Thrifty Car and Van Rental
3.0 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Thrifty Car and Van Rental Alkalmazotti bírálat

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 341 értékelés megmutatása

Typical

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Fast paced position; retrieve cars, clean them, prep for next customer. This was a temporary - parttime position; Nothing hard about the job, always good meeting new people.

Being employed

Temp. No Benefits

No fun 😕 at work

Work for them since October and thought I'd had a contact but find out that I was on zero hours after being told from the start I was on full-time basis. So there move the goal post 📫 management not a clue how to run things glad to get away from thrifty.

i had a good experience

manager was very helpful and understanding always put others first work day was never really the same went to new places and met new and interesting people

free coffee, discounted hire

Kontra érvek

last minute pick ups would always be annoying

Interesting, Enjoyable and Challenging

Great place to work and the days fly by!An enjoyable and friendly place to work, whilst being challenging enough to offer a great feeling of job satisfaction.The perks are really good and encourage an upbeat environment.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

I find thrifty a good place to work

Every day is a different day, the wages should definitely be more or have an over time policy instead it’s a set rate, there’s no incentives to work late, on the up side you do get to drive top of the range cars so if you love your cars it’s a good job for you

Driving special cars

Kontra érvek

Definitely the wages they should really have a look at themselves

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Down time is the only good thing

I originally thought it would be cool to work at a rental car agency & easy. It’s fairly easy at thrifty but that just depends on the volume. The management is awful here. I’ve been here almost a month and they are already falsely accusing me of being late. And gave me a write up. They are terrible at hiring additional help so expect everybody to work everyday with no time off. I had a death in my family & no one cared, still wrote me up. The schedule keeps changing after they make one they change your off days & expect you to know. I am only working here until Christmas & that will be it for me. Im overqualified for this job as well so it’s definitely a pain.

A small paycheck

Kontra érvek

No breaks, terrible management, unorganized

Steer clear

Under constant pressure from day one when branch is massively understaffed.Staff turnover before and after leaving is constant. No help from senior management whilst in first year working and training new staff even though less than year into the job.If **** hits fan with no vehicles and it will, then left to your devices then disciplined for failure to fulfil rentals even after flagging up problems.

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It's alright depending on your needs

For the area I'm in, the pay is alright and using downtime as breaks helps (especially when it's longer than expected). The job is fairly simple and easy but overwhelming depending on workload. Management does answers to my needs but sometimes it can be messy whenever they're occupied doing something else and may not tend to your help.

Don’t do it

Don’t do it don’t go through with it.4 Managers in 3 months says it all.0 hours contract.Toxic management,no fleet,uncertainty about finishing time.Much better jobs are out there.

Some good people

Terrible place Doncaster branch

Just a dogs body poor pay, poor management, no job security, managers don’t have a clue what there doing, staff are all unhygienic, better off on dole

It’s cool

This job is really easy you will just be vacuuming cars all day it’s gets boring but it’s awesome at nights there are no managers around so it is super laid back

Freedom

Boring

Awful

The place is toxic basically school again don't bother. under paid undervalued and run by someone who has more neck than a giraffe. Much better paid jobs out there.

Nice cars

Too many
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A great place to work and getting better!

I have worked in Several large companies and can say with all honesty that this is the best employer i have had. I feel that within my job role i am given the opportunity to manage my own time in a relaxed yet hard working environment with a management structure which allows for self growth whilst offering guidance and assistance where needed. I feel that the company is continuing to develop and is pushing itself to close the gap between the Senior management and general staff to ensure that all employees feel valued and connected.

Enjoyable working Environment, approachable management and Great Gym Facilities
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great team of people and a lovely place to work

I am just about to reach my 10 year anniversary of working for the company. There are plenty of opportunities within the company for progression and the staff are enthusiastic, helpful and capable. I work with some fantastic people and I’m always able to find someone to assist me with anything I need assistance with. The facilities are great, with a modern office and a gym.

Pro érvek

Modern working environment and lovely people.

Kontra érvek

Flexitime would be a great addition to the working week.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Underpaid and management awful.

Underpaid with awful management who will just disappear for half an hour for tea breaks. Management will leave new starters for other team members to train. There is no privacy. If you need to discuss something with a member of management in private they will go and tell their favourite members of the team. They promise career progression but really your going nowhere as most of the management have been there long term and no positions to progress become available.AWFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Free hot drinks

Kontra érvek

Underpaid, no career development and awful management.

Brilliant place to work!

I find this job challenging at times but overall thrifty are a good company to work for with pension schemes,bonus’s and paid overtime. It’s a real family feel with all the staff and everyone looks out for each other.

Free parking, company cars

Saturday working
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great First Job Post High School!

No complaints here, as Thrifty Car Rental was a great employment experience right after completing high school. Flexible hours for lot attendants with a lot of opportunities for tips. Made great money at the time when you factor in tips (1992 before they moved to the Phx Airport Rental Car Center). Again, no complaints and I learned a lot about the rental car business and operations which helped me after college when I returned to the industry.

Flexible hours

No cons.

Terrible pay and management

Management is awful! Never on site to assist with unruly customers and pay is lousy for all the messed up stuff you have to deal with on a daily basis. Oh and there’s no scheduled breaks since you’re the only one working the counter

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Biggest waste of time ever

Thrifty is a company which is very cut throat. You won't receive any support from upper management you will be left on your own where you will expected to run a branch on your own when there is no other staff. The current branch manager is the only shining light in a very dark company.The company cars more about collecting sold cars and selling them on instead ensuring the branches have enough fleet to meet demand.Yet when you have no fleet and no staff the upper management will demand you to work even harder.The stress for working for this company isn't worth the time and effort working for them.As for wages there used to be a shift allowance due to the hours worked but that has been cutThey will expect you to work from 8 till 6 but you won't get paid any overtime.I highly recommend you avoid this company.

If I find one I will let you know

Kontra érvek

Long hours, unappreciated, low wage

Full of fake management.

If you like to work for a company where you constantly have to be around fake management this is definitely the role for you. Had three managers over a year, four staff start then leave. Constantly changing what you have and have not to do, so always chasing your tail. Quite a bit of back stabbing, branch managers and managers from other branches calling area managers and each other. Clear signs of people not being liked, so given little hours on their zero hours contract in the hope that they leave.

Pro érvek

Some of the people. No being in the office

No time for lunch.

Overall very good

I had overall a good experience working for THRIFTY car and van rental for 13 years l got on well with my colleagues and fitted in well with in the company.

Company looks after you

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Thrifty Car and Van Rental? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés