Total Wine & More Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 257 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to be a iron man ever day.
Merchandise Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  California2017, október 25.
Got a merch job not true it was a freight job. I was not there long the job was not the job I said yes too. They need a night crew and there organization was terrible if they new how to properly move weight it would be better. I was expected too move up too 12,000 lbs a day by hand way more then I was told and way more then should be the normal for anyone. For the money there are way better jobs. They need a big back room not stack a mile high on top of the rack super dangerous one bad move and yes big injury. For being a billion dollar company needs so big time help but greed is greed.
Cool customers
Kontra érvek
Not enough staff, lifting way to much weight
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Total Wine
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Puyallup, WA2017, október 24.
Total Wine is a fun job! They are great teachers, and there will a lot of learning. Where the product comes from, who makes it, etc... You pour beer at the growler station. They try to teach you most stations around the store, which is nice if somebody calls out. It's a job worth seeking out and trying out!!
Horrible
Front End Team Member (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2017, október 16.
Worst place I have ever worked. Management is horrible and always yells at you. They expect you to know everything with NO training. Bad pay and no chance to ever move up in the company.
Some discounts on wine/liquor
No set shifts. always working late. 30 mins lunch break
Workload is stressful
Assistant Store Manager, Human Resource Captain (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2017, október 15.
A typical work day is very busy. Always trying to satisfy as many customers as possible while still trying to set aside time to complete necessary duties/functions. There is a slow process for internal promotions.
Wine trips, benefits, perks
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was not the right fit for me
Sr. Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bethesda, MD2017, október 11.
Executives have their own agendas that are personally motivated. They can get away with treating people with complete disrespect. HR is a toothless kitten that will not help you drive change.
Pro érvek
Loved my coworkers and the projects I got to work on.
Kontra érvek
Work life balance, no increase for promotion, abusive executives
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Easy place to work
Wine Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Spokane, Washington2017, október 5.
Great company to work for, good benefits, pay could be better considering most people are working in more than one position in the store. The management is pretty good most of the time. The only things are that it is retail so you pretty much have no social life and you can't plan for anything because your hours are never the same. They won't fire people even if they are dead weight because they don't want to have to go through more training for new employees.
Pro érvek
Discounts, flexible, good management.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, competitive, no social life.
It was fun
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, október 4.
Loved the people I worked with
& Loved the customers they where amazing if I could go back to Total Wine I would I miss my customers and co workers !
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Good place
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, október 2.
Good place if you like the environment. Sales. Tasting. Cashier. When it’s time to work you need to be ready. Short breaks. Have to go good customer service.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want to work your life away, work here.
Assistant Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Minnesota2017, szeptember 24.
The company is growing too fast and not taking care of their employees. The turnover in MN is astronomical for managers and team members. The main part of this is due to understaffing and the company over working employees. Managers are required to work a minimum of 50hrs/week, it usually ends up being 60. There is no consistent schedule, you work 11-12hr shifts sporadically throughout the week on your feet all day, one 30min unpaid break. Your shifts start anywhere from 5am to 12pm and end anywhere from 330pm to Midnight. You’ll also usually close the day before your day off and open the day after so your day off is cut short. They also pay regular team members horribly for what they expect out of them.
The culture is completely focused on selling Winery/Spirit Direct items that the company has huge margins on. The entire store is high pressured to sell only these items. They expect everyone to be a high pressure sales person in order for managers to achieve bonuses.
The only positive part of the job was seeing decent paychecks, good discounts and initial wine/spirit training.
If you want to work really hard everyday, become sleep deprived and have no life outside of work, this is the job for you!
Pay, alcohol discounts
Kontra érvek
No work/life balance, Short break, Bad Upper Management.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Total Wine
Cashier and sales still there (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL 328032017, szeptember 21.
I worked as a cashier, spirit sales and wine associate. Required to learn product line with taste and all other attributes. Required to make sure we hit a WD and SD percentage each week.
fun time with customers
no work life balance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lack of leadership, advancement opportunity, work/life balance
Wine and Spirits Sales Consultant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Texas2017, szeptember 21.
