Publix
4.0 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Publix Alkalmazotti bírálat

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 17,913 értékelés megmutatása

Great job

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Worked at Publix part time and after school. Company is very flexible with my schedule. Good work environment with supportive boss and friendly staff.

Eh

Everyone is sleeping with one another and a lot of kids work at most stores or older people. Management changes frequently so be prepared for that. However they have good benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to work but it’s hard to fire people

I love working at Publix but there are a lot of lazy people and it is hard for management to fire them. I make good pay for my work but sometimes the stress of doing the lazy peoples work wears on you.

Pay

Lazy people

It was cool

It was cool Prossteady pay raises and great opportunities to further education through tuition reimbursement program.ConsLong hours, expected to work overtime and weekends if you want to advance.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Pay isn’t worth having to deal with the customers,

While the pay is good, it takes a while for it to show. Advancement is difficult if the manager doesn’t like you, but I was lucky. If you’re full time, the scheduling is all over the place and take a lot out of you. For instance I’d get less than 12 hours between 9 hour shifts. The job culture is pretty terrible; a lot of people talk behind each other’s backs and most of the upper management just brags about their money. If you don’t like your department/store it’s usually very hard to move out of it.

Pro érvek

Pay is good, there’s a lot of Publix’s to work at.

Kontra érvek

Work/life balance, difficult advancement, workplace culture

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Good place. To work. Paid well.

Working here has been an excellent opportunity for me. As a manager, I make around 70,000 a year. Long work hours, but it's nice to make a difference in the community.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good company to put oneself through college. Opportunities for advancement. Good benefits such as 401k and tuition reimbursement.

I worked here through college. Other places now pay more, but Publix provided me with a flexible schedule and easy-going management. Of course I've never aspired to move up in this company, but there are opportunities for advancement. Store managers are well compensated.I work in the deli, which is a tough department because it's usually busy, there are several skills each employee must learn, and you're required to multitask. This is especially true if you close the department, which is often unsavory. Publix also offers IT, warehouse, corporate and other positions on their website for those interested. Take a look at Publix's tuition reimbursement offerings and see if you might be able to launch a successful career this way.

It is always crazy

I didn't have the best experience with certain managers. It wasn't always bad they do have caring people. It was just not the best workplace like everyone talks about.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Publix a is a great company but management need work. It can make the job enjoyable or not.

I had a great experience staring off at Publix but then I learn that they rotate management so often. When they rotate manager, you might be stuck with a terrible one.

Benefits, flexibility

Kontra érvek

Management can make or break it
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not a bad place to work. Pay isn’t good enough.

Management was good, pay wasn’t very good. However they do work with your schedule. You won’t get 40 hours unless you’re very short staffed or you’ve been there over a year. No employee discounts either

Works with schedule

Kontra érvek

Benefits after a year, Not enough pay, Can’t get 40 hours until been there a year, Management take awhile (20 years) to get.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great retail company with a friendly culture. However, highly labor intensive and can be very stressful depending on various circumstances.

Retail work sucks in general but I would pick Publix over most other retail jobs. Work can either be tolerable or miserable depending on your managers. Opportunity to advance is pretty good if you’re willing to put the work in and build strong relationships with managers. While the benefits are great, the hourly pay is low for the amount of labor and responsibilities you have (until you become a manager). This is the perfect part time job for high school/college students as they work with your schedule, offer tuition reimbursement, and almost always accept time-off requests as long as you request it 2+ weeks in advance. With that being said, working full-time is much more challenging. First off, it can be terribly difficult to become a full timer. I know people who have waited over a year to become full time after expressing interest in it. It all depends on the store’s and district’s needs, as well as how well you perform every week. Second, you’re required to have 24/7 availability unless you have a special circumstance and need certain days/times off. Third, you are required to work the day before and the day after a major holiday. You get Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas off but you can’t travel anywhere to spend time with family in different states. Lastly, you aren’t paid very well for all of the responsibilities you’re given when you become full time. I make $15.55/hr after being full time for three years even though I take on most of the same responsibilities as a manager does. It’s pretty tough in the beginning as a full timer, but once you’re promoted to assistant -

Pro érvek

Benefits, private stock, friendly work environment, opportunities for advancement, flexible schedule for part timers, excellent job security.

Kontra érvek

Schedule changes weekly, work is labor intensive and unfulfilling (like all retail jobs), work-life balance isn’t great, and can be extremely stressful as well as mentally and physically draining at times.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

I liked how everyone is so nice but it can be too uptight and strict. If you don't like managers breathing down your neck, don't work here.

You go in and if you were a bagger like me, you just stand waiting for a customer to want help taking their groceries to their car (not very safe in my opinion) but then you grab carts and put them up. That is your job, but you will get looked at by management if you are not doing more even when there is nothing more to do. You either have to stand there and do nothing and risk getting in trouble or you can walk around and act like you are doing something and get scrutinized by your bosses.

30-1hr long breaks

very strict management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

For the most, working at Publix was a learning experience.

Publix Supermarkets taught me how to give great customer service to my customers. Owning private Publix stock has helped me in the long run. After a while, working in the deli got old. Especially on the nights I had to close.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and busy place to work.

In my opinion of Publix Supermarkets it's a good Company .The pay is fine But sometimes the work does not always fit the pay. If you are part-time in my opinion you get alot of scheduling privileges but with no benefits. But if you full-time it's gonna be a little harder to get a set schedule if you have family you family can count on you to not have a set schedule because they expect for you to be available when they need you to work. We get benefits but we work harder. In my opinion Full-time should have there days of together so we can have a life outside of Publix. I would like to say we should have some seniority over are part -time counter parts. I.n my opinion they call out more, and are a little more unstable if you ask me. Over all Publix have changed since the pandemic has happened 😒 and I'm still waiting to see what will happen in the very near future with the Company. I am very proud 👏of myself to still have a job at Publix Supermarkets after this long I wanted to leave many times but God is keeping me there. Thank God for a Job.

Pro érvek

You get your paycheck on Thursday's. Full-time and so.e part-time gets benefits.

Kontra érvek

You don't get your days of together. If you have family or a marriage it might get a little hectic.

It was fun!

Loved it here! It was really great! I learned a lot working here for 3 years! It was a great experience filled with great memories! I don't have anything bad to say.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not a bad place to have a career, as far as grocery stores go

Room for quick growth in certain departments, in others you may be stagnant for a while. Pay could be better but it's not bad. Semi flexible schedule, pretty good work environment. Benefits are nice if you get them but they're pretty strict about keeping you part time to not qualify.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Can be fun with the right people and schedule very flexible

Flexible schedule and able to switch stores if needed. Managers help advance and no degrees needed. Only bad thing sometimes is the hours and missing family time

Flexible schedule

Pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Strong company if you can go the distance.

If you looking to work retail. this is a great company. people are great. However, it is still retail: Weekends, holidays, dealing with the public. Advancement can be tough depending on department you are in. They will not take prior experience into consideration.

Pro érvek

Good benefits. Potential for great pay if you can stick it out and make management.

Kontra érvek

You need to embrace the Publix culture for advancement, Prior experience goes out the window, you will start at the bottom.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Awesome benefits, stock, weekly pay.

Publix has great benefits, workload can be extreme at times depending on season. Starting time no end time at warehouse. Overall just do your work time will pass.

Pro érvek

Free lunch, great benefits .. ok pay.

Short breaks.. management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A very good place to work at. It isn't as tightly knit as other places, but everyone respects each other and is understanding of you and your time. They don't treat you like a cog in a machine, they understand that you're human and you won't always be there on time or at all.Sometimes the management can be somewhat lacking, especially in the Deli department, but other than that there aren't any real downsides to being there.

Long Breaks, Good Pay, Benefits

Management, No Discounts

Rewarding career.

Order selecting is pretty brutal physically but rewarding, You get a free tasty lunch every day. Great stock plans and benefit packages, overall a great place to work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Publix? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés