SkyWest Airlines

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 785 értékelés megmutatása

It's a good start for 121pilot career

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
The company is playing games when it comes to employees compensation, right now skywest is the lowest pay in the industry and they don't seems to show any importance to their employees, people are leaving the company for this reason.

Its okay

a lot of favoritism but overall a good stepping stone. A good place to learn how to use your tools. working over nights is not as bad as it seems. Pretty simple work unless the plane broke BROKE
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The greatest show on earth

Good place to learn about aviation, flight benefits are below par. Management is average. Workplace culture does not exist IMO. The hardest part of the job, LOL its was easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with awesome mechanics.

paid lunch

Healthcare costs
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Don’t miss out by starting somewhere else.

Although the pay is not incredible, SkyWest is working to fix that. The culture is fantastic. The managing pilots are incredible and the organization is great. SkyWest is a great place to start but also seems to be a great place to stay. The routes and domiciles are the best in the regionals, and the company is always trying to help you advance if you wish.

Overall Great Company

Worked for almost 3 years, and I've been impressed by many things. Pay is decent and we're in the process of negotiating new pay that will be better. Overall, I feel the company cares about giving us at least a decent QOL

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Benefits in good company

Benefits are OK great place to start off working you'll learn a lot They're very forgiving if you make a mistake. We love to have fun and crack jokes. In the company thinks of you as a person not a number.

Fun at first

This job is fun at first until you realize that you are incredibly under paid and can barely afford to live. Travelling from city to city on a daily basis and wear on you physically and mentally.

Gotta love the travel

The travel benefits are the only reason I've stayed. Can be long hours and high stress. The culture is not what it used to be when the founders started the company 50 yrs ago. As first responders, have the feeling like others in feeling burnt out when others don't pull their weight. Overall a decent company but being able to travel the world makes it hard to leave.

travel the world

Kontra érvek

sometimes hard to get time off, pay seems low for everything that is required

Great training

I’m enjoying training, they take care of you, they pay for ATP TRAINING! they pay during your whole training. Good hotels they put you in for training.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Little to no work/life balance. “Regional pay”

If you’re not on reserve and have a line, often times whatever schedule you’re given, you have to work. There are rarely times when you can drop/swap trips. Makes it extremely difficult to have a work/life balance, especially as a commuter. Many months I would only have 2 days off in between 4-6 day trips. If you are planning on commuting, I definitely do not recommend. For some reason, the pay difference doing the same exact job (if not even more) is so much lower at a regional vs. mainline. If you’re planning on being a FA, just wait until you can get hired on with a mainline carrier. It might take longer, but it’ll be so much more worth it in the long run.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

They don't care about employees

You are merely a cog. Easily replaceable and simply labor. You will never be compensated what you're worth. They will try to attract with travel benefits.

Wishy-Washy Leadership

Being completely honest here, they're loosing employees left & right at an uncontrollable rate due to inadequate pay and a nonabsorbable workload. Meaning; The pay sucks and the remaining employees are being overworked.The goal is to be an asset, not a number. Kindly reached out to management regarding my position. For a second I thought, "wow, they're willing to work with me", but then I was told the available positions that needed to be filled by today became unavailable. I didn't see a future and respectfully resigned until all of a sudden the positions were available once again.Long story short, would you stay with a company like that? I didn't...
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company... management can be heavy handed

I really enjoyed my time working at Skywest. The company itself cares greatly about their employees however managment depending on the base you are in varies widely... I remember the email about "coming into work during the polar vortex and being uniform compliant (PS Managment isnt coming in)" while other bases got emails from the managers saying "Sorry its so cold thanks for working in these conditions wear whatever you need to stay warm. Come to the crew room and get a hot chocolate and talk with us about any concerns. If you don't think its safe for you to come to work stay home"

Travel, Co-workers, Lots of Fun

Kontra érvek

Managment is too all over the place

good to start

This is a good company to get experience as a flight attendant. They preach moving to mainline or legacies to get better pay/treatment. You'll work a lot of hours for okay pay. Small aircraft and small/local destinations, you'll get to know your "regulars". Commuting is frowned upon and almost impossible if you live outside of your base. Eating while on the road is difficult (microwaves and mini fridges in your hotel room aren't super common). If you have time to use them, the discounted flight benefits are great. Healthcare is great. You'll meet a lot of interesting people and every day is different.

discounted travel on days off, health benefits, 401k

overworked, underpaid, underappreciated
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Family vibe but little pay

The job is fun, you'll have a lot of experiences and your seniority grows fast making you're schedule flexible but the pay is horrible for how hard they work you. You work for 4 manlines and you work harder and get paid less than a mainline flight attendant.

Fun place to work

The job is really easy and the people are nice the pay could be better not a bad place to start out right out of school shift bid is nice unlimited overtime as well
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good old boy environment, horrible pay, terrible management

One of the worst regional airlines out there, they have no game plan how to flow The work that they have coming in every night, and they act like they’ve never seen an airplane broke and have no idea what to do to fix it they are completely lost. The pay is way below standard, and the management is not a buddy buddy network, if you’re not in the club then you are shunned.I thought Mesa was bad until I worked for SkyWest

Flight privileges

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fun work, poor pay, good flight benefits

Poor pay, good flight benefits, shift scheduling at my station is easy and intuitive to swap and adjust for life happening, and the job is genuinely enjoyable, something new every day.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

company consistently takes away quality of life

This company decided that instead of paying a bonus out, that it would use that money to pay out employees if they bid for the first pay negotiation that came along. This was also to discourage a union. They bragged about a huge pay increase but it wasn't much for flight attendants since we work half the flight hours of our actual duty time. So a $2 increase is more like $1. The senior flight attendants had no pay increase, if not pennies. The company boasted that we were the highest paid regional but we voted before other companies and now we're back to one of the lowest paid. They offered pilots huge bonuses and bumped their pay, and then told Flight Attendants that they couldn't possibly afford to pay us a cost of living adjustment. This is also right after the company bought a bunch of brand new jets and told the shareholders that were making unprecedented money.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great Benefits and Awesome People to work with!

While I worked there, pay was painfully low. This job is a high energy (can be high stress job). Expect new things every day, which I loved! Turn over is very high in crew support. Staff is always willing to help, and my manager at the time was an awesome guy. The people I have worked with have become some of my best friends. Right before I left, I got promoted to a shift lead. At the same time SkyWest had raised the pay of new employees but didn't raise the pay of anyone currently working there, so as a 2 year senior employee, new employees were making the same as I was, which I didn't think was right. This seems to be a theme with SkyWest. It was disheartening especially after reading articles that the CEO has just given himself and his upper management team several million dollar bonuses. On the note of bonuses... they are not anything to get excited about. Most the time you are looking at getting an extra $50 a quarter. For as big as SkyWest is, and how expensive it is to live in St. George, they need to revise their pay further and place more value on their employees. You definitely feel expendable to this company. I left with a large group of employees (about 13 of us). However! Their training and their travel benefits are amazing, I don't think that you'll get any better! It's a great place to start, but you have to be ok dealing with work drama.

Pro érvek

Great flight benefits, amazing co-workers

Feel expendable, low wages
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at SkyWest Airlines?The travel perks are definitely the best part of this job.What is the most stressful part about working at SkyWest Airlines?This job at times has no flexibility and many times you feel like just another person working for the man.What is the work environment and culture like at SKY WEST AIRLINES?This can go either way, either you’re working with a team and everyone gets along, and I might even say have excellent rapport and respect for one another, and other times its just stressful and toxic.What is a typical day like for you at SkyWest Airlines?It can be as long as 16 hours or as short as 4. Usually its super fast paced.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: SkyWest Airlines? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés