SHI International

3,6Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 288 értékelés megmutatása

great people but unbelievably disfunctional

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
typical day - doing other peoples jobs and handling customer sat issues (fighting fires)learned - how to do others jobs and mine at the same timemgmt - awesomeculture - great!benefits - so sohardest part of the job - getting anywhere meaningfulmost enjoyable part of the job - the people you work with are great

Pro érvek

people, work/life balance, resources, flexibility, relaxed environment, mgmt, culture

Kontra érvek

dysfunctional, customer sat issues 24/7, departmentalized, lack of incentive sometimes

Waste of your time

SHI hires people who mean well, but the managers are so beyond corny, as well as just not people who have your best interest in hand. What is asked of you is beyond extra, the work-life balance is non existent, and the training is 3 months when they tell you it is a month. SHI also pays very little relative to average in the industry, yet works you from 8-5 as opposed to competitors working 9-5. Additionally, SHI offers the least PTO per year of any. The benefit programs are the bare minimum. Do not waste your time being treated like a child at this company. There are some very talented people in there who will never be treated with the respect they deserve.

SHI Is a Wonderful Place to Learn and Grow

Great company to learn and grow your career in Sales and other IT solutions. Management encourages a positive work environment while being direct with important tasks. They work together with you and don't talk down to you. Working with management is pretty frequent, but not too much. If you want to work and succeed, SHI will work with you to strengthen your skills.

Pro érvek

Great location to learn and grow your career in Sales and other IT solutions

Kontra érvek

Pay could be better. Upper management is pretty much set, you may be better off relocating if you're looking for a quick pay bump.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Low Pay, but a lot of growth opportunity

The pay is really low, especially to start. But, once you work there for a year, you are eligible to apply within and continue moving up.So, you can definitely grow and make more money, but the bonuses are low and the pay is still not high enough.

Growth Opportunity, Fun Events

Low income
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fun workplace everyone who works there is great!

Fun, young environment to work in! The pay is okay...and long hours 9-6. Everyone there is willing to help and work days are 2 days in person and 3 days remote.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Productive Workplace with Great People

My team in the imaging department had very great people to work with, they were kind and helpful. The workload was diverse and I learned a good amount for the time that I was there.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good place for people speaking jobs directly tied to sales revenue

People a professional. Work environment is good. The company is focused on growing revenue through any means. There is no clear Stratiegic direction.

I regret working there

Low integrity. I regret the years I invested. In hindsight , I would have left after five years…It is a great place to learn and they promote from within, but I recommend having a plan and an exit strategy and definitely not putting all your eggs in their basket. Not a company you can go the distance with unless you play the office politics game. No real diversity in upper management. Maybe one person (finally) besides the owner…

Promotes from within

Kontra érvek

Toxic environment. No real diversity in upper management

Great company & work culture

Nothing bad to say about this company . Great work culture , a lot of fun incentives . Management is good as well can’t complain . Good entry-level starter

Boring place to work

You don't get paid well. if you are a boring and introverted person you will love it here. work is very repetitive there are no opportunities for growth and managers are ageist. If you are a recent college grad just work here for 2 years and get the experience you need to move on.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A very positive work environment with amazing managers!

This is the first job I've had where I felt like the management team thought of me as a person rather than an employee. I don't absolutely love what I do, but it's not that bad, and I absolutely love the environment and people I work with. I couldn't have asked for a better first job in the professional world.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

For a foot in the door, this is the place, but the management is poor and there’s a lot of favoritism here.

First off, the turnover rate is super high! They’re working on new logos and new company goals but what they need to focus on, is treating their employees right. They have no remorse for their workers, but each year they sit and tell you how much billions they make and the employees can’t even get a decent raise. Their employees are living paycheck to paycheck, they can barely survive! Yes! It is a great entry-level opportunity but the pay is insulting while the workload is unbearable. Mentally, a lot of workers suffer, they are just afraid to speak on it because they want to keep their jobs. Managers forcing you to stay pass your working hours is just a red flag and that will never change at SHI. The CEO doesn’t even care about the employees, not to mention the managers. The entire company needs to be reformed. It’s horrible there. The pay is disrespectful for the workload they put on you. All positions given are based off connections and favoritism. People who did not and do not qualify for positions got them because of who they know while other employees suffer with little to no room to grow. There’s no internal growth/no room for opportunities. You’ll get promoted if they like you and they MIGHT increase your pay. It all depends on who you are and who you know.

Pro érvek

Good entry level position for anyone who wants to start a career in IT.

Management, pay, favoritism.

The VPN works.

Give us your opinion about:A typical day at work - Answer email.What you learned - How to answer multiple emails.Management - Everyone is in management.Workplace culture - Remote.The hardest part of the job - Looking at your paycheck. The most enjoyable part of the job - Logging off for the day.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

productive and fun work place

I think if they paid a bit more especially for the amount of work that is needed from employees I believe it would be a lot more tolerable. I think if they allowed work from home like other office companies that would help employees.

Pro érvek

work life balance, fun co workers, gym

pay, no work from home
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good place to enter into sales

SHI is a great place to start a sales career, with robust onboarding and training programs, but not the best for developing your career; which is why they're almost always hiring due to high turnover. They aim to build a fun, inclusive culture but fall short when it comes to open honesty and favoritism, most activities are forced and mandatory. There's a lot of opportunity since it is a tech reseller and you learn about all different manufacturers and their products. It's also great for networking. Lots of people use this company as a springboard to get into other tech companies, like VMware or Cisco.

Pro érvek

Sponsored lunches, good training programs

Kontra érvek

Micromanagement, favoritism, constant organization changes, toxic culture
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Management is great, coworkers are nice and easy to work around but the jobs is tedious, and not technical at all

Anybody could do the job you don't need a degree or a certification to do this job, mind you the job has really nice management, good work culture and room for growth. Benefits are a bit too expensive especially if you have a whole family to look after.

Pro érvek

nice management and work colture

very expensive health insurance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great for first few months out of college

Ok place to work fresh out of school but would seriously consider other places that stress quality of work over managers attempting to fix work in very inopportune moments.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Laid back culture but pay is too low

Good place to start in corporate setting but pay is way too low. Depending on what account you get the work can be overwhelming and commission very underwhelming.

great starting place

this company has a high turn over rate but there's also a bunch of people who have been here for 20+ years. Theres always someone to help and it's a mostly positive environment. Hours are flexible depending on which dept you're in. health insurance is great

Pro érvek

good management, gym on site, heath insurance

Kontra érvek

pay is low, unpaid maternity leave

Productive fun place

SHI was a fun place. Making 30 cold calls per day was just not for me. Made decent money. Everyone was supportive. Made so many new friends there. I always felt like I could get fired at any minute if I didn’t sell enough

Free lunches

Kontra érvek

Pushy, always nervous I was gonna get fired if I didn’t do enough

Solid, forward thinking company

Nothing but positives from me. Worked there for 10+ years, held 3 different positions and was always encouraged to grow within company. People are great, job is defined and training is ample. Support teams are also great for sales reps. Provide a lot of heavy lifting on the technical side.

Good management, good compensation
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: SHI International? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés