Sherwin-Williams
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Sherwin-Williams Alkalmazotti bírálat

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
Mind a(z) 5 655 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard to move to new location, spend time ordering products, make recommendations to customers, sometimes working long hours, hard to progress. Company hired within.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Decent opportunities if you desire a career in sales. Unfortunately, if you’re not focused on sales, you won’t receive much support. Overall, S-W is still a good company.
Career advancement opportunities
Kontra érvek
Lack of support from management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
HARD WORK. LIFTING PAINT BUCKETS ALL DAY AND LITTLE PAY. After 1 year still waiting fir raise because appraisal arendone months late and never get it.U left and never received anything.
Free coffees
Kontra érvek
bad hours and little pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I came in as a sales rep and was able to experience the recognition and awards give to those who worked hard in their area. Store Manager, Sales Reps, City Managers, Sales Manager and District Managers. I was immediately blown away with that much support.I am now a Store manager for my second store that is new and I helped open. That experience showed me all the support from my leadership, from my co-team and Assistant Manager to my DM. I have spoken to many divisional leaders and I have nothing but good things to say. But! I believe that when you sell out to S-W culture and way of doing business, you can’t not win. I will continue to help others succeed while I run along side of those that are. S-W did an amazing job through the Covid crisis and didn’t take anything away from anyone. A few Temporary adjustments were made (For the good) and we have seen those temporary changes go back for our long term financial benefit. With 154 years, just about 5000 stores US and a corporate headquarters that’s still located where it all started. There are many roads for many people. Anyone can belong and win at Sherwin-Williams
Benefits and job advancement
Kontra érvek
At times we may have to work longer days to cover due to job openings.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I always found purpose in my positions with this company. It’s work -so naturally it’s challenging, but that’s what makes it worthwhile. If you’re not satisfied with a position or area you’re in, keep up the best work you can do and find a different locale to work in. It may help to change your perspective. People move up quickly here if they’re willing to move around and try new positions.
Pro érvek
Benefits package. Potential promotion opportunities.
Kontra érvek
Cookie cutter “one size fits all” sales initiatives -often can be irrelevant and/or redundant.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Constantly over worked, I was hitting around 52 hours a week as an assistant manager. Most of which I had to clock out for because you get introuble for getting overtime. The 45k a year looks nice until you realize to obtain it you have to put in around 10 hours of overtime every 2 weeks. My bonus was awful ($390) for the quarter even though we were the only store hitting and above our budget during the pandemic. When I put in my two week notice I was thanking the DM for the opportunity etc. And I was hung up on mid sentence they dont care about their employees you're just another number. I took my college degree and vast work experience elsewhere they dont deserve the employees they have.
Pro érvek
Paid vacation after 3 months.
Kontra érvek
No breaks, 12 hour shifts, work weekends, work holidays.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Some rules apply to some people and to others they don’t.Fosters a hostile environment in which utilizing intermittent fmla is a must. Work 8 hours then the last 5 minutes of your shift get told you now have to work 12 or face repercussions/ points
Pro érvek
They pay well but is it worth it?
Too many to list
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job at Sherwin-Williams. They make me feel included and that I mean something to the company. They are always doing something to make you feel great.
Munkahelyi kultúra
No forced overtime easy work but you start as a temp so little money no benefits you’re laid off during end of October till mid January. If you don’t mind being a temp for years waiting for a full time position go for it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There’s a lot to learn and they expect you to be great at the job within 3 months of you getting a key. Everyone is great, the customers are horrible 50% of the time. Consider this before applying: do you like working in food service? If yes, then you’ll like the job. If not, probably not the best for you. I compare paint to food because each customer is very very particular about the paint.
Great coworkers
Kontra érvek
Horrible customers, short learning time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, the company was a great place to work. There are a lot of advancement opportunities if you're willing to learn as much as possible and are reliable. Building relationships and joking with your regulars is the best part. The worst part is when you're alone and the truck shows up while you have a line of people and the phone ringing simultaneously.
Pay, benefits, culture
Work-life balance lacks.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Melhor emprego da minha vida. Com profissionais excepcionais, profissionais, respeitosos ecolaborativos !!!!
Pro érvek
Ambiente respeitador, colaborativo e salário ACIMA do mercado
Nenhum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awsome, they really know how to teach thier employees, you have your above average managers and then youre awsome ready to tackle the day managers, have yet to meet a manager that does not work well with employees.
Pro érvek
Manager buys lunches, you are able to move up in company, even as a sales asscociate.
Kontra érvek
Its part time, rarely any full time positions
Munkahelyi kultúra
very thankless job. good if you want your foot in the door to be a driver.however, you're gonna deal with moving heavy orders of paint on your own with just your own strength, sometimes with a handtruck/dolly is the area is clear enough to use one.too back breaking for a job that pays $15 before covid and part time.Management is decent, was good with all the store managers and employees.no room to grow from a part time drive to fulltime, unless higherups deem it okay.
management, employees, driving
back breaking, low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
My manager was always super cool about my availability since I was a full time college student, but I wasn't fully trained on a lot of things. After working there for over a year I still barely knew how to work the BAC tinter and it took several months for them to teach me the Point of Sales system (which is very dated and complicated). During the off season (winter) it was never that busy and I was able to study and just chill. During the spring and summer it got crazy busy and I would leave feeling extremely stressed after only a 4 hour shift. Most of that time I was also just working by myself so when it got busy it was Busy. Most of the DIY customers were fine, a lot of the contractors and painters were very rude, especially to the women employees. I did learn a good amount about paint and painting and I liked closing the store by myself, but on the sales side it wasn't very fun. It's a pretty decent job to have as a student, especially if you're working in the off season, and there are enjoyable parts.
Pro érvek
chill coworkers, slow off season, learning
Kontra érvek
constantly covered in paint, rude customers/contractors, difficult to do when you're alone
Munkahelyi kultúra
OverallMy experience working at Sherwin-Williams began with the manager being gone most of the time. He would take vacations almost every 5-7 days or so, leaving the assistant manager in charge. Because of this the assistant felt pressured to be in charge more often, I was accused of not doing my work one night. That night me and another employee worked and were both asked to do a handful of things, unfortunately they did not do their work and I did mine. My assistant manager assumed it was me who didn’t do their work, and there are no cameras to have proof of this so I was unfairly written up. I left the company two weeks later and received several aggressive texts from the store manager that were very unprofessional, he was upset he had come into work to cover more shifts instead of taking vacations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job's culture is toxic. Both managers (assistant and general) would regularly give me work they didn't want to do, while sitting or standing around gossipping about other people that worked in the company.The other workers, one part-timer and a full-timer, who were told to train me, avoided doing that and their jobs like the plague.Training is next to none — you are expected to flounder in the job for 3 months. Asking questions about the job is met with a "You don't need to know that yet" and frustration. Their work standards reflect their personality; lazy and underachieving. The managers are passive-aggressive and have a real issue with speaking to you one-on-one. If you were to take the road less taken, that is asking the manager directly what you can do better or what their issue with your work is, expect an argument and to be made out to look like the aggressor. The general manager will also penalize you by way of shortening your hours. The general manager is also not good at their job, so asking them for help or to explain something to you is a catch-22. In short, I would only work here for the experience. Do not expect to grow in this company, from working at this store at least. The assistant manager was regularly fuming about being passed over for the title of general manager. I believe he said he didn't get the job because the general manager was a minority woman and Sherwin needed to feel a quota? Yeah, don't work here.
The entire job is a con
Munkahelyi kultúra
Terrible managementto be completely honest, that never take focus on the new guys. Preference is insane and will not permit growth even when you prove you dominate all issues
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with expensive coating can give the sense of high risk if mistakes occur, this may lead to consistent scolding and potential added stress. In my store things will be blamed on you if you make a mistake, and if your co-worker makes a mistake everyone is one team and you still get scolded as a member of the team which has caused a mistake to occur.
Pro érvek
Decent pay and some options to earn more over time, ability to switch stores, learn about coatings
Kontra érvek
A lot of heavy lifting, manager constantly scolding, only 30 minute unpaid break.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company is great if youre located outside Vegas. Here in town the company sucks. Poorly managed, favorites, no advancement unless you do your job plus the managers job. The reps are awkward and if you are disliked they will try to fire you for any reason. Youre not paid enough for the work and the skill you have is under valued. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM IN VEGAS.
Pro érvek
Good people if you find the right store
Managers, Polotics, Money
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ea una empresa con capacidad de darle un buen ambiente laboral a sus colaboradores
Seguro