Saia LTL Freight

2,9Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 996 értékelés megmutatása

Average LTL company with average benefits

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
When you get older and slower dont expect anyone to care. If you get in a accident,dont expect a fair investigation of the details surrounding the accident. If you have less than 10 years with the company at the time of the accident....you are going to be on thin ice. You might even get terminated if you have less than 10 years.

Pro érvek

Steady work, average pay.

Kontra érvek

Too many hours per day and week.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good company not being properly ran

Really big company but this terminal doesn’t act like it. Need to let TM and Operation supervisor run the terminal instead of Coorporate trying to do it. Suicide routes daily that make no logical sense. You never know what time you’re going to start everyday. Pay is OT after 45 but they pay you on a Th-Wed. Meaning Thurs is (Monday) and Wednesday is (Friday) so it makes it a little harder to get the time+half. Cameras in truck facing driver and outward not too big of a deal if your not on your phone texting. Will send 48’ and 53’ in tight residential areas they absolutely shouldn’t be in. Don’t have proper equipment (box trucks/liftgate pups) for the many residential stops they take on.

Not bad

If your looking to make decent money this is the job for you, however expect to be at work more than at home as they try to work you as much as possible they are constantly hiring new people as the management is horrible they like to abuse their title an are always running people off for the slightest things don’t expect to get paid overtime until after 45*. Hours

Pay

Kontra érvek

You work 12-16 hours shift with a 30 min lunch, they will still clock you out for lunch wether you decide to take one or not, trying to use pto or vacation time is a big hassle

Good pay, stressful

A lot is put on the managers plate with little to no support. Very good pay and bonus structure but will work you to death. No extra help given and number of drivers you can use is dictated to you then then get yelled at when don't have enough ppl.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Easy but No life outside work

Very basic job responsibilities. I unloaded trailers taking the freight and loading on to respective trailer. Work alot of hours but you make a ton of money.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Pay is good

At first it was a cool job. Then we got a new Terminal Manager and then the mural went downhill. All he cares about is numbers not his workers. There is no home life at all

Flexibility

The dusty yard

Ok job

Long hours work pt i would probably go back hopefully its different this time around the pay is great meet new people and raise every 6 months with great benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Producyive fast pace environment, safety is stressed

Great Place to Work.Paid we'll & plenty of work to get done... Inform the Survivors in advance & most problems will get resolved....I would recommend Saia to any driver..
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

bonus' were taken await but upsale was still expected

this was the most stressful job i ever worked. I worked as back up for a large coffee shop chain and was expected to take verbal abuse from transportation managers and store managers and even my manager while trying to comply with contradictory company policies. during the highest call volumes the both the CRS 2's whose accounts these were, were unavailable to field calls.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Pay and benefits are hard to beat, but environment is not for everyone.

The pay at SAIA is great and the benefits are very competitive. The only real draw back is the way most employees are treated. Fast paced environment much different from most warehouse jobs, production jobs are similar. Best if you can learn to operate a forklift quickly or if you have a CDL or want to learn to drive trucks. Dock to driver program and sign on bonuses for drivers are good. Supervisors and managers could use some better leadership training than typical management receives. Most supervisors seem to be high performers with little to know people skills. Which means they expect people to perform like they did and that only comes with time and experience. Hard to build when new dock workers are chased out quickly and replaced quickly.

Great pay and benefits

Kontra érvek

Poor leadership on the lower levels.

Ok place

The job is really good and has some problems with dispatcher communication. The dispatcher sometimes very rude and don’t have respect to drivers. The upper management tends to make it harder on the drivers when making pickups.

Poor Management/Favoritism

Don’t work at this Company you will be a number in there system that’s it!!!!!No communication what so ever!!!!Treat driver with no respect whatsoever.

Pay Ok

Turnovers on Drivers Very High

Dispatcher sucks

The dispatcher is the worst and Management couldn’t care less. Forget curbside delivery, you will be taking freight to the door regardless of terrain or weight and length. Residential delivery in a 48’ life gate is the norm.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Difficult work, but it pays well

Compared to other places that I've worked, this is the best company that I've been at, and it's mainly due to the pay and benefits provided. Weekly pay is a huge plus, as are the company-wide raises.You will encounter friction between office-side and dock-side as it feels like sales lives off in its own world compared to what the company actually does, so expect loads where you have to jury-rig up something strange so that it fits if sales decides to overly promise something to a customer.

Pro érvek

Pay, company holidays are free PTO, benefits, coworkers are nice

Kontra érvek

Maintenance is nonexistent at this location at this time
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The management at Saia in Henderson is horrible.

SAIA in Henderson, CO is the worst comoany i have ever worked for. I was a mechanic in the shop and the regional manager was completely useless and would lie to your face. He brought in who we have come to find is his son in law to run the shop and has no idea of what he is doing. Upper management ruined this shop

Pay

Good pay and benefits BUT

Great pay and benefits however, starting line haul drivers will start as system drivers and you will live out of a suitcase for the week and back to your home terminal at the end of the week for your 34 hour restart. SAIA would be a great place to work if they did away with the SYSTEM DRIVER.

high pressure to perform

The work is great, insurance good, pay is ok, management not so good communication bad, high-pressure, fast pace environment, expect to travel to other terminals to work without notice. Don't have the right equipment to make certain deliveries. This company stresses safety but puts you in unsafe situations

insurance, pay

communication
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It was a good place to work

It is a very good company to work for. And people there was helpful & nice. I quit because it was where my dad worked he passed away from cancer it was just to hard or I would probably still work there .
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

They want you to stay just we're you are that's at the Greensboro location.

I like my job just wish I could move up and change was mad at Greensboro location 🙃 and more hours and train in different areas of this site and management that treat all the same no matter what color you are.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Decent job if you need the money.

I worked for Saia LTL for 5 years as a Diesel Mechanic. I started when I was 19 so at the time I was excited to be making so much money. As a mechanic they’ll start you off at a hood rate and the raises also come pretty fast. Everybody hourly worker gets automatically capped out in their position in within 18 months of hire. Although the job did pay well, it was a very cutthroat environment to be in. Everybody pretty much had it out for one anther. Instead of teaching someone they would rather see someone fail because of job security purposes. They conduct themselves like that because they are a older group of people and see the young as a threat. Working here for the first 2 years is felt like my job was constantly at risk, and that exactly how they want you to feel, like your on a tight rope. After about 2 years you’ll earn some rank, they’ll stop picking on you and giving you the short end of the stick, but I would advise no one to put up with harassment and having to work nights for 2 years straight. They honestly had no plans for me in the end. I was basically there to cover the night shift until somebody died or got fired. Those are the exact word my supervisor told me when I asked him about the morning shift one time.

Syracuse terminal

Very poor maintanence of equipment . Trucks constantly breaking down and being put back in service Unsafely as if they were actually serviced. Good pay. Good benefits. Chaotic work environment .
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Saia LTL Freight? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés