Orkin

2,8Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 1 578 értékelés megmutatása

Management makes or breaks the job

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Preforming your route was generally easy going, sometimes because overbearing when office overloads your day. Management is hit or miss based on location. Coworkers usually get along and build strong bonds. It is manual labor so it does sometimes become hard physically. The money is what makes it enjoyable .

Pro érvek

Money, independence while at work

Lackluster training

Horrible company

Orkin is a very Toxic and unhealthy environment. Management only cares about getting the work done and has no problem putting a technician in dangerous situation. They care nothing about the employees only revenueI would not recommend working at Orkin unless you like being treated like garbage

Sadly unprofessional

Toxic work culture. Disrespectful and childish behavior from management and team. There are a few solid employees but overall not a healthy place to work.

Laid back

Unprofessionalism
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Too much work too little support.

All the service plans here are messed up. People signing up for things they don’t know they’re signing up for because sales people lie. Very little support from management. Toxic work environment.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Easy Job but extensive hours and a weird pay setup.

The Job is easy however the hours are long (100-130 hrs every 2 weeks) and the Overtime pay out is weird and if someone decides to not pay their bill your check is docked even though you did the work. would like to see changes from corporate management branch management is decent.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Over worked under paidnothing

Nothing good. Hostile work environment, no overtime,over stressed,have to be a butt kisser to management,they use you than get rid of you,management makes you do there work well they go home early.they lie and the list go on.wouldnt recommend this company to my worst enemy
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Always burnt out, no work/life balance

We’re always given too much work with so little time. They wonder why the employee turnover rate is so high when they always burn everyone out. Pay is not the best and they expect you to make your life all about work. They always talk about work/life balance but always expect you to take time off of your personal life to come in and work.

Stressful/no work life balance

The pay can be really good if your willing to deceive clientele about the true results of the product. Expects you to sacrifice home time with family for their bottom line. Will have you working from 6am to 8pm and every Saturday to at least 2pm if they can “persuade” you to do so

Too many stops

Depending on where you were hired, Orkin promises to make your life easy and also busy at the same time, the downside is that you have to make all the calls for your next day services, they expect you to Manage your route. But if they initial comes in you have to put everything else aside and do that first and same with the callbacks, with everything else they over stack you with stops expecting you to be at the first stop starting at 7:30 AM and to try to be off earlier than 530. If you cannot finish your route they get upset, if you hit past 530 they get upset. The only thing that is beneficial about this company is that the pay is good and yes you can make a lot of money but is it worth your physical health? The Beverly Hills route was the most complicated to do, the houses are outrageously massive and finding the bait stations and mosquito stations were really difficult. If you ever call and ask for help the management team hardly ever answers except for the service manager once in a while, you also have other coworkers nearby which I’m more than happy to help you out. If you call in sick you’re most likely have to work that Saturday even if it’s your day off to complete the route, they don’t do what they preach. I would highly suggest not work at the Pacoima division, I had to go as far as contacting the regional manager to fix of what they were doing and saying we’re wrong and disrespectful . But if you’re a workaholic then this job is for you, if you can stand criticism all the time then go for it. But other than that they give you a truck and uniforms and yes the benefit -

Pro érvek

Decent hourly wage with commission for every house you do, company truck provided, cell phone and uniform

Super long days, 18-20 stops a day

Great company

A pleasure to work for. Management and leadership are great job is very consistent with pay benefits and time off. I would highly recommend this job to anyone looking to fulfill a career

Great benefits

Non
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

They make your think your getting a promotion and bring you in to fire you.

I do not recommend this company. They make your work life very stressful. They expect you to work after hours for free and you don't get paid. They don't allow for promotion with in the company and frequently take money making jobs and give them to other employees if you aren't as successful. They don't allow for constructive criticism to help you learn and grow. Just not a good company to succeed at.

Ok

Ok place to work i only worked there three months before having to leave because of famiky issues but management was good to work with and the pay was good set on an hourly pay

Challenging at times

Never enough help in the field management overall is fear but expects employees to work harder than they were themselves so managers are worth keeping and some managers need to go find a new job overall the company is a huge place to work if you’re willing to put in a time to advance on mistake or not complete a task on time and forget about advancing

Poor Leadership

The leadership stresses a work-life balance at division meetings but once you get back to the office that's all forgotten. Also, the leadership will tell you things like where you will be assigned; however, don't believe the lies because I was told that I would be assigned a branch by the region manager only to find out after I bought a house near that area that he was planning to relocate me elsewhere. They don't care about you, they just want employees that will do whatever they want.

Choose another career

I would recommend working for orkin to those who are ok with no advancement . It’s not a bad job to have as the pay is decent , but there isn’t much room for growth.

No Loyalty

I gave 9 years of my life to Orkin. I did used to take pride in working for the Orkin brand until they showed me that I was truly just a number and meant nothing to the company. Orkin allowed all of the admin to start working remote in November of 2020 and were told this was going to be how it was going forward. (They'll tell you that was never said) As of July 2022 they made a company decision to eliminate all remote work positions and we had 2 weeks to get back to the office. For all of us mothers who have kids at home of course 2 weeks is not long enough to find child care or even be able to budget for it. Since I was unable to change my entire life to go back into the office I was let go. The company could have worked with a loyal employee since I could clearly do my entire job 100% and allowed me to keep my job but instead they let me go and now have to go through the process of finding a new admin who will be given zero training and thrown in to sink or swim. Good luck to whoever takes that position.

Be ready to work

There are easy days when you're sailing through your shift. There are hard days when you're pouring sweat or in cramped conditions. You will come across quite a few challenging situations that need a solid plan and a week thought out approach. Then you need to be able to change those thoughts and approaches when the unforseen arises. All in all it does balance out. The management and office staff are understanding and supportive of those in the field. Not every solution to an issue is desirable, but it is a solution.

Pro érvek

They listen and are willing to work with you. Nice benefits, fair pay

Kontra érvek

Certain tasks are less than desirable, but that comes with this particular field.

Burn out job

Most greedy company I've ever worked for. Everything is about the almighty dollar with them. They can seriously care less about their employees, they treat them like machines. You get overworked and hounded to make sales all day. Most of the employees are lifers. They get themselves stuck there because they don't think they can make more money else where. Orkin gives their employees a work phone but then you are stuck answering to their every bidding 24/7 because of this phone. The phone doesn't shut up. No work/ life balance.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

No balance and company refuses to adapt

There’s no set hours. Work life balance is entirely decided on a whim based off customers needs and lack of staffing. Comparable companies have better structures in place to handle day to day business and work life balance.Pay isn’t the worst, but isn’t the best. Pay is also stagnant. Employees received a pay cut before Covid hit and the company was in good standing. This included legacy employees. The job is physical and as you get older, you will do less and paid less. Loyalty isn’t rewarded in the company, and they refuse to adapt to competing business models.You primarily make compensation through production as a tech. Production can also be taken from you at any point for any reason. This is also a functional pay cut.There’s either too much work (because of staffing issues and customer concessions), or too little (because managers run production and work isn’t delegated evenly). There’s hardly ever balance.In summary there is no balance for pay, work/life, etc, and the company refuses to adapt.

Pro érvek

Production can be available and no caps

Kontra érvek

Work life balance, pay structure long term
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

No chance for growth, Work you like a dog

They expect you to work and do multiple task with no appreciation and little training. People are fake nice. Pay is decent. Turn over rate I'd super high.

False advertising

Great to work on your own the pays is just terrible and some weeks can benefit and some make you question if there will be better days. If you have a family I don’t recommend cause you will live check to check. You drive around a lot as well
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Orkin? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés