The Home Depot Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 36 753 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Good management
Department Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Schaumburg, IL2018, május 24.
Home Depot trains their people well. The culture is one of appreciation and respect, and the management team works well together. I enjoy most aspects of the job, and I manage a great team. Unfortunately, the job doesn't pay well.
Great people and benefits
Doesn't pay well
Ok but not great
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lacey, WA2018, május 24.
Really depends on the store manager, i worked at a store in WA that was wonderful and one in OR that was the exact opposite. works well with those who need flexibilty
willing to teach skills
no discount poor managment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great environment and wonderful staff
Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ellisville, MO2018, május 24.
It was an easy going job as long as you did what you needed to do. Staff was similar to one big family, everyone was very friendly and inviting to new employees. Management made it clear what roles and responsibilities you were to have.
Great environment
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the job/work, disliked the Company
Plumbing Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Antelope, CA2018, május 24.
I was full time, it took me four years to get that. I started off part-time working approx 20-38 hrs per week. I typically worked in one department, yet I was all over the store, helping customers. The hours are brutal, unless your in with the office people. You wont get set hours, unless you are in with the click. So a typical week you may work a 5-1 on Monday and Tuesday, have two days off then work a 2-11pm then the next day back to a 5-1pm and you will most defiantly work weekends.

Management has their favorite people, and if you aren't one of them, you can count on being shunned by them and theirs.

Yearly reviews: DH would give those. (Department heads) No matter how good you worked no matter if you gave the top of the line customer service, you were ONLY a Valued employee and they thought you should stay where your at, career wise. Unless, you were part of the click.

The culture, is kinda cult like. you either love it, or hate it.

The hardest part of the job, is when they cut peoples hours in all departments leaving one person in each. Then someone needs their break, leaving another person from another department to cover them. Now leaving one person to run two departments by themselves. Or you have people that some of us called, the Home depot shufflers. Which means, they would shuffle their feet going anywhere. So it could take them five minutes to get anywhere. We also had the good doers. Those were the ones that only worked in front of management, seeking approval, and once they left they'd sit down or go somewhere and hide the rest of the day.

My
  több... favorite part of the job was exactly what I was doing, helping customers out on the sales floor. helping them with their projects, helping locate what they needed for those projects.I learned so much about fixing on a house, and what tools and type of materials to use, for a specific job . That was amazing.

A moto I use often is: I came to work, not to make friends, but if I made a friend thats great, if I didn't, that was OK. As long as I knew I did a great job at the end of my shift, I was OK.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Customers, Learning about DIY tools, material.
Kontra érvek
Pay, Management, benefits, short handed, not enough hours, no discounts
Munkahelyi kultúra
Use to be fun but a lot has changed and some management are poor leaders. Don't really care about employees like they say.
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sioux City, IA2018, május 24.
I have learned a lot about people and not to be like some of my management. Not good leaders and set bad examples. They do not care about their employees like they say. Management makes their employees cry. When I started there, it was a wonderful work environment but has changed extremely.
The customer relationship
Poor management
Good training. Teamwork.
Designer/Sales (Volt alkalmazott) –  Peoria, AZ2018, május 24.
Customer service, stocking, computer work. Management-strict, however, well ran. On your feet and cement floors most of day. Great team. Flexible hrs.
Benefits, support
1 hour lunch
Positive and negative
Cashier/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tumwater, WA2018, május 24.
Good people. Poor management. Promotions are not based on tenure or how experienced you are. Managers are very clique oriented. Very slow during the winter. Super busy during the summer.
Excellent Customer Service
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, május 24.
There has never been a retail store I have worked for that gives as good customer service as The Home Depot. When there are long lines, the cashiers always call the customers toward their cash registers. Any time you need to return something, 99% of the things returned are accepted, you don't even need to bring your receipt most of the time! Also, any time an item is damaged at the time of purchase, there is a discount provided by the friendly cashiers. I would totally recommend this job to anyone who finds it easy to talk with customers.
Typical day
Cashier, Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbia, SC 292292018, május 24.
I believe this is a good job for college students who live at home. Very demanding as far as hours. Management is okay. The front is the best department in my opinion.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Front End Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Carrollton, GA2018, május 24.
They preach work/life balance but it is always work and no life balance. No communications from management. Say one thing but does another. Very stressful atmosphere.
Fun, fast and memorable
Overnight Operations Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pompano Beach, FL2018, május 24.
A typical work day at The Home Depot is fast, exciting, and always full of surprises. They encourage you to own your career and they give you constructive and valuable feedback. Management overall is great and brings many exciting challenges. The hardest part of the job is getting the right people on the bus in the right seat.
No comments
Project Coordinator/Data administrator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ontario2018, május 24.
Have no Comments towards my current work experience.
work life balance
Compensation is OK
Exposure to other department is limited
Advancement
Specialty Sales Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Florida2018, május 24.
Growth is difficult. Home Depot has made customer service difficult to achieve quality. Customer often have unrealistic expectations of store associates.
Salary
Work schedules
One Step up, 2 Steps down
Lot/Garden Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GA2018, május 24.
Although the pay from Home Depot was twice more than my previous job. It has problems with management, and no clear advancement in careers. Plus, at my store, there was rarely any chance of doing anything else with your life besides work due to the abhorrent scheduling.
Pro érvek
Every 2 hours gave a 15 minute break.
Kontra érvek
15 minute break was never a guarantee.
Bad management
Pro Account Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbia, SC2018, május 24.
The majority of employees in supervisor or above positions abuse authority, company policies and procedures and have no consequence. Upper management spends way too much time in meetings focusing on themselves and neglecting the associates and the sales floor.
The customers
Kontra érvek
Poverty level pay, abuse of management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Assistant Store Manager- Specialty (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  GTA, ON2018, május 23.
Lots of opportunities to grow if have the thrill and desire to excel.
Once you enter the managerial strata its difficult to maintain a work and life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
this is the place to work
Customer service desk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Albuquerque, NM2018, május 23.
this is the place to work it gives you the chance to grow and help you get their. the hardest part of the job is the customers as with all customer service its difficult AT TIMES but it can be really rewarding. Especially when you meet a customer that likes how you care for them and they want only you to help them. thats rewarding.
Benifets
Kontra érvek
part time only partial benifets
Munkahelyi kultúra
Home Depot Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hazlet, NJ2018, május 23.
Early hours are a drain on my shift. Work is interesting and challenging.overall good place The company is family oriented and that is good trair
Check out if you need a job.
Flexible
Kontra érvek
Not many except for pay increasings.
Great place to work.
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbia, SC2018, május 23.
I was a cashier right out of high school. great interaction with customers. Management was always friendly and helpful. Very flexible schedule. Always stayed busy, Would love to work there again.
Munkahelyi kultúra
managment did not help out when help was ask for
Department Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Loganville, GA2018, május 23.
my team and I did not get the support we needed from management even when we went to them and asked for help or suggestions of how to deal with situations
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: The Home Depot? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van