The Home Depot
3,7 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

The Home Depot Alkalmazotti bírálat

Értékelések kategória szerint

3,5Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
58 745 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelőenMind a(z) 58 747 értékelés megtekintése

No work/life balance, but decent people and pay

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Home Depot paid pretty decent during my time there, but in my position there was no way for me to have a set or somewhat consistent schedule, which led to numerous shifts ping-ponging from starting at 5am to 9am, or closing with no real reason. Management was pretty good at my location and seemed to care about the people if you were doing your job right. Not a bad place to work, but not a long term one for me.

Decent people and pay.

unpredictable schedule, coverage

Meh, it's retail

Pretty middle of the road as far as employment goes- I didn't stay long enough to learn about advancement. Didn't love job, but didn't hate it either.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Management wants you to take charge of your department but doesn't want to pay or reward your try to hold coworkers accountable for theirs.

Poor management . Care for stock holders and corporate suits instead of its workers. Very high turn over with poor customer service and product service.

Pro érvek

Health insurance for part time workers.

Kontra érvek

A lack of training, support, and advanment.

Fun place to work

It’s a good environment if you have a good manger the pay could be better but. Heavy on external apprehension your good as long as you get one a week.

Decent workplace

Decent place to work, pay is inadequate. Adults definitely engage in drama and gossip. Great benefits. Scheduling is not set, it differs every week and sometimes you get horrible hours but your department supervisor/manager usually will give you more hours if you ask and they are able to.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Meh

They say they care but they dont, they only care about you getting credit cards. As a cashier they over work you and make you feel stressed. Management was meh, different mangers were ok some were rude and had favorites, my only favorite part was the free food

eh

The job was okay. Lots of standing but thats with any job I guess. Breaks were nice and the mangers were nice as well. I left because I found better employment.

Mixed feelings.

Culture was fun and it felt as if management cares, but when it gets rough, it gets rough. Management often expects perfection in the lowest of times, often with no additional compensation. Overworked when it benefits them but will be cut once no longer needed.

Fun

Sometimes the job was salary based and fair. Sometimes it wasn’t. I liked the structure. Management was great. I loved it here and sad I had to leave.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fine job for the college student, or as a second job.

Clock in, check for returns, walk the department for any empty shelves to fill in, help customers on looking for the items, do customer orders depending on the department you are in. Work is not difficult at all in terms of physicalness but depends on person to person and department. The average day could be slow at times and is reputable. Sometimes there is only one person in the department when they should be more than one. The associates are good people, some are hard working and then some often call out, do the bare minimum or just disappear. Management could be mediocre at times. Big gap in the year differences between the long term associates and recent associates. It obviously shows the issues that retail has in general. However Home Depot is a good part time job for the average college student or someone who is looking for a 2nd job. Full time is questionable unless you are trying to move up in the company. End of the day it is retail and the work will be similar to any other big box retailer.

Pro érvek

Flexible Scheduling, Two bonus checks per year, Good benefits.

Kontra érvek

Hours get cut, understaffed most of the time, mediocre work atmosphere.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great family-like atmosphere, but management is terrible

I worked at the Home Depot for 4+ years. In those 4+ years I made many life-long friends. The company, pay, and benefits are pretty good. The work atmosphere can be great, but management is terrible. They always say the same speech about how they dislike favoritism, yet still participate in it. I had a couple great managers here and there, but overall they were not good. Most of them only care about sales and making sure the customer doesn't leave a bad review. In my store the customer could literally be cussing us out or spitting at us and the managers would make us help them to appease them.

Work atmosphere, company, benefits

management and favoritism
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to work if you want to learn retail.

Home Depot is a great opportunity to learn. Training is computer based and On-Hand. There is a wide range of activities to learn and the primary goal of sales and stock management are equal to those of other companies. Moving up in the company gets tight on the management end due to minimal turn over. People work hard and get into those positions with the intent to stay.

Pro érvek

Education and training, overall work environment is normal for retail.

Kontra érvek

Employees are very loyal, The culture does not drive people out, getting to the top is somewhat challenging.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive, large quantities of micromanagement

You normally have to fight to take breaks or lunches that are scheduled. Advancement is hindered if not available except to a chosen few. Even those chosen end up in a decade long battle to move to the next level. Asking for time off is a struggle even if you have vacation time to use. Raises are far and few between, even more so of late. The community is very positive though for the most part.

Pro érvek

The pay is above average atm

Kontra érvek

Breaks and lunches are hard to receive

It's a job.

It's a job... Sadly they pick up bodies and don't train or have new people training new people... Management is nice but not proactive. Like most companies over work the real hard workers and hand out participation trophies to non workers.

Great starting Job

Good starting Job, wouldn't recommend long term unless you buddy up with the managers. You'll learn quite a bit so it's a good learning experience all-around.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Environment can be tiring but people are great

I have been a flooring specialist for three years now, and overall it has been good. My only complain is that I am cross trained in various positions so when we are short staffed I have so much pressure to be available for more than one department and will get in trouble for not being in my department. It can get very overwhelming. My coworkers are always great to be around.

Would not recommend

I worked at Home Depot for a year and would not go back. No way of moving up for this company or at least the store I worked at unless you know someone. And nearly impossible to be Full Time.

Pay

Work

It's a job. Pay could be better. Management needs to care about employees more. Flexibility is there when needed. You learn alot about the different departments.

Good only temporary

I’ve been working with HD for about ten years. HD has been great working with me while going to school, but that was about it. Pay is low. You’ll be making as much as a new hire regardless of how many years you’ve put into the company

For the pay, great job

Relatively low maintenance, pays well and the people are nice. If you're young and looking for a job while in school, I couldn't think of a better choice.

Pay isn't worth it

The pay isn't worth it all, you're over worked for a little $13 a hour. You can't go over 40 hours because they will make you cut it. Overall it's toxic
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: The Home Depot? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés