Sherwin-Williams
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Sherwin-Williams-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Store Manager

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
245 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 5 655 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for people fresh out of college as well as a great opportunity for learning how to run a personal business. A major disappointment for me was coming from one of Sherwin's small divisions and going to their largest division is their training. One would think that a company's most profitable sector would have the most training but this not the case. The money is decent and the benefits are great. However it can be practically impossible to use vacation time. You may realistically only be able to use 20% of the time allotted to you. Couple of side notes, I've been a manager for 3 years now and I'm up for my third Presidents Trophy in a row. So with that in mind, even if you're killing it, you still receive mediocre support and is seen as mediocre performance. Basically the "you did it 3 times in a row which is great but not as good as 4 times in a row. So try harder next time."
Pro érvek
Benefits, Retirement plans, great starter job
Kontra érvek
Rural Markets have the same expectations of urban markets, Work/life balance is practically non-existent, and very little to no support from upper management regardless of performance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Sherwin-Williams is a joke. Managers are salary and the stores never have enough staff so expect to work everyday unless if you have a full crew.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Sherwin-Williams are enough to live on.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Sherwin-Williams, I think if your a suck up to upper management and join their “friend group” you advance quickly, even if you know nothing about management or paint. If you are great at your job, work hard, but are not in the “friend group” don’t expect a promotion.OverallMy experience working at Sherwin-Williams was a learning experience but I will never ever ever work for this company again. No one Is truly happy or loves there jobs. You don’t get paid enough for the work they expect from you. Upper management only cares about themselves not their employees. This company believes their employees or simply pions who are easily replaceable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management dictates advancement, not your work or accomplishments. Environment is pretty laid back, not a whole lot of thinking and problem solving, and it's very routine work that you do on a daily basis.
Laid back
lack of advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Upper management continuously gives unattainable goals. Publicly calls out anyone who doesn’t hit those goals, doesn’t care what the reason (environmental, location, etc) just expects it’s done or you are on the short list. Hugely understaffed, causing managers to work on average 60+ hours a week or 6+ days a week for months on end. Very little support from upper management.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I came in as a sales rep and was able to experience the recognition and awards give to those who worked hard in their area. Store Manager, Sales Reps, City Managers, Sales Manager and District Managers. I was immediately blown away with that much support.I am now a Store manager for my second store that is new and I helped open. That experience showed me all the support from my leadership, from my co-team and Assistant Manager to my DM. I have spoken to many divisional leaders and I have nothing but good things to say. But! I believe that when you sell out to S-W culture and way of doing business, you can’t not win. I will continue to help others succeed while I run along side of those that are. S-W did an amazing job through the Covid crisis and didn’t take anything away from anyone. A few Temporary adjustments were made (For the good) and we have seen those temporary changes go back for our long term financial benefit. With 154 years, just about 5000 stores US and a corporate headquarters that’s still located where it all started. There are many roads for many people. Anyone can belong and win at Sherwin-Williams
Benefits and job advancement
Kontra érvek
At times we may have to work longer days to cover due to job openings.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I always found purpose in my positions with this company. It’s work -so naturally it’s challenging, but that’s what makes it worthwhile. If you’re not satisfied with a position or area you’re in, keep up the best work you can do and find a different locale to work in. It may help to change your perspective. People move up quickly here if they’re willing to move around and try new positions.
Pro érvek
Benefits package. Potential promotion opportunities.
Kontra érvek
Cookie cutter “one size fits all” sales initiatives -often can be irrelevant and/or redundant.
Munkahelyi kultúra
always understaffed. constantly working stores by yourself. you need more hours to give employees but upper management wont let you. lots of opportunity to grow. Still not payed enough for the hours and stress/goal they give you. lots of favoritism.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have spent a lot of time working at sherwin williams(5+ years). I have enjoyed my experience for the most part. If you are not motivated by sales, you will likely not enjoy a management position.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Never enough time to finish anything, under staffed always. There is always lack of help, and overtime is always yelled at you are never appreciated for you work and are always overworked.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked for SW for over 10 years advancing as much as I could locally. I was not interested in relocating so I felt stuck. It’s a great and challenging job that I enjoyed for a time, but couldn’t do forever. Depending on the volume of the store, the work can be extremely physical and draining. Getting paint on your nice clothes gets old.
Job Security
Munkahelyi kultúra
For someone who knew nothing about paint the company definitely took me in and equipped me with the skills. However, on the ground, the employees are the lifeline of the company. Being part of the manager in training program, I got tot experience different stores and what I must say is the employees do not get enough credit. my only feedback to the company would be honor your employees, have a monthly employee appreciation ceremony or competition. other than that, I enjoyed my time with the organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was hired as a part-time store associate and as able to advance at a regular pace to key-holder, assistant manager, large store assistant manager, store manager, larger store manager and it allowed me to reach a point where I could seek higher-level jobs due to this experience. Sometimes, I wish I never left, and would definitely work for S-W again!
Coaching and advancement opportunities
Kontra érvek
Stores tend to be understaffed
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sherwin Williams was a good company to work for. They set and achieve all goals set as a company. They expect a lot of hours out of managers, reps and upper management, but have good bonuses and benefits that most companies do not offer.
Benefits and bonuses
Kontra érvek
work to home balance and on the job training could improve
Munkahelyi kultúra
For me it was a very good experience to work in shewin -williams, because I learned a lot in the time I was there and was learning for me. Now I have a lot of experience in the area of maryland I am grateful of them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the best companies, we would open at 7:00am, Managers would get in earlier to review last night operations, making sure pending orders queue, review inventory levels. keep customers happy, make sure your team is efficient & on time. customer service and sales performance is Sherwin-Williams priority.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun work place. Customers are enjoyable to be around once you get to know them. The managers make environment good or bad and also developing a well trained staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There’s good employees working at Sherwin-Williams in the stores,district management seems more concerned with advancing their own careers . Sherwin-Williams likes to move employees around,seems like they move employees after two or three years
Munkahelyi kultúra
Solid company, doing this to apply for a posting. Great value for stock holders. Can be stressful at times; task saturation. Work 7-5 Customer service is paramount if you want to succeed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sherwin Williams is a good company to work for. The work/life balance is decent, better than most corporate retail companies, and the pay is good. District management is fair but inclined toward micro-management. There is a physical component since management is heavily involved in receiving, stocking, tinting, shaking and delivering the paint. I enjoyed it, it kept me in decent shape and made the job interesting. It is a fast-paced setting in most stores.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Sherwin-Williams Company is definitely not an easy company to work for. The work is hard, the hours are long, and the business is tough. But overall is a very rewarding company to work for, and the benefits/compensation is great. If you are who they WANT you to be, you can go very far.
Munkahelyi kultúra
An aggressive and competitive company to work for. Every store has a unique atmosphere and work life satisfaction highly depends on store management and district management. The functions of the job change daily, which welcomes a variety of opportunities and challenges.