Total Wine has a distinct leadership problem, among other things. Management is plagued by mixed message syndrome and the current focus of the company seems to be- work as many hours as possible to compensate for low wages, sell the company product to make as much profit for the company as possible, sleep on Sunday. Work / home balance is rendered nearly impossible by the six day work schedule necessary to make ends meet on the low wages.
The organization is quite top heavy, with lots of white shirts buzzing about with very little actual work to do, thus they tend to fixate on inane busy work- whipping up the koolaid, changing price tags, and encouraging upsell techniques. Advancement opportunity seems absolutely dependent on political maneuvering, game playing, how willing an individual is to live at the office, and seems to have zero to do with merit 75% of the time. Inexperienced and untrained managers seem to be everywhere, (with a few exceptions) knowledgeable in company-specific sales tactics but clueless in people skills or actual management ability. There are a small handful of good folks at ground level who shoulder the brunt of the workload, are passionate about product knowledge and customer service, and it is these folks who carry the integrity of the organization.
In general this organization is made up of some really good people and has many good resources / tools at its disposal, they just seem to lack a cohesive plan and the leadership to make best use of them, for which the culture and brand suffer.
great people, discounted booze
Kontra érvek
long hours, low pay, lots expected, little advancement opportunity
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun place to work
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Arlington, TX2017, szeptember 20.
a typical day would be putting up stock, grabbing carts from outside, helping customers with carry outs, and maintaining store cleanliness. the environment is very positive, managers are always willing to help when needed and are always striving to get more employee involvement. on Saturdays we can sometimes wear college shirts for gameday and on busy days managers would get lunch for the employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A day at total wine and more
Cashier/Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Woodbury, MN2017, szeptember 18.
A day at total wine, doesn't consist of much. In the beginning of the day clocking in and putting my things in my locker. Going to my register I'm assigned to counting it in and getting my day started with the first customer of the day. I learned a lot working at that job knowing how to sell product from being at the end of sale, being polite, kind and courteous as well as being fast paced.
monthly bonuses, team lunches
short breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management is usually willing to help quicjly,but there were a couple managers who treated ne very poorly. Staff nice, but competitive.
Wine Consultant/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boca Raton, FL2017, szeptember 17.
It was good to get more experience in the field ,especially with the tastings. I loved that part.
I told them I wanted to be on the selling floor and to do tastings ,but they usually put me on the register., while only a few days on the selling floor.most times I couldn't get help with finding merchandise.I had to struggle.
I got quite a few opportunities to do tastings, and was very happy about that.
Working in industry
Kontra érvek
Sometimes no help, a few catty people, low pay.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Only really good if you get an invested manager
Front End Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2017, szeptember 13.
Had one manager that was very good, focused on team building and individual goals and development. Transferred stores and now have a manager with no interest in employees, too worried about being friends with people to hold them accountable to their job responsibilities.
Pro érvek
Can make a career out of it if you have a good manager
Kontra érvek
It isn't dependent on your performance as much as who you know
boring
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cave Creek, AZ2017, szeptember 10.
This Place was slow and boring to work at. I was hired as a cashier and worked all over the store because it was busy enough for me to just do my job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
decent pay with no experience
Wine Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greenville, SC2017, szeptember 7.
I had a great management team at two stores I worked and I would refer anyone to work there. turnover rate is high for cashiers since that isn't a forever job unless you want to advance with the company. otherwise, there is room for growth if you put your mind to it.
Ok, it is a job
Part Time Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Laurel, MD2017, szeptember 6.
Job is OK, its serves it purpose, provides the hours I needed as a student. Typical day requires lots of standing, interacting with customers. Management is ok, I had issues with individual managers but HR resolved those issues.
For the Love of Wine
Co-Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Laurel, MD2017, szeptember 4.
Physical, fast-paced environment. Much emphasis on selling proprietary product. Leadership takes on an old-school mentality. Leadership through fear and intimidation is common.
Pro érvek
Product knowledge, free wine and beer for education.
Kontra érvek
Poor wages for non-management positions.
Great place to work at.
Cashier, Office Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2017, augusztus 31.
I loved to work at Total Wine but they recently switched me to night shift. So, I'm looking for a little more money at a new place and only work the day shift.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 3Jelentés