Swift Transportation

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 4 130 értékelés megmutatása

Very intense work environment

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
I learnt quite a lot while in the company. However, there was not enough diversity in the company. Most of the workers were from India. The Contractors were treated as second class citizens.

Free drinks

Micro-management of employees

No over time pay

No time off. No sick days. No PTO. And to get a safety bonus your required to work 6 days. (Which don't make sense to me). I could be a safe driver and still won't get a bonus because I take 2 days off in the week.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not a terrible starter for new drivers

As a new driver just turned 21 I’ve had a decent experience between OTR and on a dedicated acc for target. I have experience in CDL class B but I really enjoy driving for swift currently. I’ve tried to apply to other companies but the hours or benefits just can’t be swift. And yes swift has a bad name but we all can make a change one good driver at time. If all goes well I plan to buy a truck through Swift after gaining another year of experience and some money down. It’s an easy way into starting Owner Op from what I hear without having to pay insane rates on insurance being fully owner from the start! Best of luck. PS I am home daily with a sleeper truck :)

Pro érvek

Sleeper truck, benefits, equipment is great, owner op opportunity, free clothes

Poor planning, okay management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good starter company. But they are cheap.

Working with swift nearly 2 years I can’t complain much. Although the longer you work here you see how cheap they can really be. Pay isn’t that great compared to other otr companies
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It's swift transportation! Do I really need to say anything else?

A typical workday as a lead mechanic (service writer) it starts by assigning work orders to technicians. Then driver's start coming in, they write up their equipment for repairs, you translated into a language the mechanic can understand by means of a work order. When you're not assigning work orders or talking to drivers, you're working on the equipment. Swift is run like a retail mechanic shop; everything has a standard job time. 15 minutes to change a tire, 7 minutes to change a mudflap and so on. You will not be sitting at the desk; you will be working as a mechanic and a service writer. When one of the technicians takes a day off you will be taking up the slack for that technician and not getting paid time and a half after 40. Yeah! Fact sheet number 19! If you need a job, take it until you find something better and you will find something better.

Pro érvek

They had a nice drivers lounge.

Kontra érvek

They change your work schedule; you don't get paid time and a half after 40.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Layed back atmosphere.

As long as you do your job there's money to be made. Give notification of any situation as it occurs. Always pre trip be aware of all or any failures with your rig it's your money maker.

Fun company

Swift is a great place for new drivers starting out. I have a amazing driver leader and a amazing support staff in New Boston mi. I would recommend swift to anyone wanting to get there cdl.

Driver

Good experience , travel, live, time.Wonderful time I’m very good people in the work I don’t have any bad experiencePerfect place to learn and growThanks for everything
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

My Driver Leader made it very easy to fulfill my trips

Good pay. They kept me on the road as much as I wanted.I would be back with them but the Qualcomm sent me places I didn't need to go. Hopefully they change that soon.

good experience

good place to work for. flexible with my upcoming plans. i liked that. plenty freight. good benefits. 2 day orientation. dispatcher could be better replying.

good pay/bonus

Kontra érvek

long hours/ hot or cold truck depending on outside weather
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Ok place here and there.

Be careful drivers they will try to put stuff on your driving record that you are unaware of and when you try to contest it you can’t get a hold of anyone in safety.

Decent place to work

Working at swift is decent. Their pay isn't the best but it pays the bills. If you applied for the safety compliance position you're going to get e pretty good amount of overtime. The people their are generally pretty nice.

Very good

Very good trucking company's , didn't really have anything to complain about, just shut up and drive and do what u were hired to do, that's basically it really

Free lunch h

Bad breakdown

Get your experience

If just starting your trucking career it will be a good fit. It is an okay company, just get your experience. Plenty of accounts to choose from, find what fits you best. Depending on your managers it can be rewarding.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Get your experience and leave

Lowest paying trucking company, unorganized, they’ll always try to cheat you out of your money.Swift is only good to get your one year of CDL experience and go.

Bad workplace

Sucks to work there they don’t treat there employees well you don’t make good money bases are horrible equipment sucks and it’s an all around horrible place
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Lots of miles, great driver support

Easy to work for. Extreme driver support. Great terminal support.. free laundry... I would go back to work for them in a heart beat. OTR, good Miles.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

You will work in 115° weather outside for hours!

Haven't been there very long. They made it sound nice and fluffy in the interview. Make sure you ask the questions that are important to you! Or they will leave things out. The reason for my rating is that they told me I would be working in extreme heat outside my entire shift sometimes! 113° - 118° how us that not a safety issue?! That is not safe for anyone! Also, the position said a certain time to work but the manager asked to show up 30min early everyday for meeting non paid.

Pro érvek

Non that I saw in the short time I was there

Kontra érvek

Work in extreme heat. Have to walk a quarter mile from car to work stations. Old facility!

Challenging

It is an ok company I’m just starting off and already been through a lot but I’m making the best out of the experience. The communication is great. Haven’t made a lot of good money yet. We will see how it goes.

Summery

Great company great pay for a start up great benefits could be a lil safer but mostly it works also I had a great time while out with the trainer lots to see and lots to learn out in the open road
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and fun place to work

I had a very professional dispatcher. I was given flexible routes. The pay was ok! I was able to get a newer truck sooner. I like the Otr routes I was able to drive to Oregon and Florida. I drove in the mountains when it was snowing pretty good! I learned about mountain driving and chains. I drove the 48 states and my dispatcher was very professional and did not micromanage my routes.

Free things

Not enough trailers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Swift Transportation? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés