SelectQuote

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 858 értékelés megmutatása

You will do busy work 80% of the time

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
You will be expected to handle and respond to vendor questions within an hour. You will send several emails to vendors asking for invoices. You will input several invoices, only getting an hour or two in the morning to do so. You are expected to work 45-50+ hours a week during close week. Benefits are below average compared to similar jobs in industry.

Pro érvek

Free lunches once a week.

Kontra érvek

Most staff works out of office
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Far Worse than what can be said

The absolute worse place to work for. Management pits agent against agent. Its all your fault if anything goes wrong. Pay is regularly short. Regulators are on their side. You as an agent are a tool to be used and disposed of appropriately and the world will turn a blind eye to the dirt.

Hard to make money

Fast-paced, constant changes. The changes usually mean your wages decrease. People are fired and at the same time huge groups of new hires are coming in. This causes stress and lack of job security. Lots of us feel disposable and that we don’t matter.

Work from home

Low pay

Great people, management

Solid mgmt, great team members, great $ potential if you hit it hard consistently. Can get shifted between departments for certain sales seasons (Medicare) that can be brutal.

Don’t Work Here

This is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. The managers are horrible. They are programmed by upper management. They all say the same thing. It’s always the sales agents fault. No one else is held accountable. Management only favors “top agents”. They never can give you a direct answer and they speak to you in a condescending way. A lot of the management have only been managers for a couple of years so they don’t even know much. They all literally say the same thing. No work life balance. They say you’re not trying hard enough if you don’t work on your days off. Only when you’re doing good do they have something positive to say and when you don’t hit goal they talk to you like you’re a dog. You can tell that they show favoritism and when you call them out on their bull or their passive aggressiveness they start mistreating you. Yea you make good money however it’s not worth the stress or the headaches..you can make 6 figures working less hours doing something else.. you make a whole bunch of money during aep then they take it back 3 months later if your policy doesn’t stay on the books.so they’re ultimately recycling money. There’s no stability. They change the verbiage to things all the time. They don’t really care about you. They run contest but the same people win then when you speak up about it you ironically win the next time. Don’t work here!!! Work somewhere else!!!

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Highly competitive

Great job if you like sitting at your desk the entire day. Ability to make good money is there but it is constant competition and you are literally on a call the entire day if you are good at it. The Medicare commercials are misleading so you have to explain that to almost every potential client. Training is top notch.

Plenty of cold calls

I was told this would not be ANY cold calls, yet that was about 85%off all calls. Very frustrating being misled so I didn’t stay long. There are opportunities for advancement and they do encourage it if you can make it through the cold calling phase.

Not what it seems

SQ prides themselves on selling that you can make 6 figures in your first year. They throw so much at you in such a small timeframe, that if you do not work/study in your off time you aren’t going to be able to make it in their company. They also tell you that you have job security but then they would cut 300 people in 1 day. These change so often for them, that is it impossible to keep up. They also do not have a moral compass that actually allows you to help clients. It’s always sell, sell, sell and if you don’t bye!

Review

The pay is pretty decent and the bonuses can help a lot. However the attendance policy is outrageous. Hopefully you don’t have random situations occur because you get 4-5 attendance points in a 90 day period. If you need to schedule a dr appointment and don’t have enough PTO there is no scheduled unpaid time off so that’s an attendance point. If you’re looking for a laid back WFH job this ain’t it at all, between the attendance policy,staying within their availability qualifications, and QA qualifications on top of about 3,000 cold calls or more a day to people who aren’t even interested
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good people to work alongside, albeit terrible people management.

Worked here for a year in every position of the Medicare Sales team from AEP Sales, Customer Care department, Outbound Lead sourcing, and finally the Customer Success team. When you ask the training management for help or for a deeper dive they say they will help you succeed, but really all they do is criticize your efforts in favor of numbers. Work is consistent with outbound calls being most of what I did. I did have a shot for Management, but was turned down in favor of others and instead was put onto an OB only team with nearly impossible to reach metrics with allotted break time. If you are ready to grind out calls for sales it might be a good place to start with fair compensation. But if you are looking for a job to have a comfortable life, this is not it.

Bad company

Worst company, I've work for, they put you in multiple training classes. I got fired for not having all of the 20 carriers. they don't give you time they rush you. they don't care about their employees there was 300 people in one zoom training class. they will not release you from appointments
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

An amazing working environment to be in

I loved this company, I worked remotely and enjoyed every bit of it, however some days would be 11-12 hours long. No work life balance but overall it was a great job.

Great Compensation

no work life balance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Comp is fine if you can sell

IF you can do phones sales (and want to be locked in all day) then you can make really good money (especially during AEP). If you are not interested in convincing people to do business with you TODAY over the phone (even when they don't want to) then you won't make good money. Ever since we went remote in 2020 due to Covid, the culture (which was on life support prior to Covid) has officially died.

Pro érvek

WFH and commissions when you're good

Everything else

Think Twice and Think Again

If cold calling is your passion this is the perfect fit for you. You'll be told the leads have expressed interest in our products...FALSE!!Most leads are generated from people doing surveys.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Very unhonest about the role you will be working

The training sucks and doesn’t prepare you for the actual role. It’s a lot of craned information and when you first start the give you a bunch of subprime leads. Almost impossible to get anyone approved. When you ask for help or ask where you missed a opportunity to sell. They tell you that you have 2 weeks to get it right or your fired. No development of sales people. And the pick favorite to make sure they get all the best leads.

Kontra érvek

Training and preparation for the role

Wonderful place to work

I loved my job with SelectQuote and would love to go back to them when I get my illness under control. I was an SQA and just lucked into my job not knowing that I would get the best job I have ever had. They train you and I’m serious when I say my job was the easiest job I have ever done. They help or in some cases completely pay for your internet. The management doesn’t degrade you they simply help build you into the best at your job. They have an open line of communication and are very straightforward about your goals. When I was in training the president Tim Danker came in and spoke with us answered all of the questions we had. When I say I loved my job, I woke up excited to be there and put my best effort into everyday. If your looking for a remote job this one is absolutely worth applying to.

Fun productive

They really worked with me. I made a lot there. You have to put in the work to make the money though since we got paid less than $10 an hour. Commissions were great. I just wanted to move on to other things

Very diverse workplace

not a bad place to start as a new agent Very diverse workplace great training however not much room for advancement managers are very helpful with production always constantly learning
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

High pressure call center for sociopaths.

If you are good at manipulating people you will do well by getting in the "clique". Don't be fooled. they do not care about you. This is a sales environment. If you cannot convert you will not get good leads.Your leads come in the form of calls being transferred from India. Most times the customer will not even know why they have been called.

Pro érvek

work from home, good pay if you can sell

Kontra érvek

Misleading and deceptive, playing favorites, mind games, poor equipment/platform

Hivatalos válasz innen: SelectQuote

2022, szeptember 12.
We are sorry to hear that your work experience has not been positive. Our sales environment is a highly rigorous, dynamic and competitive one, and we make this known when recruiting and hiring. We also strive to prepare employees for this reality. We do want to hash out any disconnects so please reach out to any manager or our HR department to further voice any feedback or concern.

Run

They’ll terminate you in a heartbeat. They don’t really care about their employees. Calls are always back to back non stop once training is over and you are official on the floor.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Mandatory meetings, poor and shady upper management, lay offs

Mandatory meetings with almost the whole company as people drone on and on about statistics not relevant in anyway to you or your entire department. A lot of people that like to hear themselves talk. A lot of soulless 'corporate' in this job. Very strange work culture- getting to know eachother or joke with eachother was explicitly discouraged and frowned upon yet you are expected to be a 'work family'. The training isnt relevant and the rules are made up. You pretty much wing it until you make a mistake.... Get to work peons.Get ready to be laid off if the sales team fail to meet expectations. Working from remote is one of the only upsides to this company.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: SelectQuote? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés