Slalom Consulting

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 140 értékelés megmutatása

Workplace culture

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
I really enjoyed the people I worked with at Slalom - smart, thoughtful, and personable. Despite Slalom having a people-oriented culture, you don't have that much control over which clients you will work with and your daily experience is tied more to that company culture than Slalom's and is not always a positive or encouraging experience.

Fun workplace

To many hours a day the management was terrible hardest part was doing 12 hours a day but the job was very easy and payed good but the hours was to much
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Amazing culture and work life balance

Slalom is a place where you will feel valued. Leadership makes effort to support you really well. I love all my co-workers and teams I am on. They aren't kidding when they claim to be people focused!

friendly co-workers, good leadership

Kontra érvek

promotions are mostly self paced (can be a con if asking for promotions is intimidating for you)
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Those who can do, those who can't get promoted at Slalom

Never been in a bigger virtue singling company than Slalom.Never had a less accountable team than Slalom.Manager forced through two projects that lead to revenue loss in the millions. They promoted the manager to director. Sales are down and people are panicking.Good thing their mirco managers will go away for a week, then blame it on formatting.On a positively note their checks clear.

Pro érvek

See bad management first hand

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great culture & people, take a lot ownership during my work

A startup team culture every time during projectTook lead every time during projectGreat work life balanceNever encourage to work overtimeFair salaryPeople appreciated your achievement & hard work all the timeSelf-motivated learner encouraged

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Great people, mileage may very

ProsGood work life balanceGenuine interest in maintaining culture and inclusion but… also trying to become a big companyMedium Career path depends on your interest in sales and how well placed your people leader isSlalom is trying to become the next Accenture, so they are hiring a lot of ex Deloitte etc. Cons PTO is limitedEngagements can be repetitive and staff aug

Great collaboration; smart people

People driven culture with terrific collaboration. Decent range of clients across multiple industries and lots opportunities to grow and develop if you are proactive.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It is what you make of it

Good people and the blueprint for success is there but you have to work really hard to make everything happen for yourself. Pay is not as competitive as Big 4 etc, but still pretty decent

Love Slalom!

Pretty happy at Slalom, however, the hard part about evaluating the company as a whole is due to the fact that your experience will tie directly to which market you are in. In my case, I love my market leadership/office but I know it isn't consistent across the board. Overall great WLB, mediocre benefits, average pay. In the past few years, has definitely become much more large consulting firm-esque but not necessarily a bad thing. Many people who end up at Slalom are were burnt out at other Big 4 consultancies, so take that for what it's worth.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good company to start and gain experiense

- Good people and Work/life balance are good- Work is a different project to project since it's a consultant company. you may end up with a project with a tech stack that you know less

Growth Opportunities and Care for Employees

Pros:1. Growth opportunities and proper alignment to roles2. Desired check-ins from Management to ensure things are going smoothly from Client and employee3. Support learning opportunities Cons:1. Would appreciate better benefits 2, Scheduled salary increase
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?Work Life Balance & the peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?A bit disjointed and growing rapidly
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company to work for - organically grows and provides path for advancement

Builds a great culture that is employee and client focused. Plenty of opportunities to grow and expand with new service lines. Progressive company with employee ownership opportunitites. Best company I have ever worked for.

Pro érvek

employee focused - keep the employee happy, they'll keep the clients happy.

Kontra érvek

lots of local commutes (pre-covid)- tougher in socal with long distances between clients

Great culture

They have a great culture and really care about their people. They are big on inclusion and diversity and have a lot of social events. You really do have the opportunity to create your own career path.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?The best part is the people. Everyone at Slalom is genuine and invested in helping one another succeed. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The most stressful part would most likely be the nature of the business, consulting, a lot is driven by the desires of the clients.

Internal Leadership Role

May not reflect the consulting side of the business, but it's an absolute mess internally. The executive suite is wholly focused on growth and revenue at the expense of internal organizations. Within the first month manager said, "Don't trust anyone from other teams." There are some exceptional people internally, but in many cases you will not have a leader that has the experience, background, and skillset to lead a productive team. One of the worst experiences in a 15 year career, which includes Amazon.

Kontra érvek

- Actual culture does not align with the culture they project, awful work life balance (14+ hrs, weekends), no support from leaders, more time spent on politics than deliverables, death by consensus, absence of capable leaders
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The people are beyond amazing and the work is interesting

Everyone I have worked with since joining the company has been nothing but engaged and completely competent. The work I have been able to engage with has been challenging, rewarding, and overall fun.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great culture even better opportunities

Awesome place to work and thrive. Great management all the way to the CEO. Culture is very inclusive and diverse. Great communication and vision provided by leadership.

Good Work Life Balance, Feels like Company cares about me and my growth

Nice place to work, I feel like I learned a lot about consulting and honed some people skills but not enough technical growth at times. The work life balance is pretty nice and I generally don't feel super stressed usually but it depends on the project you get put on.

Good Work Life Balance, My Manager Cares About me

Career Growth not Great, Staff Augmentation

New challenges everyday!

I am glad I worked at Slalom Consulting. It is fun place and great place to work. Management are very helpful and they go the extra mile to make you comfortable.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Slalom is a high-energy, thought-conscious culture full of bright and upcoming business and technical professionals.

Slalom is a fast-paced, high-energy environment.The onboarding process lacked (joining during Covid played a factor). Difficulty getting face time with other employees. Everyone looking for billable hours.

Fair benefits/ pay. Great culture
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Slalom Consulting? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés