High turn over
low employee moral
Not diverse
Not innovative
In the past 4 months 18% off the employees left for another job.
Digital department is at least 5 years behind compared to other companies.
Tons of closed door meetings
Pro érvek
wine discount on WD, pays ok, benefits are good
Kontra érvek
Not a place to grow and develop
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 2Jelentés
Fun atmosphere
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Viera, FL2018, június 6.
I enjoyed working for total wine and more. I learned a great deal about wine and there regions. Did samples of tastings. recommendations. Product growth. I just wasn't given a fair chance for full-time.
Pro érvek
saturday was activity days. fun selling contests
Kontra érvek
Not enough hrs. given per week
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 3Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Total Wine & More? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van