Stanford University Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 524 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Inefficient management
Clinical Research Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Palo Alto, CA2018, október 14.
Working at Stanford provides good work-life balance and descent benefits; the management team is dysfunctional which results in extra stress from time to time.
Community Associate
Community Associate for family courtyard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, október 9.
I only worked here briefly as a Community Associate while living there as a grad student family. I helped work with the families to create activities and events for the families.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Staff are considered second class citizens
Student Services Officer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, október 3.
I have worked in a couple positions at Stanford and it is pretty clear to me that management on campus do not value their employees. They regularly ignore the concerns and needs of the staff and continue to overly tend to the faculty and students. If you work with students, you will find that many are quite entitled and that they have been hand held their entire academic career at Stanford. Faculty are extremely difficult to work with as they believe that all staff are essentially their secretaries. The Stanford name means something on your resume but once you get here, it is not necessarily a good place to work. I am sure that many departments and centers have excellent support of their staff but what I have seen so far has been quite disappointing and it makes me want to leave the education field entirely.
Beautiful campus
Kontra érvek
Expensive parking, lack of opportunities for promotion, low pay for the area
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Look at rent in the area before accepting a job
Postdoctoral Researcher (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, szeptember 29.
Great opportunity for exposure to different lines of research, collaborations, great ideas. The work was challenging but I grew from the experience. I would have liked to collaborate more to get publications.
Flexible and Fun work enviroment
Computer Resource Consultant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, szeptember 25.
Stanford was an awesome place to work at. I have grown and polished up so much in my career here. The work schedule is very flexible and resources from my team were always available using Slack. I recommend working here if you want to grow knowledge and have fun.
Variety of collaboration
Research nurse II (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  800 welch road2018, szeptember 22.
Checking in with patients initiates collaboration with study team (PIs and study coordinators), pharmacy, and clinical/research lab for smooth my nursing care. I normally have 4-5 patients on my 10 hours shifts with at least two infusions for my assignment. Managing my priority and providing best patient care to improve nursing quality, clinical outcomes, patient and study team satisfactory have rooted in my heart, and patients and study team recognition has been my best rewarding for my every busy work day.

Challengers occur every day when we are short of staff with busy schedule, but it turns out close bonding when accomplishment a busy complicated clinical day. Team work and teaching our new staff to grow is continuously demanding but rewarding.
Excellent tranning
Fellow (Volt alkalmazott) –  Red Wood City and Stanford Hospital2018, szeptember 22.
One of the best place to get pain management training. I like the ''everything under one roof'' environment, including interventional pain management, PT, pain psychology, et al, a truly multidisciplinary pain management.
Stanford University
Postdoctoral Scholar, Dept. of Urology (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA 943052018, szeptember 21.
It is a place learn and achieve. There are lots of smart people who have done well in the research arena. So if you are curious, want to do good work and learn a lot then there are lots of resources available at your disposal.
Professional and Structured workplace
Finance Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Palo Alto, CA2018, szeptember 21.
Overall experience was exactly what I expected. Professional, diverse environment, and room for growth. The consistency of the staff was also exceptionally attentive to our departments needs.
RA experience
Research Assistant, Department of Sociology (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, szeptember 18.
• Investigated the mobility and inter-organizational relationships of the Chinese bureaucracy
• Applied statistical models and parsed large social network datasets to extrapolate patterns of career movement among different government offices using R
• Designed and implemented algorithms to calculate and visualize social network structures and dynamics
Cutthroat
Administrative Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Palo Alto, CA2018, szeptember 13.
You don't mean jack unless you know somebody or have been there for 5+ years. Everyone treats you like you're easily replaceable. Unfortunately everything runs downhill.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Well managed and fun place to collabort
Assistant Event Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, szeptember 11.
I loved working at Stanford. Most days were very busy. I have learned so much in these three month. For example, how Stanford financial system works where money comes from, which organization gets the most funds. If one organization runs out of funds where can they get more. what does different PTA mean. It well managed business. I love the culture of Stanford it is very collaborative. The hardest part of my job was chasing students to get all the documents together to reconcile the end of month financial statements. Most enjoyable part was that working with people who been there for ten, fifteen and thirty years. If I didn't understand any thing they helped me out and explained how Stanford system works. I loved working at Stanford Law School. Would love to work with those amazing people again.
Stanford
Undergraduate Housing Building Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, szeptember 10.
Great work life balance, beautiful campus, surrounded by positive and intelligent colleagues. Working with students allows for new and exciting challenges.
Long time ago
Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  United States2018, szeptember 7.
I had an internship experience at the university five years ago, and it is not a very vague memory to me. Friendly environment although with little management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wants to be flexible/progressive and isn't
Human Resources (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stanford University2018, szeptember 6.
A lot of ideas are touted at Stanford (flexible schedules, ability to telecommute to name a few) but your access to these arrangements is entirely dependent on your manager. If you get a conservative manager, you won't get any of these benefits. Stanford should find a way to make sure that these types of things are offered to the entire workforce and that their management can't interpret the rules as they see fit.
Pro érvek
Backup care benefit, tuition reimbursement, yearly funds for training
Kontra érvek
Decentralized, if you get a bad manager, you will be a bit stuck.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Telecommunications Operator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, augusztus 30.
Love Stanford University. Great benefits and room for advancements . They always have fun events to attend , not sure about other departments but mine the management allowed us to attend during work hours
Working at Stanford
Designer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, augusztus 30.
A great place to learn new skills and advance professionally. Much support for professional growth, teamwork, and reaching out across the university to make connections.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stanford University is not only beautiful, but cutting-edge
Accounting Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, augusztus 30.
Stanford University is not only a beautiful and friendly atmosphere to work in, the researchers, faculty and staff are among the best people to work with and for.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stanford a great place to work
Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, augusztus 29.
Stanford is a great place to work. It offers a work-life balance, flexible hours, remote work, and excellent benefits. It offers tuition reimbursement for children.
Excellent benefits, tuition reimbursements
Wary of your choice
IT (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stanford, CA2018, augusztus 27.
It's easy to get pigeon held here. They do not often promote from within and get too comfortable with where you are positioned. Seen too many people come here for several years not move up and instead move on. However, the work environment is very comfortable. Management will provide training and can be very supportive of that. Still do not expect to move anywhere as you can get all that training and watch the position you want be filled by an outside contractor.

The new CIO is great and is against these models but has to put Stanford through a culture change before that is possible.

In short do not consider this for long term unless you are coming in with a position you are happy to retire in. In that case once you join Stanford they will take care of you.
Pro érvek
Good benefits, good working environment, training opportunities
Low pay, Pigeon holds.
Céges oldal igénylése

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Stanford University? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van