Revature

3,7Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 158 értékelés megmutatása

Pretty good place to kickstart your career

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
If you can force yourself to achieve what you want. You probably will get it. Revature help me to improve my communication and soft skills a lot. Also prepared a good foundation for me to get thing easier in the interview process.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A way to get in the industry

It is an option for people who really, really want to get into tech. Especially people outside of tech. If you graduated CS or something related, don’t do this, you can definitely do better, just put in some effort.If you’re outside of tech, you’ll get a chance to enter and get some experience. And that’s what mattered to me when I started.But there are also so many cons.Basically, you will have no control over your career, you can't choose a tech stack, you can't choose a company afterwards, you can’t choose a place to live. There is a possibility you will end up unhappy, and it will last for two long years.Regarding the stack, there is an option of leaving after 3 days, so if you end up in a stack you did not want, you can just leave. They also keep an option for you to have to change your project after some time.There are so many bad scenarios, and they covered them all with their contract. Most of the people, including me, have a decent experience in general, but maybe you’ll be the one with a bad one, so think about your chances twice.

Pro érvek

You get some experience in tech

Kontra érvek

Lack of control in your career
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Don't work here unless you're transitioning into the field and need the training

- The training genuinely was pretty good, but you could get the same from a textbook, YouTube videos, or a paid training course/bootcamp- The contract you sign to work here feels very predatory. When I was there they would come after you for 20K if you quit before the 2 year contract was over. I would argue that the training and placement are not worth 20K If you already have a comp sci or engineering degree. In that case you should reach out to reputable recruitment agencies across the country that will help you out without entering a penalizing contract which could lock you in with a bad end placement for well below average pay.

Pro érvek

Training and somewhat guaranteed entree into the software development field
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Uplifting company, great place to learn

I think Revature lives up to its mission statement of giving people opportunities to enter the tech field. I didn't expect a lot from here but I was pleasantly surprised with the warm, supportive culture. The workload per day varies, but overall you get a lot of good quality education if you put the work in. The worst part might is just management not letting you know anything until the last second, but that's just the way the company works. I recommend working here if you want to become a software engineer without a ton of experience behind you.

It's not that bad

Pros- In terms of training it's not bad, the content I have learned was useful and definitely helped me be a better software developer. I can't speak for what it's like after training yet, but after training you are basically working for another company anyways.- Everyone at Revature was friendly.- You get paid when in training (although it's minimum wage).Cons- You can't pick what you want to be trained on, and the pay is minimum wage when you are in training. At least you have 4 days rom the start date to decide if you want to do it, if I didn't like what I was going to be trained on I don't think I would have done it.- Being locked into a contract for 1-2 years or you have to pay a big fine if you break it is another big con. I got a 1 year contract, if it was for 2 years I wouldn't have done this.- Not knowing if you will have to relocate and it can be basically anywhere in the United States, so make sure you are fine with relocating before going with this.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Productive and fun work place

The leadership is honest, approachable and fair. There is room for growth. There is open collaboration between everyone. There is constructive feedback. There is a large focus on morale between employees, management and their families. The atmosphere is fun and rewarding. There is a diverse environment. The pay is fair for the job that is asked. There are clear expectations set and instructions on how to meet those expectations.

Not that i am aware
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good work culture (One of the best places to work) | Friendly Sr Management. Easily approachable. | Well orientated and organized.

The culture at Revature is by far the greatest asset. You can tell that they truly care about the happiness of their employees. It's a really relaxed and calm environment, even though the work we do can be fast paced. Good Salary-Flexible With Vacation Time-Benefits.

Productive and fun work place

My experience at revature was satisfactory so far. I think we should get ready to compromise with the work life balance. Few of my friends had difficulties at the beginning of their training. But I would say if you put in your efforts, the process will be smooth for you.

Good communication

Good HR manager and talent acquisition, they contacted me via email then phone I got a phone call, they provide good guide materials and Average technical test

It’s up in the air

Overall it’s a good company to start off with but you have to get lucky and get a good trainer or your experience will not be the best. But it’s worth a try for sure good luck.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Revature is a well planned work and personal life balance place. Management has always give their best to support

It's 3yrs working in Revature and I am blessed to work here. Management always supports you and encourages you. I am looking forward to brightening my future along with Revature. Continually thankful to the leadership and the management

Pro érvek

Flexible, Friendly work environment, Employee Friendly, Balanced workplace, Free health checkups and Vaccinations, Best Management and Leadership, Free snacks, timely entertainment activities, beautiful infrastructure

Na
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

There isn't a word they will let me use to describe them

I think this company is really great. They issued me a paycard so they can pay me during training. What company does that for its employees! This might sound hard to believe but they cram everything you need to know about java in one week so if you got a CS degree in programming you wasted your time. Revature can do it in one week! The trainers were really great too. You would have to be in order to cram years of computer programming into one week. Most were so great that they didn't need prior experience in teaching. That is how good they were. Revature is so awesome that it is a pleasure to spend an additional five hours a night trying to do their projects and preparing for their quality control interviews. Did I mention those? You don't know how awesome it was to be quizzed over stuff the trainer barely went over or to be asked questions until they find one you didn't know the answer to. I guess they wanted to prepare you for the stress of real life interview. Thanks Revature!

Pro érvek

You got Min Wage during training!

Kontra érvek

Instructors are not qualified to teach these subjects.

You will regret it

Dont work there you will regret it also that contract isnt enforcable at all. They are criminals. The ony good thing is you will meet some amazing people.

Pro érvek

You learn how to do front wnd and back end coding.

Kontra érvek

Too fast, terrible commnication, inconsistent, and they will not try to work with you.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The fake company can live or die by its reputation!

One of my friends with a bad experience and all my two times assessments were the same! They are full of false narratives and worst unorganized processes with no clue about what they dose too!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A progressive learning & growing opportunity that we have here at Revature

Everyday a new opportunity to learn and experience technologies and people. A motivated team to mentor and support during all hard times, both emotionally, mentally and physically.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Nice place to work. Good place to start your career.

Great place to start your career. Working with the latest technology laid better future. Good environment and easily approachable mentors. Taking care of employees is the first priority during difficult situations.

Pro érvek

Work life balance Working in latest technology

Culture & Values

Having worked in some of the big brands in the industry, I feel privileged to be a part of the Revature family now where Culture & Values are the core elements of your success. Getting into an organization that gives utmost importance to these two aspects helps you excel in your career and give in your best at work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to learn, excel, innovate, express, develop and rewarded

Since joining, I have felt working at Revature a great experience to learn, collaborate, express, innovate, being accountable, lead, and rewarded.Due to the open door policy, everyone at any level, is encouraged to learn, suggest, contribute, innovate, and been heard.The management work as a coach by giving suitable platform of freedom, to try, experiment, express, and take lead/own the initiatives/innovation. They believe 'Change is only constant thing', and allow each one to think and act as a shareholder/important stakeholder in the company's growth.All these, makes Revature a great place to grow and become a leader.

Small Place with Freedom to explore & grow

ProsMy review is after 9 months of working here1) It's small company which will allow you to explore and grow2) Your responsibilities is also bigger since it's smaller place3) Nobody is glancing over my shoulders and monitoring meCons1)It's small place, you have to decide things lot more faster and independently.2)Anyone with decision paralysis will find it difficult to charter the water here3)Lot of things still work over phone calls and emails as we are still in process of building a system4) If you are joining from Big organization ( like me ), you will have shock for initial few days
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

doesnt take individuality into context

yes it might be lucrative if you need a way into tech but they cater to one type of learner. The current placements i've seen fellow co workers begin to work with have diminished their sense of individuality. if youre someone who doesnt fit the societal status quo -- look for somewhere thats more accepting and finds more accepting clients for you to interview with.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The whole hiring and interview process was very unprofessional and unclear.

The whole hiring and interview process was very unprofessional and unclear. The job description and hiring process was not made clear and wasted a lot of time/effort.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Revature? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés