O'Reilly Auto Parts

3,2Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 8 487 értékelés megmutatása

They are an equal opportunity employer

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
There's a lack of communication between labor and management you can't give someone the keys to the store and the combination of the safe on their first day on the job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Training is limited. High expectations that are hard to reach in the environment

This is not a climate controlled facility. They do allow water or drinks on the floor and have industrial sized fans that push around hot air. Indescribably hot working conditions that make it difficult to make and consistently maintain productivity and accuracy expectations. Favoritism runs rampid here. Careful.not to trust ANYONE
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Awesome company to work for

I currently have worked at Oreilly for 3.5 years and this is my second time working for them. It is a great family based company that understands the need for a work life balance. I recommend this company to anyone even if you dont have any automotive knowledge.

Good overall.

All down to who you have above you, of course, but they have a very robust training system and generally the management is very open to new ideas and methods, so long as they produce results.

Pro érvek

The ladder always has a new rung for you, if you want to climb

Kontra érvek

Compensation has lagged behind, especially during the covid wage revolution.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good pay but lots of mandatory overtime

There is a very Little amount of work life balance. Management always changing. People and coworkers are nice though. It’s a job. Raises every 6 months.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Store manager is nuts!

I loved my Job and worked very hard to make it known. When reviews time came I was belittled and criticized for going above and beyond. I was told that my coworkers disapproved of me but no one could tell me how. Etc.... overall my extra effort was ignored and/or disapproved of and ANY mistake that was EVER made was broadcast to the whole group. Never met a bigger narcissist in my life! This store has big turnover problems and now I know why! Try Advance!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fairly easy low stress job

Pretty straightforward, once you get the hang of things its about as easy as it gets. There is a slight learning curve as you figure out how where all the customers are located, but you deliver to the same places often so its easy to memorize. Some of the parts can get pretty heavy or awkward to carry, but usually the worst you’ll have in your day-to-day are just car batteries. Accuracy is very important, always double check your part numbers - your eyes will play tricks on you eventually. Your customers are usually interesting and cool people, occasional bad apples but not as much as other workplaces in my experience. The best and worst part of the job is being on the road. Its nice to drive around listening to the radio while you’re working, but depending on where you live the traffic can drive you nuts. There is definitely opportunity to move up the ladder if you want it, but they won’t hassle you over it if you are content just delivering. Overall I recommend.

Great place to learn

Learned alot about the inner workings of the business. I think there is always some disconnect between what some customers expect a parts person to know these days but Oreilly provides tons of training and learning opportunites to better help you understand the parts you're selling and in turn become more confident but without any auto knowledge there can be a learning curve for some.

Good company

I've enjoyed working for O'Reilly Auto. Depending on the person I was taught everything i needed to do the job correctly. There are vague rules that cause problems but my bosses have tried hard to clarify issues. The pay is fine to start out for a non automotive person. Increase on pay happened quickly. There has been opportunities for advancement.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Just a basic customer service job.

Schedules are created chaotically, code of ethics for management are completely non existent, nothing is ever followed through with HR complaints regarding management. Having a regular and consistent weekly schedule is not a normal practice, you will be given the shifts you are given, and expected to make it work.This is detrimental to any employees with young children or employees who's spouse also works. You don't need any actual experience with vehicles, but it helps. They give out commissions, so if you reach out in your free time to people to make sales, you can almost have a living wage. The wage is laughable at best, many employees are making around 10-12 dollars an hour, and even with the monthly bonus it equates to about 1.50 to 2 dollars more an hour. You will also be required to take small online technical classes through the company portal to become an "expert" on applications of parts. Oreilly Auto Parts was without a doubt the most disappointing work environment I've ever experienced. The hours, the pay, the management, and even the culture are just sad. Worst pay in the parts industry.If a person can make 25% more money hourly average flipping burgers at an entry level position, why would oreilly expect anything other than the bare minimum?

Pro érvek

Completely brain dead job. If you're ok with essentially doing nothing and getting paid very little, this is the place for you.

Kontra érvek

Every aspect of the retail structure

Great benefits and opportunity

I loved the company and all they had to offer. There are so many chances to move and find a job you love. You can also move most anywhere in the country and transfer.

Pro érvek

Easter Bonus, fun fest, company lunches, wellness clinic in office

Kontra érvek

No wage adjustments for current staff

The pay sucks

The good is the discount and insurance the bad is only certain people can do whatever they want with no consequences management is never there the higher management that is.

Discount and insurance

The upper management sucks

Focusing on the job

A typical day at work what I do is that I serve both commercial customers and also customers in general, taking phone calls from commercial customers, customers, and also taking down helpful notes of what the actual customer is requesting. What I have learned is doing stock checks from different stores, returning items that customers didn't want, gave warranty exchange on the parts that had a 3 year warranty and also a lifetime warranty. With management I was able to manage myself and also my coworkers in doing the correct thing. The workplace culture is that O'Reilly Auto Parts has Team O'Reilly Dates which was January is Commitment, February is Dedication, March is Enthusiasm, April is Excellent Customer Service, May is Expense Control, June is Hard Work, July is Honesty, August is Professionalism, September is Respect, October is Safety/Wellness, November is Teamwork, and December is Win-Win Attitude. The hardest part of the job is memorizing the locations/aisles of where everything goes. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your coworkers as a team
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Very nice please to work

The company is very good to work for the hours are long but you have to work hard to have a good store. As a manager I believe should manage the store and not be a sales person

Sales driven company

Sales driven company with a focus on making the most profit. Lower wages and uses promote from within frequently to circumvent fair pay. This is a resume builder employer.

Pro érvek

Very nice people and schedule

Kontra érvek

Pay and raises not competitive
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Company doesn't care about you!

This is a filler job. Work it until your other calls for employment come in. Worked as a manager with no actual authority to manage anything. All you are is a Boob to catch grief rolling down the hill. I have 30 years in the automotive and management game. You WONT GET PAID FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE NOR HARDER WORK. You are just a body to fill a slot so the dis. manager can sling the heart ache from the regional managers short falls. And so on
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Was pretty good working there, pay was decent enough, insurance and retirement options are honestly awesome.

Pros:Benefits/insurance are greatRock solid 401k/retirement optionsPretty solid systems in placePlenty of work to doPlenty of sales to makeCons:Some hiccups in management over the yearsCan be semi stringent with buying and reselling from certain vendorsDealing with frustrated/idgaf mechanics can be roughOverall, I'd recommend this position if you can make sales, have a pretty solid understanding vehicles/parts and have a certain level of thick skin

Any other warehouse job

Same as any other warehouse job. The job is easy. Just come into do your job and go home. Some departments work overtime, some departments barely receive 40.

Meeting the public

The customers are the reason they are in business, but the customer service they deliver is very subpar. The store brand bearings are junk and shouldn't even be a option for customers to purchase. They treat their employees with little respect and do not offer a decent wage.

Eh

The staff tend to be under 25 and think the know everything about automotive parts, business and life in general. The customers expect the staff to be mechanics and willing to do free repairs.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Easy fun if you have good co workers but they expect too much for far too little pay

This is a job for a household that already has income not a stand alone job they do not pay enough and want far too much and they can’t keep my days off the same month to month so life planning to do anything is next to impossible if you wish to be broke and never have free time this is the job for you
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: O'Reilly Auto Parts? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés