SAIC

3,9Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 2 938 értékelés megmutatása

productive and encourging work evvoirnment

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
I worked as network engineer and did multiple projects in this position. was give awards and recommendations. workplace culture was very good and collaborative.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Very low pay and overwork

Very low pay and they over work you…. Why am I getting 50k to be an entry level grc analyst.. If I had the experience I wouldn’t never work here but since cyber security is such a gatekept field I had no other choice
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Very supportive. I was on a cleared govt contract

Not a lot of direction although no shortage of ideas. Supply chain fiasco becuase of Covid19. Great benefits great people but I had to literally find tasks to do due to lack of management defined roles and positions. Plenty of training and they pay for certification
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Be Careful and don't feel secure...you will be laid off for no apparent reason!

SAIC does not care about employees once the contract is over. It's all about the revenue for them and they do not even try to place you at any other open jobs.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Interacting with the military base in Natick

It was a great working experience and environment. Management was extremely helpful. Great people. Lunch time was a big deal. I worked in Newton the office was beautiful.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Decent

The software developer supporting government contracts are essentially what a typical developer job supporting government contracts would be expected to be. Standard pro and cons.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good job and I have great managers!

It is defense contract work so there is that. Overall it is a decent company to work with. I like the every other Friday off regardless of week it falls on. That equally to 26 extra days off! The work is challenging enough.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Amazing work environment and management.

This company not only does amazing things to help ensure that the DOD is taken care of and helps the DOD excel in technology, they ensure that the company also takes care of its employees. It was easy to work with management. Hands down the best management team I have ever worked with. They ensured your safety, and encouraged your abilities and found ways to help out your weaknesses in a caring and loving way. I would very much like to work with SAIC in the future.

Absolute mismanaged dead-end

It has been quite some time since I've been a part of an absolutely horrible situation and I think this one takes the top runner as the "career smear" on the resume. There was absolute zero support from your "manager" and for this person to even have that title is a joke in and of itself. If you are not part of the "good ol' boys club", they will run you off as quick as they bring you on-board.

Pro érvek

Benefits

Kontra érvek

Hung out to dry...

SAIC does not care about employees once the contract is over or you are removed (replaced with a GS direct) the client thinks SAIC is too expensive. It's all about the revenue for them and they do not even try to place you at any other open jobs.

A good opportunity

Is a great company overall to work for. Individual experience will vary from contract to contract and team to team. Overall though, they do their best to keep you busy, and when contracts change, they do everything they can to help you find an open position in another.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good place to grow and learn.

Good sites for contacting work. Able to form and maintain professional relationships and there was room for growth and learning.Could rely on renewal of contract each year, job stability.

Longevity opportunity and promotion

Long commute

Remarakbly powerful workplace politics

If you're an engineer at SAIC prepare to also be a politician. The office politics of people fighting for lead roles is detrimental to the entire programs operation. Seniors will throw junior devs clean under the bus to protect and elevate their own careers and this is coming from a senior. It's certainly a good ol boys club. With that being said if you're unremarkable and have a pulse they will hire you. If you never ask questions you can expect a comfortable well paid 20 year career.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good company to work for

Generally good corporate culture. The farther away from the corporate flagpole, the less consistent the management. Some were better than others. Otherwise, I was treated with respect, input was valued, and there was good sense of teamwork. Again, results may vary due to personalities and individual leadership styles.

Great company

No complaints here. Onboarding was easy, fair and rewarding compensation. Corporate is very transparent about things they are working on. SAIC is a very professional organization. I would recommend to anyone.

Compensation

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great Place to Work. People are real and nice.

Start a 8 finish at 5. I usually learn something everyday. If you do your job you are not bothered. The culture is great. The hardest part of any job is because it is work. The enjoyment of being on a team and working close together.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fast paced workplace that employs problem solving and critical thinking.

My typical day consisted of me answering calls from customers that were having issues with Microsoft Office or other programs that they may have issues with. This included also hardware issues. Calls were expected to be handled in a timely manner (sometime this couldn't bee done if you are moving forward to a resolution).This being my first Tier I agent job I learned a great deal in terms of what is expected of me from a customers point of view. This lesson was taught throughout various phone calls throughout the day (no one person is alike). I already had customer service skills working in the military so dealing with frustrated customers is nothing new. Empathy and going control of the situation can work wonders on developing a customer/agent relationship during that quick call.I enjoyed working with customers over the phone and being able to solve their problems in a timely manner. That was the highlight of my day!!I didn't interact with management at all through my time there (6 Months). And the Technical Lead's were pretty busy throughout the day dealing with other agents. That part wasn't as bad because there was a system in place for agents to ask questions that usually were given a response within 1-3 minutes.The workplace culture wasn't bad nor was it good. There was some noticeable favoritism. And most of that could have been because of longevity. The hardest part of the job, for me being new, was at the beginning trying to solve the problem regardless of how long I was on the phone for. At first it was because of the processes you go through. After you learn -

Great company

Solid pay and benefits. They take care of their employees and provide a positive work environment. They donate to a variety of veteran charities, one being that they build a house for a homeless veteran every year.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company to work for.

Well managed company that takes care of their employees. Good working environment and good leadership. I would work for SAIC again given the opportunity.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

So many reorgs, it is difficult to know where things stand or whether your department will be around

The people I work with are great, but the company doesn’t really value it’s people. Example: things were slow and rather than let folks spend time training, they asked us to use up our leave. Then when things are really busy we have to squeeze in training on top of the long hours. This was true even for people new to the role.

I love my team!

It's hard to judge defense contracting companies because a large portion of your experience is determined by the government agency and team that manages your contract. That said, I am EXTREMELY well-compensated for my job, my team is absolutely incredible, and this is the best experience I've had in the defense contracting industry.

Great 401k matching, great healthcare, excellent pay, excellent leave

None come to mind.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: SAIC? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés