Penske Truck Leasing

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 3 746 értékelés megmutatása

Culture has changed

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Culture has changed from being concerned with associates to only being concerned with numbers. Employees with 10 years of experience are leaving the company because of the culture change, and the funny thing is: Management is happy with it because they can pay someone less to do a similar job. Thing is the work quality is not similar, lots of corner cutting, the more corners you cut, the quicker you will be promoted.

Pro érvek

benefits

Kontra érvek

its a numbers game. you are a number and can be replaced.

Can Be enjoyable at times

Job can be enjoyable at times. Sometimes the management at the building is blind to what actually goes on. Needs More Training so that things are done the way they should be

Communication

When I started red tagging stuff they told me that I'm right so I can suffer no reason and I was still learning I was still training.I kept on getting talked to everyday so they kept on talking to me everyday about things that I would red tag. while I'm still learning I'm trying to make sure that I don't make a mistake and I get in trouble for what I did.if I write off a truck that I deemed that I think that it's okay and if it's not and then it comes back I get in trouble.so I just red tag things that I'm unsure about. But overall it is a good job to work for if you're looking for a job to be a technician. The day I ended up spraining my foot it just went downhill cuz I was out of work for 5 or 6 months and I think that's what overall made me leave this company because they weren't being nice to me at all. I'm sorry that I fell out of a truck but you know you could at least be more nice about it than having me in the room where they just mopped and in a slippery and I almost fell and almost hurt myself again so sometimes they need to think about things before they do things to somebody else. Because it could be unsafe for them . And for me reporting them putting me in a Transit van after I'm on crutches and I have a boot on my foot is what all so maybe leave this job like you didn't care about my safety you just want me to go out because you had nobody else to go. The only thing I like about this job is the co-workers I worked with and my supervisor I can say right now my supervisor is pretty smart and my coworkers are too but I wouldn't recommend working there if you're a -

Great workplace

a typical day at work was busy and rewarding. what I learned was that I could thrive in a fast paced environment. management andworkplace culture was great!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good training by experienced drivers

While the recruiter mislead this driver in the form of pay & training requirements, the job itself requires a lot of understanding on how to utilize and find the balance with hand-trucks/carts. Requires a lot of strength to tilt back in excess of 250-lbs or more. Position requires 4-6 weeks of actual manual labor (no driving), that was a misleading statement from their recruiter finding out thereafter being hired. The pay also was misleading. The recruiter said pay was equivilence of regular driver pay-false! Training/labor pay is actually $19-hrly, you can work a general position like at amazon for a buck less without having to kill yourself.

None really

Kontra érvek

Don't believe what you hear

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

ok pay ok hometime

The job is touch freight. You will most likely be working for 12 hrs sometimes a little longer coming in with no experience. They arent perfect but they try. Management will sometimes take away bonuses and use different tatics to cut pay.

Great pay

Kontra érvek

equiptment isnt good, long hrs coming in the door
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Hard work and long hours but good pay and management

I delivered medical supplies in St Louis. Long hours and hard work but management trys to make you feel appreciated. Main company is always sending so kinda gift, backpacks, shirts, flashlights etc.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

They treat you great for your first 3 months... after that, they don't care about you.

Not a good place to work. Cameras in the truck, both driver facing, and outward facing; they do not disclose this, you find out on your road test. They penalize you for everything, and treat you like a child. Pay isn't that good unless you want to work 12-14 hours every day. ... even though penske sais, you have certain holidays off, you might still be working them. Some contracts are mandatory holidays. They treat certain people better than others, favoritism is rampant here. Only positive is the benefits are pretty good.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Toxic work environment with a plantation-type setting

Penske just lost its account to another company and no longer oversees the Kroger account. HR does not follow up with phone calls. They use high pressure tactics to make warehouse employees pick heavy food items. They send trainers to harrass workers for not picking fast enough. Pay is good but culture is toxic. VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE AND COLD ENVIRONMENT. Management and trainers show favoritism. This job is not designed to be a career choice. Trainers try to force employees to engage in unpaid pre-shift meetings.

Good pay

Kontra érvek

Lots of heavy lifting, favoritism
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

As a maintenance supervisor it can get stressful

As a maintenance supervisor, it can get stressful. You're expected to work 50-60hrs per week. At my location, there were too many units for the number of techs that we had. My manager was a great guy, but a micromanager. His communication skills were subpar. Sometimes we were made to lie to customers about their unit's estimated time of completion. Anytime my manager messed up, he would make the supervisors call the customer to make it seem like it was the supervisor's fault. I honestly would not work in this position again.

Fellow employees; Benefits; pay

Kontra érvek

Long work hours; dishonesty to customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Penske as a whole is good, arizona locations not so much

Good company, but AZ locations are all about favoritism. I got passed up on classes and promotions, brown nosing is must in this company not seniority

Hard. Freezing. Overwhelming.

Really strenuous. Really cold. Really fast pace.You have to be strong, be able to move fast as well as be able to listen to an earpiece for next item to stack 7ft tall on a pallet then drive a triple runner hauling 3 pallets to the next location fast to make rate.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It all depends on what you want

Penske is a good company, but your experience will depend on what you want and where you are. If you are looking for corporate advancement, you might want to look elsewhere. The benefits are good, pay is not special, but fair. The culture depends on the facility and the group you work, but my experience should not define the entire organization . The pace is fast and priories are non-stop. You will be putting in your time, so if you want your 40 hrs and that’s it, you may not like this environment.

Local Newnan

If you have no family, then this is the place for you. It’s hard for someone with family because the job isn’t consistent enough. You are punished by the point system they have in placed, it’s just not a place for drivers with family and a life.

Ok.place.

Great place good pay. Don't much room for advancement especially if they want you to stay in your role. But still good job. Rhey so have incentives that are good

Easy work overall.

I work for over 3 years and they Penske treated me well. Awesome company and they reward their driver with multiple gifts throughout the year. AND THEN,.....new supervisor comes in stir things up. Culture is different. Environment is no longer friendly. Huge tension when ever anyone walk into the office. Everything work related or go home. No small talk. I guess is better for the company to bring moral down and focus on mundane work. Sounds like a union is about to happen. Luckily I got out before it goes down because I can't stand the new supervisor. Also the new supervisor pervious job was supervisoring union worker. I can garenteed you that the union guys kick him out.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Stable company to work for.

A typical day is like the movie Ground Hog Day at this location.Management needs work, First Decade I worked here good management 2nd Decade not so good.Very good & Stable company to work for as a whole.

HORRIBLE management

HORRIBLE management, beyond clueless and have no idea how to run the business. Management should atleast have truck experience or have worked on trucks before.

Disorganized Its A Pay Check

Nobody Knows What They Are Doing..Very High Turn Over..HR Does Not Answer Calls Or E Mails.. Good Luck Getting Employment Verification. They Change Managers More Than Anything.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Can be fun at times but most of the time it isn't

Low pay for CDL requirement. Management doesn't care about personnel. All that they look at are the numbers for the month and how much rental brought in. Always pushing rental managers to do more. Part time work means management trying to get you to work 10-12 hour days at times, 5 -6 days a week. Lowest paid employees. Stay away. If your late delivering a truck for a reservation, even if its not your fault, (break down, service, traffic, etc. Your the bad guy. Most of the time the trucks aren't even cleaned properly or at all.

Great coworkers

Needs to offer better work life balance. Mandatory weekends will burn you out quick. Plant manager doesn’t interact with employees. Focuses more on building appearance than employees.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Penske Truck Leasing? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,2/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Penske Truck Leasing
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?