Sun Country Airlines

3,4Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 274 értékelés megmutatása

Management per department was great; upper management, not so much

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
I did not feel supported by upper management (the owner and payroll/hr). There are no benefits given. If you tend to work overtime, you are forced to be put on salary, but not compensated for your extra work. I had to get a second part-time job to support myself while also going to school, and was criticized and reprimanded for needing to share my time since I was not being paid enough to support myself. If you are looking for a part-time job while you're at school, and you don't need the money to support yourself, this is a great company for that. If you are looking for a career or a way to pay for living expenses, I do not recommend working here.

Job was fun

The job was fun but the Pay is not so great. Pretty standard for airline positions. Interview was fun and easy. Lots is standing and walking as a ticket agent.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing They only have a couple supervisors that know what their doing, they allow the employee's to stand around talk and do nothing. They come to work when they which makes it more work for everyone who does come to work.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The Staff that supervises. Some co-worker's very young immature only there for the flight benefits means more work for others.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Dysfunctional needs reconstruction perfessional supervisors, and managers.What is a typical day like for you at the company?In by 4am out by 9am 3days a week. 2 days a week in by 4am out by 9am then had to return back at 12pm off at 5pm. The 12pm-5pm is the worse shift.

Micromanaging at its finest

If you enjoy being micromanaged, this is the place for you! Pay is horrible considering Delta and other airlines start out at $21.75/hr or higher. Flight benefits are pointless if you’re trying to fly to a major city/destination, you must fly stand-by for the free flights. Which means if the flight is full, you get bumped to the next available flight. And all the talk about employees getting the “best seat” that’s available to completely bs, as well. Every time we flew, we got put in the very last row of the plane, which has no reclining option and the seats are like a jump seat, extremely small and uncomfortable.Again if you like to be Micromanaged and like working for penny’s…this is the place for you.

Terrible Pay, Poor Work/Life Balance

I worked at Sun Country as a Flight Attendant for 1 year. The pay is brutal, don’t let the “21.53” fool you. You get paid for about half the time you are actually working. The starting wage is WELL below other airlines. You need another job to support yourself, but there isn’t any flexibility to do so unless you’ve been there for a long time. You get an employee number when you start and that is what they refer to you as. I will say some of the layovers were fun and the crews I worked with so that’s what made it worth it. A lot of it is just turns though (fly somewhere and come right back without getting off the plane). You start on reserve which means 5 days in a row of being on call 24/7. The scheduling method is ancient and you can’t request time off.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Highly stressful and incompetent management. especially in maintenance.

Don't work here. high stress they expect you to be available 7 days a week. A lot of managers that don't know what they are doing a lot of them came from Delta.

Great coworkers!

I’m a flight attendant and I’ve never met so many helpful, accepting coworkers. Sun Country hires amazing people and it really does feel like a family. Great place to work!

High Stress Environment

You must be very emotionally stable. This job is a high stress environment. Management for customer service only care about your averages for call handling time not the quality of service you provide. You are lucky to receive a quarter raise yearly, if that. Not much room for growth in customer service.

Exactly what you think

You will be working hard everyday day Might get some down time During the summer flights pick up so you will be working non stop winter too The flight benefits are nice but you barley can use it since it’s hard finding people to cover for you

Overworked and Underpaid

Short flights but long days . 6 legs or more a day. Considering the flights are short , you will board and deplane all day , and like all airlines you only get paid when the aircraft door is shut . Short flights= less pay . 15 hr days but total flight time is only 8hrs considering u get paid only in the air . Need to have two incomes or you will not survive off the salary unless you are a senior flight attendant. Can only speak for GPT base on the short flights with 6 legs .
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

They have favorites over others

The managers have picks who they like. Some managers don’t help. Managers talk about others business around the company. Managers have relations with their workers , managers sleep with other managers and come to work and talk about it with their employees. Very high school. If you report anything to a manager they don’t take it serious.

Pro érvek

Some workers will help you

Short breaks

I love my co workers

It is a flexible job when you have about 5 years of seniority.The planes are dirty and the passengers seem to be getting worse. (meaning demanding, disrespectful, messy, rude, etc.) It can be a fun job but you will get burned out.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Loved the people, culture , training and management

I Loved everything but with the Pilot Shortage I could no longer commute to work in GPT. I would’ve stayed there until I retired! Excellent company !
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Decent place to work free flights management should step it up more

One great thing is definitely the flight benefits they kick in right when you hired.Bad thing is management has got sloppy I sure hope they turn it around but man do I love going to Vegas

Strict schedule bidding

Can’t adjust schedule at all. I needed to switch part time due to issues with child care during the pandemic. I was told I had to wait a month in a half. I had to quit. I was in training with my manager. So there was a learning curve for everyone, which made it difficult when I had questions. They have great benefits.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Lack of communication/Lack of support/no chance of advancement

It's sad to know that this company does not care if you get injured here at their company. I got injured on the job & I email all of my restrictions to my manager when i get them. The lead on duty was never given any of this information about restrictions from the manager so they tell me to continue my job like i have no restrictions, then i end up injuring another part & now their work comp doesn't want to cover the 2nd injury that was sustained by their lack of communication. No one supports you at this company & The supervisors in this area are not supportive. They put you where they want to put you & if you have ailments & ask to work in a specific area because it might be better for you they don't care. They will put you where they want to put you. When trying to contact Human resources you NEVER get a response back. Managers do not respond back to you. I have had to contact much higher up & then i did get a response, not necessarily in a timely manner but i got a response. i would say the hardest part of the this job is the lack of communication & the supervisors who have their title go to their head.The best part of the job is the culture of all of the people that i have gotten to work with. They are pretty much the only reason i am still there!I would also like to point out that this company does NOT tell you when you apply for this job that you will ALWAYS need to rebid on your job & your hours WILL change if your hours were taken by another worker in the bid process.

Pro érvek

very cultural people i get to work with

Kontra érvek

lack of support, not willing to help you advance, lack of training

Don't Work Here

If you value your sanity, don't work here. I ended up getting assaulted and quitting this job. Sure the benefits were good, but I would've liked it if they didn't take advantage of me.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?It’s a fast paced work environment. If you like fast paced this is a great job for you ! What is the most stressful part about working at the company?This place is so unorganized, bias , unprofessional ,has poor management, people and communication skills. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Upbeat . Definitely not a family kind of place more like a high school.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A lot of work for little pay

Management was not interested in paying decent wages. They would keep training us to do more work with very little additional compensation. Would hire supervisors from outside the company

Cca

I enjoyed most days working there and I loved the residents . I loved working in a house better the. A big nursing home. It feels more like a home for the residents

Free lunches

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Low pay. Can't keep good people

Good people keep on leaving at the corporate office because of the low pay, so you're left with a bunch of people who don't care and just get by with minimal effort every day. It's so bad that it's impacted operations safety because there's not enough maintenance.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Sun Country Airlines? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés